Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Ru sittin comfortabubbly!

Hey there folks, I'd like some advice please...

If I were to obtain some front seats from either an 850 or P1 V70 would they fit straight into (the V70 items in this respect?) my 1995 850?

Also, would I be able to hook up the leccy adjustment function on the drivers seat? Bearing in mind my seats r heated but I currently have no leccy adj on the drivers seat, is the wiring there already n just need connecting?!? I kinda like the sound of having a fully leccy drivers seat and I have still yet to sort out my passenger seat heated function as well, so may kill multiple birds n'all that...

Thank you very much for your help in advance, it's very much appreciated as always.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I don't think the wiring is there for the seats, and by the looks of it, there's quite a bit of it aswell.
    Vorspung Durch Technik

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5Mark
    I don't think the wiring is there for the seats, and by the looks of it, there's quite a bit of it aswell.
    Cheers 4 that m8.

Just 2 try n clarify then, d'ya mean that the loom is completely missing from the car altogether or the wiring just isn't chased to the interior area where it's needed at the seat? When u say there's quite a bit of it as well I spose that's what u mean, there's loads of extra wiring to add not just a case o digging out existing and pluggin in...no, no no that'd be faaaaar too simple LOL!

Thanx again.

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Usually the wiring will already be in the loom, it will just need the link leads to go from the seats to the loom. That was the case when I was adding in extra electric windows and trip computers on my old car. You'll probably need the seats, the looms and the relays to get them fitted mate.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanx TC. I shall look 2 try n get all the relevant kit (I would imagine main dealer only?) priced up so I can give the seller a definate answer b4 the end o the week. Anythin's possible at the end o the day I spose, just depends how much grief I wanna cause myself eh?

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    God no..... Ring Salvo first, I'll bet they'll have loads lying around.

Good luck mate, let me know how you get on, I fancy fitting lecy seats to mine at some point.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat
    God no..... Ring Salvo first, I'll bet they'll have loads lying around.

Good luck mate, let me know how you get on, I fancy fitting lecy seats to mine at some point.
    Spot on, cheers dude, u may have just saved me n arm n a leg

If in doubt thrash it and see
    what happens
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5SLAVE
    Hey there folks, I'd like some advice please...
    ... I kinda like the sound of having a fully leccy drivers seat and I have still yet to sort out my passenger seat heated function as well, so may kill multiple birds n'all that...
    - took my 96 855t5 in for a main dealer service 6 months back to be told there was a recall affecting heated seats on this model. Got my passenger side adjusted for free and ditto the drivers side which was previously not working at al!! (broken wire - quoted £50 to fix)

Happy with FRF Volvo, Swansea :>)

Thread Information