Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Al115
    I just got some IPD bars myself, haven't fitted them yet but they get great reviews. Beware the shipping and customs costs, they can double the cost of the bar kit! Best find a way around them if you can
    If your car came as standard without a rear arb, go and fit just the rear one first and take it for a good drive, depending how the rest of your suspension is set up turn in should be much better without any understeer. If theres too much oversteer fit the front, if you like it like that then leave the standard one on in the front.

If in doubt thrash it and see
    what happens
    Thanks
    Lateral movement of the bar will be totall irrelevant to the handling - lateral movement of the suspension is resisted by the TCA bushings - hence the QBM buy where we are all getting new ones (rght?) The only force on the sway bar, is a reaction to the forces applied by the rod ends on the drop links. These only transmit forcing along the line of the link which is nearly vertical. Lateral shift of the sway bar is a "kipper rouge".
    W:>)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    like i said, ill be put right by someone who knows.
    96 black 854 T5 cd auto. (running great)
    irrid plugs, FSE fuel press reg, K+N panel,
    MBC @13psi, strut brace, clear side repeaters,
    black grille, de-badged other than T5,
    well hung pilot :-)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Count me out of the group buy. We booked a holiday to Brazil at the weekend and I am now skint

Be interested to know from anyone who has got them how it goes and weather they are worth the money.

Cheers
    1995 850 T5, Auto

MODS
    17" tethys
    BSR Induction kit
    Reverse IC
    Strutt brace
    Poly topmount
    Poly LCA bushes
    302mm Brake conversion
    Braided hoses

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Just purchased IPD ARB, not fitted yet, but i havent lowered car, and its made me wonder am i gonna notice any difference?, its an 850 AWD and sits suprisingly high on new springs and shocks, been advized against lowering, and it is handy having clearance at times, wish i could afford hydraulic's but i guess that would just be loads more weight. nivomats on back bilstien b4 on front, standard genuine's springs all round. and she seems higher on front than back. my current ARB bushes are perished, so im hoping for a noticeable improvement.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The ARB's will not dissapoint, they will transform your handling very nicely, however if you have not had any other items done such as poly bush control arms, then the bars might have more wear on the standard bushes.

When I had my 1998 V70 T5 I polyed my front control arms and top engine mount and that felt very nice and tight alone, add that to the list to compliment the ARB's in the future, a nice little upgrade it will turn into.

IPD ARB KIT I love it. I fitted it to my S60 and its not harsh what so ever, the 4C system still feels good. It just reduces your body roll.

Good luck with the install.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    cheer's Roy

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi Doc! I have to say that I expected little difference on the front and I didn't expect to find a stock ARB on the rear, so that too meant I might not otherwise have deemed these a worwhile mod for the money, but I have to say these are worth every penny. The difference is phenominal. This is my 3rd volvo T5 and I've always considered them one of the worst handling cars I've driven.

I'd been considering uprated suspension options prior to buying these IPD ARB's and had bid on some coilovers and almost bought some FSK's, but after drving with these IPD's the cornering is so flat and the grip the car now has as a result has transformed the handling to such an extent that i think I need not bother uprating the suspension now. They are not cheap and I almost followed suit with most in only buying the rear, but as i've already stated the pair are worth every penny as no other mod could achieve this kind of stability.

Fitting I did myself on my drive way and it was a real ball-ache! The rear was a struggle but the front even worse. Mines a P1 and I did have to drop the back of the subframe and there are some brackets in the way too which you have to blindly undo (not fun in a confined space on the drive) so these had a lot to deliver after all the cursing i did fitting em. Indeed worth it though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nico20V For This Useful Post:

Mental Wealth Doctor (Thursday 17th December 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Just waiting for my mate to finish doing his clutch on his 460, {which igotta say is mint for L reg} an im gonna have a look at these roll bars.

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    QBM endlinks are quite frankly shockingly badly made IMHO. I imported a set - and within 6 months they were dead.

I have ARB from IPD front and back and the HD IPD Endlinks. I am very happy with them. Just be care of the brake line clearance on the rears.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status

Thanks
    By IPD endlinks, I take it you mean drop links? I recall some debate on here recently about them as people were struggling to source. I was guna get hold of a set too but my scamtech havn't given up yet (I fitted them same time as ARB though - so only recently).

Meantime I've put in for MOT and been told rubber mounts on both wishbones have deteriorated excessively, which i guess means the bushes are shot. Doubly annoying since they too were only fitted this year. Gargage did one so I might have warranty there, but I fitted other from Scamtech so doubt I've got any come back on that one.

Main concern now is - if I've gone through wishbones in under a year and one at least was genuine volvo, ARB's could be exacting a heavy cost to replace suspension arms annually!!

Thread Information