Join Today

Thread: 17" V70 Wheels

This user has no status
    Thanks

17" V70 Wheels

They're from the new shape V70 fitted with 225/45/17 tyres.

Do they fit an 850 (and S/V70 classic)?

Sort of. I fitted a set last night. They look pretty damn good and fill the arches quite nicely. The only problem is that they rub at the front when the front wheels are on full lock or if cornering too fast. I reckon they'll also rub at the back if the car is fully loaded thus bottoming out the suspension at the rear.

They look good though so I'm reluctant to get rid of them. I fitted the wheels to one side first so I could compare the look of the original wheels versus the new ones. After looking at the new wheels fitted, the original ones just lok so poxy and small.

Anyone got any idea if I could fit 205/45/17 tyres to these wheels? If a 205 tyre will fit these wheels then the overall width and diameter will remain more or less the same (about 3 - 4mm larger diameter). I would therefore assume that this will eliminate the rubbing issue.

They do look good though. If 205 tyres will fit these larger wheels then I'll price them up with a view to keeping the new wheels. If not, or if it's too expensive to get the tyres then I guess I'll just get my original wheels refurbed and refit them.

Regards

Andy

This user has no status

Thanks
    No. The new rims are 8 inches wide, so the 205 are too narrow. 205 is decent on a 7.5 inch rim (like the older Titans and Volans), and 215 is actually better (what I'm running). But on the new rims? No, you need at least a 225, maybe a 235.

Thread Information