Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Ideally you'll want the aux belt tensioner tool...

Ideally you'll want the aux belt tensioner tool to relieve the tension on the aux belt - this is a square profile male end on a long bar...
  2. Replies
    Views

When I bought my S70 T5 it also had an engine rpm...

When I bought my S70 T5 it also had an engine rpm related howl which took ages to track down. It turned out to be the aux belt tensioner on my car. It spun ok but seemed very stiff to tension so I...
  3. Replies
    Views

I've been using the S70 as the daily driver for a...

I've been using the S70 as the daily driver for a week or so now, and while a few more issues have popped up, its turning into a lovely car - very smooth and compliant ride, but still steers very...
  4. Replies
    Views

I haven't updated this in a while, but a lot has...

I haven't updated this in a while, but a lot has happened :)

I had a long think about the engine, and concluded that if the compressions were still good, then the valves can't be bent - the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Well the tool arrived at 16:00 yesterday... and...

Well the tool arrived at 16:00 yesterday... and then I had an issue at work so I ended up working late :(

I'm also on extended hours today and tomorrow to cover Clearing (I'm in IT in a...
  6. Replies
    Views

Had a text saying the camshaft timing tool will...

Had a text saying the camshaft timing tool will be delivered today, so I'll get it timed up properly tonight and we'll take it from there. Fingers, toes, eyes etc crossed... !
  7. I've ordered a pair of Febi 3903 mounts - green...

I've ordered a pair of Febi 3903 mounts - green flashes. That is what the Febi website indicated, so fingers crossed! I'll know if they're the right ones in a week or two when I eventually get around...
  8. Replies
    Views

You can prob pick up an old Blaupunkt DAB for...

You can prob pick up an old Blaupunkt DAB for that - but you'll need to fit a trailing connector to the rear of the headunit as we have done as there isn't a front usb connector. Can't fault the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Out of curiosity I checked it in the daylight -...

Out of curiosity I checked it in the daylight - they're not yellowy at all, def a pale IKEA type wood lol
  10. Replies
    Views

cough cough.. don't want to intrude but I'm...

cough cough.. don't want to intrude but I'm selling my fully working 901 with dolby processor, wiring loom and centre speaker, plus throwing in a spare 900 of unknown condition? Oh, I'll also include...
  11. Replies
    Views

Might just be the lighting in the pics?

Might just be the lighting in the pics?
  12. Replies
    Views

Still menacing the M1 :B_thumb: Not done a...

Still menacing the M1 :B_thumb:

Not done a great deal to it since really, simply because I've been short of time - and dosh (I've had a £4k pay cut - thanks for that). I've installed a Blaupunkt...
  13. Replies
    Views

36psi all round on my V70R AWD. Seems OK and the...

36psi all round on my V70R AWD. Seems OK and the tread appears to be wearing evenly which must be the bitter test? Keep an eye on the wear - if its wearing more on both outer edges than the central...
  14. Me too, I love the way this car has come on....

Me too, I love the way this car has come on. Didn't like the sill guards at all, but since they've come off the car gets better and better. Great job Dave.
  15. Replies
    Views

Thats a bummer TC, always hate it when that...

Thats a bummer TC, always hate it when that happens. On the upside the manifold look great!
  16. Paintwork looks smart Dave! Quite a...

Paintwork looks smart Dave! Quite a transformation. Still can't get over how clean your engine bay is.

You'd have a dizzy fit if you say mine - got an oil leak from either the dipstick tube or...
  17. Replies
    Views

Yep, I'd try PFV or FRF

Yep, I'd try PFV or FRF
  18. There are three separate pumps, all are...

There are three separate pumps, all are replaceable individually. I'd try putting 12v to the rear washer motor to check that it is actually faulty - if the motor works then the problem may be the...
  19. Replies
    Views

Had the odd hour or so this weekend, so removed...

Had the odd hour or so this weekend, so removed the trip computer INFO switch and cleaned up the contacts etc as described here http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22188...
  20. Replies
    Views

I'm a big fan of NightBreaker Plus/Unlimited...

I'm a big fan of NightBreaker Plus/Unlimited bulbs - great brightness and decent life too. The Plus seem to last longer mind you - never had one of those blow, but the Unlimited seem to last 18...
  21. Replies
    Views

I'm very very cautious with the timing belt when...

I'm very very cautious with the timing belt when its an interference engine, so its only a Volvo idler & tensioner, and either a Volvo or Continental belt for me. Check your water pump when you get...
  22. Replies
    Views

Looks terrific Pete. Sorry I didn't get a chance...

Looks terrific Pete. Sorry I didn't get a chance to clean them up before dropping them off with you. Mind you, you've done a better job at cleaning them than I would have managed lol.
  23. Replies
    Views

As Dave says, loads on ebay. I paid about £10 for...

As Dave says, loads on ebay. I paid about £10 for mine including the wiper blade and postage which I thought was great. Not branded, but well made and it does the job :)

I'll get a pic when I...
  24. Replies
    Views

Cambelt is a piece of cake on these, I did mine a...

Cambelt is a piece of cake on these, I did mine a couple of months back. Ideally you need the aux belt tensioner tool and a cam gear locking tool (see...
  25. Replies
    Views

It was a pleasure to meet you Pete - and to see...

It was a pleasure to meet you Pete - and to see your T5R. It looks better in the flesh than in the pics if that is possible, what a stunner :)

Mole - yep they're 17" Satellites with UniRoyal...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready