Join Today
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ref arbee's post. "Coastal would be nice but not essential". Absolutely right, I would love to say OK everyone let's all meet up slap bang in the middle of the countryso no one has to drive more than a couple of hours. Then everyone can have some fun and go home. However, reallity is somewhat different. Although I can't be sure! I suspect a National Meet could attract many members and families, these hopefully would be drawn from all corners of the Kingdom. It makes sense to hold it somewhere where those that do have to travel can make use of the offered accomodation without having to piss in a bucket in a field (for those of you that enjoy that....no offence). Likewise for those that would be bringing kids, how long can you maintain a five year olds attention with sizes of brake calipers? Both problems are rectified with for example Butlins, Skegness. In June, we had a great turn-out to Wobbly's BBQ, a great day out, we all agreed. Now that was fine for Justin, Wobbly, Steve and Moppy etc,etc who live a few miles away or could get a taxi or who's wife was driving. Great night-time fun and frollicks with loads of Stella Artois. The remainder were stuck with Coke and a 100+ mile journey home. This is not intended to be a local, let's inspect each others strut braces thing but a National everyone from everywhere FUN weekend. Personally, although there will be exceptions, I feel that, with a years notice and the probability that this would be THE biggest event of the calendar and not just some pub car park meet, the venue is fairly unimportant as to it's geograpic location. Although having said that, we would not expect a member in Aberdeen, to have to drive to Newquay. My thoughts are, just about everyone could manage to get enough petrol and time together so they can put a weekend on the coast in their diary for 2007.
    Why not make it 200 cars and 500 people. Or maybe just a few less.
    Last edited by Matt30462; Friday 21st July 2006 at 10:59.

BIG GREEN PLEASURE MACHINE

GONE, VERY LIKELY FORGOTTEN

This user has no status

Thanks
    Totally agree Matt,

No one is asking people to turn up on a monthly basis to the end's of the earth, just one weekend out of a whole year to travel a couple of hundred miles at most (depending on where you live). This whole north v south thing is just silly - people from the south wont travel further than the midlands cos then "its not fair" and people from the north wont travel further down than the midlands cos again "its not fair" (not all of you I hasten to add). If you're not interested in going thats fine, no one is going to force you, but daft excuses of "its not fair" are pointless - just dont put your name down!!

Matt, choose a venue (where ever that may be as the people who want to attend WILL travel for a once in a year weekender), choose a date and we'll make it sticky so its here for the next 12 months for all to see!!

I look forward to the progress - oh and anyone complaining from this point onwards that it is too far north or too far south the message will be deleted!

x

Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,162 Posts
    The centre of the country is still a 3-4hour drive depending on traffic...it's probably more for the Scotish members and god forbid we actually get one our Irish contributors, they'd be looking to use their summer holidays just to get there...

I'm looking forward to the invite to somewhere obscure......bring it on..(if I can keep my licence that long )

PS- just in case---- I'm in...
    Last edited by JUDGENINJA; Friday 21st July 2006 at 13:41.

Current Garage:
    1997 960 3.0L 24v - Polestar...(Honest guv..!!)
    1997 855 T5 S - stripped to 1300kgs gross weight - 14.2sec qtr(rank 17*)
    2001 V40 T4 SE - 14.199@100.15MPH - Hybrid Turbo/VXR injectors and DeCat(Rank 15*)
    *Data Sept 2013
    Any Stuff For Sale - check out my Ebay link

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Bloomin' Nora!!!!!!!!

I'm bricking it here and I'm one of the good guys. Steve you lucky, lucky man, I love a dominant woman.

OPTION B

Steve you poor thing you, is she that aggressive all the time?

This user has no status

Harlow, Essex. Drives : An 855 T-5R Gul. To Fit: PCV & 'Stage 0' bits, and a damn good servicing!
    Thanks
    ok - my votes -

Billing (for facilities)

Blackpool (for coastal fun and kiss me quick hats)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmopp

I look forward to the progress - oh and anyone complaining from this point onwards that it is too far north or too far south the message will be deleted!

x
    Oh and dont forget to far east or to far west either i can feel a coming my way

SIGNATURE COURTESY OF STORM TROLL

This user has no status

Thanks
    With regards to location its probably not viable as you say to get it slap bang in the middle of the country however having it right down south as im sure it will be will put alot of people off, its a 3 hour drive in very light traffic to santa pod from the North East so no idea how long the scottish lot or the people in the north west would have to travel.

Alot of people would probably have no issues getting a few days off work, im not sure about other people but I only get 20days holidays, 2 weeks and a couple of days off for holidays abroad leaves only a few days left which if need to spend time in the house or anything leaves me with days off only to play with which is 2 some weeks and 1 most others so a day to travel down means would be totally knackered by time get home the following night and if its a full weekend job will miss out on the fun on the second night! So location and minimising travelling to around 3 hours would be ideal, maybes just me but others could be in the same boat.
    04 S40 1.9D 115Bhp Sport
    00 BMW 325i Cabrio
    07 Monaro VXR 500
    03 Porsche Boxster 2.7

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Me & me missus, wherever (mind you, I'm goin to be fussy, and say in the UK) whenever.
    I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel,
    it was just some fool with a torch bringing me more work

1998 V70 R AWD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    There appears to be some misinterpretation here. Because I live down south does not mean I am looking down South. In fact, I have been going out of my way to avoid the South Coast.
    I fully intend to find as reasonable location as is possible, on a reasonable budget, my current selection process is asking around East/West Coastal, mid-country. Therefore South Yorks, Lincs, North Wales and Lancs are being bombarded with emails. As it happens, we have been offered Camber Sands in Sussex, at the moment though I have thanked them for their efforts and told them I am looking at further north, but will keep it in mind. Quite honestly I am beginning to wish I never mentioned the whole bloody thing. It appears that unless some people can camp out on there own lawns, they refuse to go anywhere, some people just want to make waves.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt30462
    There appears to be some misinterpretation here. Because I live down south does not mean I am looking down South. In fact, I have been going out of my way to avoid the South Coast.
    I fully intend to find as reasonable location as is possible, on a reasonable budget, my current selection process is asking around East/West Coastal, mid-country. Therefore South Yorks, Lincs, North Wales and Lancs are being bombarded with emails. As it happens, we have been offered Camber Sands in Sussex, at the moment though I have thanked them for their efforts and told them I am looking at further north, but will keep it in mind. Quite honestly I am beginning to wish I never mentioned the whole bloody thing. It appears that unless some people can camp out on there own lawns, they refuse to go anywhere, some people just want to make waves.
    Now do you see why i was a little harsh earlier? I know where you are coming from having started (but never finished) organising "national" meets in the past. Every time you put a suggestion forward someone has to put the negatives on it, the wole "yes But...." thing really annoys me as its not constructive.

As I said those that want to attend will travel, Steve and i will be there where ever it is

x

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by After_Shock
    With regards to location its probably not viable as you say to get it slap bang in the middle of the country however having it right down south as im sure it will be will put alot of people off, its a 3 hour drive in very light traffic to santa pod from the North East so no idea how long the scottish lot or the people in the north west would have to travel.

Alot of people would probably have no issues getting a few days off work, im not sure about other people but I only get 20days holidays, 2 weeks and a couple of days off for holidays abroad leaves only a few days left which if need to spend time in the house or anything leaves me with days off only to play with which is 2 some weeks and 1 most others so a day to travel down means would be totally knackered by time get home the following night and if its a full weekend job will miss out on the fun on the second night! So location and minimising travelling to around 3 hours would be ideal, maybes just me but others could be in the same boat.
    Who said anything about the south coast? And did I not say the anyone who moans about it being too far north or too far south would have their post deleted!!??

x

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Matt if you had it in gottenburg i would be there mate i honestly dont care were it is as we will travel,I will get a baby sitter for the kids and bring a tent for me and the misses,even if you calculated were the furthest north member was and then the furthest south member was and calculated it so it was exactly in the middle for both somebody would moan,obviously some members are not as enthusiastic or dedicated to this as others are.But were ever you decide mate we will be there

SIGNATURE COURTESY OF STORM TROLL

This user has no status
    Thanks

Tomcats PM box full.

Tomcat, clear your PM box! If you get a chance PM me will ya?

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Made a bit of room.......try again

Scottish bloke
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    This is a joke, Just organise it Matt, if they wanna come they will, if they wanna moan about location then sod 'em...... See ye there, get ma name down...... I can vouch for at least Titch, Bubba, kdst5, craigk and the rest will all make the effort for a big weekend, Were not scared of a bit of travelling

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hey, panic over, I've taken one of my happy pills again. And I might have made a nice new friend too.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    As I said before mate, I'm happy to go anywhere. I think if we can pull this off and organise a weekend event for members from all over the country, it'll be wicked.

If some people kick up a fuss for whatever reason, then don't worry about 'em! There's already been a number of people who have said they'll definately make it regardless of where the meet will be, they are the only people you need to worry about!

If there is anything you think you might need help with, give me a shout, i'm happy to chip in.

Chris.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

This user has no status

Thanks
    Everyone calm down, I wasnt moaning simply just making a statement but sorry for any input.
    04 S40 1.9D 115Bhp Sport
    00 BMW 325i Cabrio
    07 Monaro VXR 500
    03 Porsche Boxster 2.7

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmopp
    Who said anything about the south coast? And did I not say the anyone who moans about it being too far north or too far south would have their post deleted!!??

x
    The south coast was an extreme example and so you did so delete away.
    04 S40 1.9D 115Bhp Sport
    00 BMW 325i Cabrio
    07 Monaro VXR 500
    03 Porsche Boxster 2.7

This user has no status
    Thanks

MODS help needed.

Okeedokey, some progress but for every step forward there's one backward. I have had some contact back from a couple of possible venues, however I keep running into the same old problem. I can't get cast iron info ( pricing,availability etc) unless I can give further details ref date and most importantly numbers. To this end, I require a mod or some clever person to arrange a thread (sticky if possible) that can be accessed by those who are interested, to LIST their interest. Then at some point, I will be able to guesstimate a fairly accurate number who wish to attend. As a target, the date is likely to be the weekend of September 7th or 28th 2007. Again the venue is not decided prior to numbers but Camber Sands, Sussex have already expressed an interest. For all those further OOP north, we are looking to go higher as preference.

So back to the point, can someone with the ability, reply to this post in an effort to get this going.

Thread Information