Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Unhappy Exhaust system question

Hi Guys! Just have a question bout me chuffer pipe ! ow meny boxes shud a hav on mee 2.5 20v glt . Lookin at sum guides it luks like av got a T5 pipe on . As it only has a git wasss box in the middle of the motor an nothin at the bak !! No bakbox just a shiney tail pipe !!

Wot shud a hav ?

Cud it nak up me performance and economy an stuff?

REGARDS ANDY - SUNDERLAND
    NO USE GOIN IF YOU CAN'T GET !!!!

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Again in English

Just Kiddin. The 850 cat back system has but one huge box in the middle and a tip about a foot long usually with a chromy bit on the end. Some are square and some oval. The system is 2.5" in diameter. Unless you plan to increase the flow rate by adding a bigger turbo then the stock system does not present a restriction in power, as far as I know. My TME cat back is the same diameter but has a smaller cylindrical silencer further back. I added it to beef up the exhaust tone. You can have 3" systems made up but I have heard that there are problems with it rattling against stuff when the warm up - because of the restrictions in space. I did the change for two reasons
    Aethestics (noise and tip is a bit beefier) and it was 2nd hand and going cheap. The stock system never rusts, apart from the rear most hangers.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Thread Information