Join Today
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Code Readers

  1. #1
    Andrew
    Guest
    This user has no status

    Code Readers

    I am looking for a coder reader and or stats software for my 95 855 T-5R.

    The OBD socket is under the coin holder in the cabin, I think the "motortronics 4.3" was mentioned somewhere. All the readers I see advertised on ebay are for 96 onwards which is probably because thats when OBD-II become a standard.

    Reading codes is my first aim but getting things like car statistical and performance data would be very useful say via a reader into my laptop or IPAQ PDA ?

    Can anyone point me towards suitable solutions.??

    Andrew.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    rich850t5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    HEATHROW AREA
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I am looking for a coder reader and or stats software for my 95 855 T-5R.

    The OBD socket is under the coin holder in the cabin, I think the "motortronics 4.3" was mentioned somewhere. All the readers I see advertised on ebay are for 96 onwards which is probably because thats when OBD-II become a standard.

    Reading codes is my first aim but getting things like car statistical and performance data would be very useful say via a reader into my laptop or IPAQ PDA ?

    Can anyone point me towards suitable solutions.??

    Andrew.
    I know justin made his own can you share that info J? thanks
    850T5-96-CD-AUTO-SALOON-mbc-drilled airbox-d/v-cbv removed and blanked off-acc rod 3 turns-21psi boost-std ecu(for now) K+N panel filter-1/4 ml times (waiting to get a time) "HELLO"from"RICH"

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    splatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,205
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    I bought one 50 quid off e bay from someone in Germany, worth a try eh? will let u know.

  4. #4
    Andrew
    Guest
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by rich850t5
    I know justin made his own can you share that info J? thanks
    Yes please - if your sure it works on pre-96 models.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    rich850t5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    HEATHROW AREA
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt
    I bought one 50 quid off e bay from someone in Germany, worth a try eh? will let u know.
    SPLATT have you used your code reader yet? how did you get on? cheers
    850T5-96-CD-AUTO-SALOON-mbc-drilled airbox-d/v-cbv removed and blanked off-acc rod 3 turns-21psi boost-std ecu(for now) K+N panel filter-1/4 ml times (waiting to get a time) "HELLO"from"RICH"

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    This user has no status
    splatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,205
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    It arrived today (well yesterday considering the time!!!) so will plug the little thingy in tomorrow and fire up the laptop (4 YO daughter permitting!!!) Will let you know..
    Quote Originally Posted by rich850t5
    SPLATT have you used your code reader yet? how did you get on? cheers

  7. #7
    Andrew
    Guest
    This user has no status
    Ah you bought the OBDII you plug into a serial port


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ipv6 ready