Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

DMF will begin rattling and have to be changed at...

DMF will begin rattling and have to be changed at some point, the intercooler will burst somewhere in the 80-100k region, and the front engine mount (the one that is pressurized by boost) will also...
  2. Replies
    Views

Are you sure it is the valve stem seals? ...

Are you sure it is the valve stem seals?

Personnally I have never known a white block to need replacement seals, even at very high mileages...

I would be looking more towards a blocked PCV or...
  3. Replies
    Views

Burst hose or intercooler, or split recirc...

Burst hose or intercooler, or split recirc diaphragm i would say.
  4. Replies
    Views

Tends not to be the outright hp that kills the...

Tends not to be the outright hp that kills the autoboxes, (assuming regualarly changed fluid, and uprated cooler) but the torque in the lower range, and your driving style.

Asking the box to...
  5. Replies
    Views

This is the 'electronic' plastic key yes??? It...

This is the 'electronic' plastic key yes???

It sounds like a trip to the dealer, sorry!
  6. Replies
    Views

Not very tricky really- the hardest part is...

Not very tricky really- the hardest part is persuading the quick-connect fitting off at the rad cooler!

If you have a local good garage, they should be totally able to do the flush if you explain...
  7. Replies
    Views

That is more down to the immobilizer...

That is more down to the immobilizer...
  8. Replies
    Views

Well, for a diesel, cranking speed is no.1...

Well, for a diesel, cranking speed is no.1 priority. Either your battery is getting weak, or the starter lazy if she is sluggish to spin. Perhaps even a corroded connection. Check all of these first....
  9. Replies
    Views

Also to say, glad you and family are okay, which...

Also to say, glad you and family are okay, which is all that matters really.

I daresay, despite the pretty severe damage to the floor pan, that all the doors opened as normal when you needed them...
  10. Replies
    Views

Great to see the modding / enhancements, and your...

Great to see the modding / enhancements, and your experiences with the S60..
  11. Thread: Air con....

by timbo_1975
    Replies
    Views

20-25% is abit high! Try 10% on a healthy system....

20-25% is abit high! Try 10% on a healthy system. The LP switch will cut the system out when the charge gets down to about 30% 'full'.
  12. Replies
    Views

To my eyes, the stance now (30mm less) looks like...

To my eyes, the stance now (30mm less) looks like how the V70 should look from the showroom!
  13. Replies
    Views

Crank or cam sensor breaking down when hot I...

Crank or cam sensor breaking down when hot I would think... Or fuel pump relay.

Buy a can of freeze spray from maplin and shoot it at the crank/cam sensor when it next cuts out. If it re-starts...
  14. Replies
    Views

Either the fan isnt working on low speed, or the...

Either the fan isnt working on low speed, or the thermostat is lazy and stuck half shut...
  15. Replies
    Views

Yes.

Yes.
  16. Replies
    Views

Also check the voltage from the TPS under...

Also check the voltage from the TPS under different openings... Should be about 0.9v closed rising smoothly to about 4.5v WOT.

If the ECU isnt seeing the throttle fully open, then it wont give...
  17. Thread: Rica 310

by timbo_1975
    Replies
    Views

If it is quite an aggressive yet random splutter,...

If it is quite an aggressive yet random splutter, then i would definately be going for plugs, plug gaps (close them up 1/10th mm) and try again, rotor arm, leads etc.

The extra boost is finding a...
  18. Replies
    Views

Don;t worry too much. They are not bad at all to...

Don;t worry too much. They are not bad at all to do. Mostly a nut and bolt job, abit fiddley to remove the hoses in the engine bay bulk head. Keep washing your hands so you dont get grubby paw prints...
  19. Replies
    Views

From what I can see, with the 805 amplified...

From what I can see, with the 805 amplified system (and/or dolby) you need the 06-920B SOT lead, which alas is £78 or so.

See here: http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_kit_installation_leads/volvo.htm
  20. Replies
    Views

Don't run the stock turbo over about 1.2-1.3 bar-...

Don't run the stock turbo over about 1.2-1.3 bar- the compressor is too small (which is why people upgrade to a 18, or 19t) and all it serves to do is provide hot air and spin its guts out - aside...
  21. Replies
    Views

What injectors is the car running? Standard, or...

What injectors is the car running? Standard, or larger? May be a mis-match between ecu and injectors???

The ecu would probably be able to compensate at idle via the o2 sensor within its +/-10%...
  22. Replies
    Views

I would agree, at the time of incarnation, the...

I would agree, at the time of incarnation, the design had not allowed for an open deck for good cooling, and neither was it possible for general use due to the abilities of casting such a thing at...
  23. Replies
    Views

You definately have a very weak spot somewhere if...

You definately have a very weak spot somewhere if you need 0.6mm gap and still getting a misfire.

What age are the cap and rotor arm??
  24. Replies
    Views

What plug gaps are you running? Anything upto...

What plug gaps are you running? Anything upto 0.9mm with the MSD coil should be ok with the volvo leads- i would guess the rotor arm and cap would be the weak link in the chain though.

Change the...
  25. Thread: Thermostat

by timbo_1975
    Replies
    Views

Bloody bargain I would say! About time afew of...

Bloody bargain I would say!

About time afew of the other Volvo dealers started taking note on what is customer service, interest in their own product, knowledge of their own product, and an actual...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready