Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

MOT Failure - very p****d off!

MOT was on Saturday, and they decided to fail my 4yr S60 w/30K on it for numberplate spacing (ok... I admit this is slightly illegal) and headlight allignment - what has really p'd me off is that I replaced the bulb about an hour before the test and the guy doing the test wouldn't let me align it there and then!!!

How do I align these bloody things properly!!

You should have seen the pieces of crap they passed at the same time mine was going through ...

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thats why having a nice MOT garage helps, the guy doing my MOT will align my headlights for me, during the test so that i don't fail on it

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Feel sorry for you mate.
    You should see the fuc**d suspension parts on mine that I'm having to replace that some blind man passed before I got the car. I accept there is "discression" for the testers but the wheels turn an extra 1/8th of a rotation when the car stopps.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well at least you wont have to spend nearly £400 to get it through its MOT.

Unlike me (failed today)

The 'levellers' are knackered on both headlight units, so apparently i've been blinding everyone with my lights

So thats...

£135 EACH for the headlight units + VAT takes it to £317 + £30 MOT fee takes it to £347 then labour on top of that.

Dammit.
    If everything's under control, you're not going fast enough!
    1997 S70 T5

Scottish bloke
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JO5EPH
    £135 EACH for the headlight units + VAT takes it to £317 + £30 MOT fee takes it to £347 then labour on top of that.
    Joseph get crystal headlights as there about £10 dearer each and fit them yourself

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz13
    Joseph get crystal headlights as there about £10 dearer each and fit them yourself
    Yeah I know, but me being an idiot forgot it expired today, so it's stopping there until they source the new lights (should be tomorrow).

I've definitely learned from this, that I should book it in a week before the MOT expires, then I can sort the things out at less expense!

I just 'Presumed' it would pass, and they said they were really suprised it failed, "It's a really nice car" they said. Humph.

You live and learn....
    If everything's under control, you're not going fast enough!
    1997 S70 T5

Thread Information