Join Today

Thread: Sick and Stuck

This user has no status
    Thanks

Sick and Stuck

Hi all, wondering if anybody can help me?

I have a 94 T5 and have been suffering a few problems over the last few weeks, firstly, boost seems really down, needle only just making the white area on the boost guage and secondly, the car seems to overheat, but only on occasions and not just in traffic or idling but on the road at a steady 30 to 40 mph. Any ideas would really help, thanks. Andy

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by incomunicado
    Hi all, wondering if anybody can help me?

I have a 94 T5 and have been suffering a few problems over the last few weeks, firstly, boost seems really down, needle only just making the white area on the boost guage and secondly, the car seems to overheat, but only on occasions and not just in traffic or idling but on the road at a steady 30 to 40 mph. Any ideas would really help, thanks. Andy

A couple of things - take it to dealer and get codes read. Could be the thermostat, could be the fan, the down on boost could be because of the engine overheating, might be a split air pipe somewhere.

I would say it's possibly two seperate problems. At worst the overheating could be head gasket problem - I had this with my cracked cylinder head.

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Like Andrew said, I'd say primary concern would be the thermostat (stuck closed). You can buy tehm for under a tenner and it takes minutes with the right tools to change out. Try it first and then if she is still misbehaving come back.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Thread Information