Join Today

Thread: Clutch?

This user has no status
    Thanks

Clutch?

Right just checking here.
    ordered a clutch for my 850 t-5 which i thought was a 1996,reason i say i thought is because my vin number says its a 1997 (or so i have been told).
    its been ordered through partsforvolvosonline. was going to get a clutch for the 850 t-5 which states up to 96,so sent them an email saying is this the right one,they said should be but give them the vin number and they will check,so did that,got a reply saying good job we did check cos its say its a 97 so i need the s/v70 turbo clutch kit which is up to 1997...
    what im asking is is this def the right one,why do i need a s/v70 clutch when mines an 850?
    dont wont to give the car to garage to be done only to find it is the wrong clutch...
    please help??????

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    I'm in the same position- V70 clutch in mine and I'm reliably informed it was fitted if people complained strongly enough about the weight of the 850 one.

Call your local Volvo Parts dept and get them to check which one is listed as being on your car.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    thanks for that mate.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Mazza, dont worry, ive got a '97 v70 t5 and vadis states that i need an N/A clutch. Whats up with that!?! I'll be getting an 'R' clutch once mine is on its knees. Its squeeling like pig now lol.

Thread Information