Join Today
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Casual poster 15 years on!
    Thanks

Post How to Clean your car (properly)

Whilst reading a few posts on the scooby.net, i came across a chap who has is own valeting business. He had posted a thread with before, during and after pictures and explanations on how to get a car minted to the MAX !

So. I thought i would pass his information around. So far i have used a couple of the products recomended by this chap and the results are fantastic. All i need now is a £1000 credit account

How to wash your car

How to clean your paint in preperation for polish

How to apply your wax

In between maintainence

Interior Clean

Wheel Cleaning

Engine bay cleaning

Some very pretty pictures !

Leon Cupra

Range Rover Sport - before pic

Range Rover Sport - After

Range Rover Sport Wing - before

Range Rover Sport Wing - after

Civic Type R - before

Civic Type R - before

Civic Type R - after

Civic Type R - after
    My TWITTER username

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Murphy For This Useful Post:

Cantankerous One (Friday 26th December 2014)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Excellent info, but slightly scared at how much some of those products cost!
    Martin

2 strokes, 10 horse power and 8,000 miles. Read my story.
    Mongol by Minsk 2007: www.mongolbyminsk.com

Need to sell the car swimbo
    says so
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pzorb
    Excellent info, but slightly scared at how much some of those products cost!
    Like wise although i may well give some of them a try

Cheers
    Stuart

P2 V70 T5 in explod white running 17 " orpheus alloys , full leather interior , HU 803 with prologic amp

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Check the cost of this glaze / wax...tis on the Zymol site, their most expensive wax is £7118 a pot, yes that is seven thousand one hundred and eighteen pounds......mind you you get a free refill for life if i am reading it correctly

http://www.zdouk.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=11

Remember seing this on Fifth Gear with the detailer chap who charges up to a couple off grand for his full detail which takes place over a week as he leaves the waxes to dry for up to a few hours between coats etc.....

His site is

http://www.miracledetail.co.uk/auto-detailing-home.html

Starting price £500......

Cars Look V shiney...

Adrian.

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Erm I just get Hamish to do it for me! or little bear when he is not busy - how lazy am I!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yes im waiting for my little one to get old enough to do mine........
    Standard V70 T5

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I have bought some Clay bar and a second bucket. I also invested in a microfibre polishing mit.

Makes a difference to the soapy water you put onto the car - noticed it doesnt get so grimy - so that must be a good thing. Takes a bit of remembring to rinse out the lambswool every couple of wipes.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

barberecpw
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by adriancole
    Check the cost of this glaze / wax...tis on the Zymol site, their most expensive wax is £7118 a pot, yes that is seven thousand one hundred and eighteen pounds......mind you you get a free refill for life if i am reading it correctly

http://www.zdouk.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=11

Remember seing this on Fifth Gear with the detailer chap who charges up to a couple off grand for his full detail which takes place over a week as he leaves the waxes to dry for up to a few hours between coats etc.....

His site is

http://www.miracledetail.co.uk/auto-detailing-home.html

Starting price £500......

Cars Look V shiney...

Adrian.

Yeah, that really expensive wax...i heard that you can eat the wax its so pure. (assuming this is the stuff) its true!, there is a car wax that can be eaten if you be so inclined. I saw it on telly not to long ago.

yum.

arbee
    This user has no status
    some good links there, i used to be a bit of a clean freak when i did the shows with my last cars, trouble is the Gul has so many little imperfections it doesnt motivate you so much...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Mine too, has lots of little imperfections, though apparently some detailers can get all these out with a bit of buffing!!...been quoted £250 to make my black V70 shine like new adn take all the imperfections out...whether it will work is another matter....
    Standard V70 T5

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    i washed my c70 today, using a little idea i never thought of before (honestly), the 2 bucket method. i read this thread with interest, as i have allways been a power wash at work kind of person (well its free and easy lol) but now i have the c70, i thought i would try a bit harder.

on the back of this thread alone, i went out and bought 2 new buckets, a bottle of Autoglym bodywork shampoo, and a bottle of Autoglym polish, a lambswool mitt, and a polish mit, and also got hold of a good supply of valeter cloths from work, along with some other little nice things too (interior clean, glass cleaner, wheel acid, new magic tree etc)

spent a couple of hours giving the car a really good wash and dry, and even though i only washed it 2 days ago and weather has been great, i couldnt believe the difference it made. didnt have time to polish it as it was getting dark. im away for the weekend at rockingham, but on monday i am off work, so will be out there again giving it the full works, including the polish this time, and i think i will convince myself to give the car a good clay bar treatment before i polish it too.... better read up on that though, its all new to me.

3 washes in less than a week, just because of this thread.... a new me is born! lol

cant beat the satisfaction of a good clean car though, fair play.
    If VOLVO is Your Drug, I am Your Dealer!

FRF FEEDBACK (click here)

Click Here for Info on FRF Motors...

<FOR QUOTES PLEASE CALL 01792 790066 / 01792 784272>

(Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

PLEASE QUOTE DISCOUNT CODE: "C3" FOR OUR BEST DISCOUNTED PRICES!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yes, id love to do mine too at the moment though currently off games due to breaking collar bone and ribs, so cannot lift or do anthing like polishing or buffing...am just looking at the my car getting very dirty.....

Those detailers sites are quite inspiring so i cannot wait to get out the cloths and clay...
    Standard V70 T5

arbee
    This user has no status
    Anyone have any idea if t cut will be too abrasive with a polishing machine? Do i need a milder cutting agent?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yes i read that it is one of the more abrasive ones, there are other ones which contain less abrasives and do the same thing....though cannot remember where i saw that....

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/

it was here, read somewhere, there are lots of how toos as well, esp on machine polishing
    Standard V70 T5

Thanks
    I am pleased you got something out of it Rufe. You should take some before and after pics on monday and get them up

Andy
    My TWITTER username

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Gonna take mine right back over the next couple of days - Wash it, clay it and polish it. Have a freedom test drive to attend on Sunday and hopefully mine will outshine the new cars?
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair

arbee
    This user has no status
    yeah i hope to do mine too aswell, the paint is quite flat, tho it may be a characteristic of the colour to some extent. Gonna give it a polish/'cut' and those links above are swaying me to buy a machine (if even a relative cheapy) to get the best out of it. I've seen cars after a mop and it does make a massive difference!

Thanks
    I wouldn't bother with a buffer. If you just get some clay bar, and work that body until it is like silk. Then use a 'body scrub' to ensure any tiny fragments are removed, then apply your polish
    My TWITTER username

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Gonna get a touch up pen too for the little chips/marks around the door frame
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair

arbee
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    I wouldn't bother with a buffer. If you just get some clay bar, and work that body until it is like silk. Then use a 'body scrub' to ensure any tiny fragments are removed, then apply your polish
    I originally saw those things as 'buffers' but that term is misleading - the usefulness of the machine is to do the actual polishing part, ie removing the dull paint, the buffing part, ie removing the residue can be best done by hand as not too much effort is involved. Unless the car paint is particularly dirty with tar etc i cannot see the point of claying if you intend on polishing straight afterwards.

Wobbly, already got a 250mm tin of cellulose 'gul' to touch it - thats my intention too

Thread Information