Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Buying an S60 D5

Hi all, i'm looking at buying a used S60 D5. I have about 10K to spend and wondered if there was anything i should look out for when buying a D5? I suppose a kind of buyers guide?
    Any info would be great thanks.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    To be honest, there's not a lot you need to look out for. 10K will buy you a decent S60 D5 probably on an 03 plate. As long as it doesn't take ages to start, then all should be fine. If it does take ages to start, then it may need a set of injectors, but they may still be covered under extended warranty.

It's probably one of the most reliable Volvos you can buy!

Adam.

This user has no status

Thanks

d5

Adam,
    I am also looking for a S60 D5, but can afford to wait until the new engined ones start to come through. Can you work your magic on this particular engine, or is it pretty much tuned up to get to the 185 bhp.

Regards.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pliskin
    Adam,
    I am also looking for a S60 D5, but can afford to wait until the new engined ones start to come through. Can you work your magic on this particular engine, or is it pretty much tuned up to get to the 185 bhp.

Regards.
    We can tune all the diesels, no problem. D5 163, D5 185, 2.0D, 1.6D, 2.5 TDi etc etc. All of them can be done.

Adam.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cheers for that, yeh like you adam i'd like to wait for the 185, we'll see how quickly they start coming through at reasonable money?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1
    Cheers for that, yeh like you adam i'd like to wait for the 185, we'll see how quickly they start coming through at reasonable money?
    id wait aswell because the 163 misters got a gear missing and its on the redline at 135mph
    PHASE 2 S40 T4
    S60 D5 :
    2002 S60 2.4T
    OCTAVIA VRS
    2006 S40 SPORT SE

This user has no status

Thanks
    Second Gathy, if only it had gear number 6 it would be a cracking car...

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiken
    Second Gathy, if only it had gear number 6 it would be a cracking car...
    Yeh its a bit annoying when you get overtaken by a less powerful mondeo tdci 6sp at the top of the board

must admit though dervs are catching up and if i could stand been in a derv id buy another d5 but a 6sp one
    PHASE 2 S40 T4
    S60 D5 :
    2002 S60 2.4T
    OCTAVIA VRS
    2006 S40 SPORT SE

This user has no status

Thanks
    Its even more annoying on the German autobahn and realising that 135 is really as fast as your gonna get, wishing you never parted with the T5 RICA, wishing only for a 6 gear. Mind you, if it had 6sp it would definately fly, since the car feels like its got loads of power left.

Still, nice car for sure on motorway, lots of toys in mine (everything but family pack) so wont be giving it up for a petrol sucking t5 for a while. Just my opinion though...

My advice, if its a D5, try to wait for the 6sp.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiken
    Its even more annoying on the German autobahn and realising that 135 is really as fast as your gonna get, wishing you never parted with the T5 RICA, wishing only for a 6 gear. Mind you, if it had 6sp it would definately fly, since the car feels like its got loads of power left.

Still, nice car for sure on motorway, lots of toys in mine (everything but family pack) so wont be giving it up for a petrol sucking t5 for a while. Just my opinion though...

My advice, if its a D5, try to wait for the 6sp.
    i was thinking of the weekly coast run at 135, if i was to going to germany i wouldnt set off unless my car did 155 at least lmao,mind you it will make a change from 180 to the coast on the gsxr1000 he hee
    im gonna get banned dohh
    PHASE 2 S40 T4
    S60 D5 :
    2002 S60 2.4T
    OCTAVIA VRS
    2006 S40 SPORT SE

Thread Information