Join Today
    Casual poster 15 years on!
    Thanks

Question Interesting video. David v Goliath

My TWITTER username

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I think it keeps up quite well until the last straight. I assume the Bugatti was just playing with him

Thanks
    I have watched it a couple of times now.

Looking at the facts, I would say the Elise is being driven well and about as quickly as it can go. Certainly 95% of the cars potential. We know that much.

On a couple of occasions you can just hear the Buggati - giving it large out of the corners. Now Gordon Murray commented on the Buggati's real world abilities - comparing it to his own engineering masterpiece, the McLaren F1. He suggested that in the event of travelling at 50mph [I think] and you had 3/4 cars to pass - the buggati would hold 4th and be past before the turbo's begin to pick up in the Buggati. So that was aimed at the mid range performance.

So using that bit of information and taking into consideration that someone who is $1'000,000.00 lighter is likely to give a car up to about 70% of its potential on the track.

So, IMO I would say that the driver of the Buggati was driving it within his comfort zone. The Elise is one hell of a track day tool, the Buggati is still a 1.8 tonne AWD 8 litre W16 !
    My TWITTER username

This user has no status
    Thanks

david v goliath

i would say that the ellise was at the max and the veyron was frightened to death..but so would i be driving that car worth that sort of money....

This user has no status
    Eastbourne, East Sussex (home) and Southampton (uni)
    Thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fdb8FdXfPU
    thought it was fake at first. Thought while we were on the bugatti topic!

1995 854 T5 (upsoloute ecu, koni's etc) sold
    1995 855 T5 (rica 304 and lots of other bits) sold
    1994 Subaru Impreza WRX STi v1
    1995 Clio 1.8 RSi (hoping to swap for a t5 at some point)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    I have watched it a couple of times now.

Looking at the facts, I would say the Elise is being driven well and about as quickly as it can go. Certainly 95% of the cars potential. We know that much.

On a couple of occasions you can just hear the Buggati - giving it large out of the corners. Now Gordon Murray commented on the Buggati's real world abilities - comparing it to his own engineering masterpiece, the McLaren F1. He suggested that in the event of travelling at 50mph [I think] and you had 3/4 cars to pass - the buggati would hold 4th and be past before the turbo's begin to pick up in the Buggati. So that was aimed at the mid range performance.

So using that bit of information and taking into consideration that someone who is $1'000,000.00 lighter is likely to give a car up to about 70% of its potential on the track.

So, IMO I would say that the driver of the Buggati was driving it within his comfort zone. The Elise is one hell of a track day tool, the Buggati is still a 1.8 tonne AWD 8 litre W16 !
    I think mister Murry was reffering to lag rather than a lack of midrange 4th at 50mph is very much low end!Why would you be in 4th at 50mph trying to overtake cars,unless you could'nt drive,give it 1st then see what the midrange is like!!I think the driver was just taking it very easy and playing with the elise,as they Veyron has been refered to as an elise with 1000bhp.

Thanks
    I was saying the F1 could overtake quicker in 4th than the Bugatti could in ANY gear. But i will double check for exact quotes.
    My TWITTER username

arbee
    This user has no status
    power aint so big a deal through the twisties is it! tho the way it pulls away on a longer straight is phenomenal!

Thread Information