Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Question sc901 stereo advice

hello folks i have a c70 t5 gt with the sc901 head unit however despite following all the advice in the manual , my centre speaker does not work i believe it to have a dolby reciever because of the model but am i wrong? are there any other causes any advice appreciated

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hi
    Might sound daft, but make sure the program button is on pro logic on the lcd display.
    Mark

This user has no status

Thanks

Wink

cheers but i have tried it in all modes to no avail, i have also turned the (centre) volume control full with no effect but thanks any more guesses

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cable might have got damaged or dropped off pull the unit out and give the connections/cable a good check!

This user has no status

Thanks
    cheers will try that today hope i dont need any special tools!!! am i right in assuming because of the model of my car it will have a dolby receiver ??

This user has no status

Thanks

Unhappy

okey doky i have checked the back of the head unit and everything is as it should be connected properly so once again i have drawn a blank

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Blown speaker ?

This user has no status

Thanks
    I have the same system. (pro-logic) Only just noticed this week, a noise coming from the centre speaker. Took the cover and found that the magnet as come away from the speaker and its, just been rattling round in there. Will have to look to see how much a new one is.

tony

This user has no status

Thanks
    please let me know welshboy what you get quoted for your speaker it looks like that is what i will be needing

This user has no status
    Thanks
    How freaky is that then ... i went and checked mine and the speaker is broken ... the magnet was out of postion, so i went down to the Volvo dealer and they want £155 ............... for a 5" speaker !!! .... id rather chew my own fingers off then pay that, daylight robbery imo ..

The problem is that the speaker has a very low dish, just over 3" and trying to find one with that small a dish is proving difficult .... but no matter how long it take's me to find one i'll still not be paying £155 for one ....out of principle.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by st1t5
    How freaky is that then ... i went and checked mine and the speaker is broken ... the magnet was out of postion, so i went down to the Volvo dealer and they want £155 ............... for a 5" speaker !!! .... id rather chew my own fingers off then pay that, daylight robbery imo ..

The problem is that the speaker has a very low dish, just over 3" and trying to find one with that small a dish is proving difficult .... but no matter how long it take's me to find one i'll still not be paying £155 for one ....out of principle.
    lol.. £155 for one 5" speaker? I mean ive had some experience of component speakers and have seen some for silly money but £155? dynoaudio or somert i think they are.. possibly you could get one from them direct?
    Red C70 T5
    mesh grill
    18" OZ's

Thread Information