Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

geartronic limits

hello everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post this question but here it goes. is there anyone in this forum driving an S60 T5 (2001-2004) with a geartronic tranny and over 280 horsepower at the crank ?

my superchip upgrade is "supposed to be" around 280 hp with around 14,5 - 15 psi boost. i was hoping to increase boost to lets say 19 psi on the stock turbo for another 15-20hp hopefully.... but i was told by the superchip dealer in istanbul that if the boost is increased further in these cars, the geartronic box has difficulty holding that power and heats up too much, and that his former customers have had a lot of problems in similar situations. what do you think? i don't want to believe that a geartronic T5 can't be tuned above 280 or even 300bhp...

please help me.

cheers.
    Serdar
    2001 S60 T5 GearTronic - JR filter - 3" downpipe - no cat - custom superchip @ 17.5 psi

This user has no status

Thanks
    I have an 02 plate S60 T5 which has been Rica'd to 304bhp running a stock geartronic transmission. Personally, I have not had any problems with it. Can't speak for anyone else though.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cbhatt
    I have an 02 plate S60 T5 which has been Rica'd to 304bhp running a stock geartronic transmission. Personally, I have not had any problems with it. Can't speak for anyone else though.
    thanks mate. that's nice to hear!
    by the way, it's a 304bhp at the crank right.. but how about whp?..
    did you have a chance to see how much power are we losing over the drivetrain? because of the geartronic, i'm guessing our loss would be bigger than a manual?
    Serdar
    2001 S60 T5 GearTronic - JR filter - 3" downpipe - no cat - custom superchip @ 17.5 psi

This user has no status
    Thanks
    had my s60 t5 geartronic rica tuned in 2004, 238 bhp at wheels, have had no problems with gearbox handling power.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians60
    had my s60 t5 geartronic rica tuned in 2004, 238 bhp at wheels, have had no problems with gearbox handling power.
    thnx a lot
    well... then it seems that, as i suspected before, either the superchips dealer in istanbul is lying to me in order to avoid the extra work and risk; or, the superchips program is no good above a 15 psi boost anyway... i'll find out... from the comments i've read in this forum about superchips, i'm guessing it could be both.
    ( btw, if you also have the rica 304 pack, then it looks like we're losing around 22% over the drivetrain )
    cheers,
    Serdar

Thread Information