Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Smile South Wales Meet ???

ok, i havent been to any past meets on here (mainly as i didnt own a volvo until last week lol) but as there are a few members in the south wales area, anyone fancy a get together one sunday afternoon.

i cant do it for a few weeks myself, (french car show/modified nationals/performance vauxhall show/misses birthday weekend) but say late june/early july perhaps?

just thinking of having a meet up and having a chat in a services car park (the traditional club meet lol), meet some other members, take some photos of the cars, have a burger king, show off your mods, and rush home to post up about how great the day was lol.

anyone else up for that, would be good to meet some members?

(im not sure of the exact geography of the members here, but perhaps we could make it close to the border, so others from the south west area could visit too, i dont mind travelling a little bit)
    If VOLVO is Your Drug, I am Your Dealer!

FRF FEEDBACK (click here)

Click Here for Info on FRF Motors...

<FOR QUOTES PLEASE CALL 01792 790066 / 01792 784272>

(Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

PLEASE QUOTE DISCOUNT CODE: "C3" FOR OUR BEST DISCOUNTED PRICES!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Im up for that!!! We could do Newport, Brsitol or Gloucester etc. Take a look at the googlemap rufe, send everyone close a pm.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I might be persuaded to pop along!

This user has no status

Thanks
    If we go to gloucester i know of a go-kart centre where we can have a legal race

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    good good. keep those ideas coming

google map is not working for me by the way?

(Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingt5
    I might be persuaded to pop along!
    And Rich can pick me and Steve up!

x

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    tidy

(Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufe
    tidy
    ...init,see. I'd be up for some Tonna tuning action, too, dont y'know.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Moppy i will pick you and Steve up anytime you just have to ask

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    I shall be in S Wales this weekend but got no free time for a meet, what time do the pub shut lol....

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeast
    Im up for that!!! We could do Newport, Brsitol or Gloucester etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeast
    If we go to gloucester i know of a go-kart centre where we can have a legal race

i just read back through this thread and noticed a pretty obvious mistake there my friend

south wales meet....... hmmm, i think a south wales member meet should be in south wales, lmao

whatever though, i am still up for it, shall we set a date yet or what, then work around that date? should be a sunday (most people are off work then - though you cant please everyone), and preferably for me, late june, early july.

(Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Be a good chance to meet you all.

If you fancy some scenery and a nice quiet stretch of motorway the bit between magor and chepstow is usualy deserted.

Let me know when you decide.
    ________
    affair Cams
    Last edited by jim; Sunday 17th April 2011 at 04:04.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufe
    i just read back through this thread and noticed a pretty obvious mistake there my friend

south wales meet....... hmmm, i think a south wales member meet should be in south wales, lmao

whatever though, i am still up for it, shall we set a date yet or what, then work around that date? should be a sunday (most people are off work then - though you cant please everyone), and preferably for me, late june, early july.
    LOL Good point there Simon, only reason why i said most of those places is that it will attract more members from the surrounding areas. But Cardiff or Newport sound good too.

Well, late June we either have the 18th or 25th, or early July we have the 2nd or 9th, all are Sundays.

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well Rufe i'm sorry but i have to say most T5 members are prepared to travel a bit, like Stevy babes, i'm disapointed u havn't supported a meet before, wether u drove a Volvo or not is not the point....if we al thought that way there would be no meets.

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    what do you mean your dissapointed i havent supported a meet before?

as you will see from my first post, this thread was started inititally as an idea for south wales members to meet up, in the same way i have seen other regions have done... i dont mind travelling to a meet, but thought a south wales area meet (in south wales) would perhaps encourage more of the local members to attend. if T5 owners dont mind travelling to a meet, whats stopping them travelling to south wales then?

im not a stranger to putting a few hundred miles on for a club meet, as i have proved many times in the past for other clubs i have been involved with, but now i own a volvo, i would like to go to a members meet on here.

like i said, i believe a south wales meet should be in south wales, even if that means me travelling for an hour or so. i never once said i wanted it on my doorstep but after seeing other areas post about meets, i thought a meet in south wales would be a good idea.

i admit that i havent really taken that much notice in the meet up section on here before i owned a volvo, as i was an active member of the vectra owners club, where i regularly attended their club meets, the last one was a week ago, when i went in the volvo, but i travelled all over to the meets on there, and that takes time and money, both of which can be a problem. for me to go to club meets for all the sites i post on would see me in financial trouble very quickly.

im not new to club meets, but as i am new to owning a volvo, nows the time for me to attend the volvo owners meets i thought. me not turning up to this clubs meets was never a reflection of how committed i was to this site, regardless what you feel. this is the only volvo site i use, and would like to attend a meet to get to know other members, as i have done in the past with my other sites.

perhaps i have missed something here, and there are club area reps who i should have approached first before posting this thread, which i do not know about, forgive me if that is so, i dont want to step on anyones feet. quite the opposite in fact.

(Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    and to clear up, after reading it back, there is no attitude intended from my post to you TDS, i was just making my point clear.
    Last edited by Rufe; Monday 29th May 2006 at 22:06.

(Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

This user has no status

Thanks
    There hasnt been a Wales or South Wales area meet co-ordinator yet been asigned. I put my name forward for the SW area, but never heard anything back. You sound hell of a lot more experienced than I in sorting meets out etc, so id suggest that you put your name forward for it as well.

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    The only reason i commented is as i have just returned from Cardiff i noticed how reasonably close Newport, Bristol, even Gloucester is to Swansea etc, although it is i guess maybe 100miles to Gloucester for you it's not unreasonable to suggest like Steven did to call it a SW meet and extend it a bit. Anyway no offence meant or taken, i personally don't mind a bit of a drive just to flex the cars legs, but i realise every one has their own cirumstances.

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    point taken and i hear where you are coming from, it was the suggestion that i dont do travelling. that is simply not the case, and as for being dissapointed that i havent been to meets on here, well, that was never a deliberate thing, ive just never really taken any notice in the meets section before now.

actually, i did go along to Stratford last month, with Spesh, as he had told me there would be a lot of people off here going, but when i got there, i didnt see anyone from here, though i did recognise one or two cars while they were on the strip itself. (this meet here...)

also, this weekend alone i did a 500 mile round trip for a club get together, and this weekend coming up sees me doing another 450 or so mile round trip for yet another club trip. last weekend was a bit closer to home with a cardiff meet, and the weekend before that i was at newcastle where i was picking the car up. travelling itself is not a problem for me one bit, providing time and money are available, which i usually do my best to work around one way or the other anyhow. i also think i'm lucky in the fact my misses is also keen to get along to these meets and events, and unless she has to work (as she does on some sundays) she is allways with me.

if it means more people will be there, then by all means lets do that and change it to somewhere else - but providing that its not called a south wales meet. perhaps the title of this thread should be changed, or even a new thread started, as it could be misleading to members from south wales looking at this thread, expecting it to be a local meet to them, when it is then in not just another area, but in another country lol. (passports at the ready boys)

anyway, hope something is sorted out for the better, i would like to meet up with members off here. i have met steve when he came in to see me for some volvo goodies before now, and i know spesh very well, but apart from that, thats about it so far.
    Last edited by Rufe; Monday 29th May 2006 at 23:38.

(Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)

Suspended
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    As you may notice if you peruse some other threads in the meet up section there is a distinct lack of interest - speaking as some one who has organised 3 or 4 sucessful meets, and tried to organise at least 6 others to no avail it does get frustrating, especially as i've seen statements on here ridiculing other car clubs/organisations, such as RS Owners clubs who altho are now in their 25th year are absolute light years in front of most other major car manufacturers owners clubs. I hope you get a local group of lads more interested.

Thread Information