Join Today

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Just an update as I think I've cracked it. I...

Just an update as I think I've cracked it.

I got an O ring for both pipes, green is "in from PS pump" brown is "Return to Fluid Reservoir". The brown was the likely leaker as it was moving about...
  2. Replies
    Views

Just to close this one off.... It was indeed...

Just to close this one off....

It was indeed the Ns front wheel bearing. It became more obvious as time went on that the noise was louder under braking and cornering right.

Cigar to LeeT5 and...
  3. Replies
    Views

It's related to road speed, not engine RPM. From...

It's related to road speed, not engine RPM. From about 35+.

Cheers

Chris
  4. I persevered with my poor mans's relay unit and...

I persevered with my poor mans's relay unit and got to a working state in the end.

Some tips for anyone else:

to get the wires from the battery and the off-side I had to undo the...
  5. Replies
    Views

The noise appears to have gone. I wanted to be...

The noise appears to have gone. I wanted to be sure, before posting back here, but I haven't heard it since Sunday.

What did I do on Sunday? Put a can of engine flush in and went for a few power...
  6. Replies
    Views

Doesn't sound anything like a pheasant! ...

Doesn't sound anything like a pheasant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGQPe8LaDWg
  7. Replies
    Views

I read (and clear) the ignition codes using a an...

I read (and clear) the ignition codes using a an LED and resistor connected to pins 3,(5) and 16 to the ODBII port as per this diagram:

from JODT5 on volvo forums...
  8. Replies
    Views

Use a multimeter (in series with the +ve...

Use a multimeter (in series with the +ve connector) to measure current whilst car is switched off. Not sure what readings are considrered normal though!

A quick google has suggested normal draw...
  9. Thread: Oil Leak

by TenaciousC
    Replies
    Views

Have a read of this :...

Have a read of this : http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?55903-Recondition-Volvo-850-Engine-Oil-cooler-lines
  10. Recondition Volvo 850 Engine Oil cooler lines

These lines often fail after a while... rather then spend £140+ on replacements, you can recondition your existing lines relatively cheaply. The same will apply to transmission cooler lines. Job...
  11. Replies
    Views

Here is a pretty picture of the parts involved: ...

Here is a pretty picture of the parts involved:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11119&stc=1&d=1308603716
  12. Replies
    Views

Smoking Dipstick (PCV)

Just wanted to share a finding on this subject....

When using 3mm silicon tube from inlet manifold to PTC .. dipstick smokes a little when engine at idle.

When using 5mm silicon tube from inlet...
  13. Replies
    Views

Like I said, I didn't install it so can't really...

Like I said, I didn't install it so can't really do write up. I just wanted to confirm that the 341 definitely does work.

There is this link which documents the install process by someone else.
  14. Replies
    Views

It was the fuel pump. Cigar to Jamest5r!!! ...

It was the fuel pump. Cigar to Jamest5r!!!

Once removed from car and connected to power, a tap would initiate operation. ....So time for a new one (and a new thread)!

Thanks again!

C
  15. Replies
    Views

Inconsistent Turn in

Hi

This has been going for a while now, and getting worse I think. I would like to know what people think might be causing it.

If you could imagine going round a sweeping curve on a motorway...
  16. Replies
    Views

Did you take the battery out of the car and...

Did you take the battery out of the car and attempt to charge it externally?

I would look at the alternator first - they probably don't appreciate too much moisture.

C
  17. Replies
    Views

A most admirable quest! - and thought provoking -...

A most admirable quest! - and thought provoking - hence the stunned silence your post received.

I would have thought that all leaks in this system are not welcome, and would ultimately cause fuel...
  18. Replies
    Views

I wrote a how-to too! ...

I wrote a how-to too!

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27368

C
  19. Replies
    Views

I see your avatar, and appreciate you may be very...

I see your avatar, and appreciate you may be very well acquainted with the area! ;-)

C
  20. This is Fuel cut. You most likely have a boost...

This is Fuel cut. You most likely have a boost leak between the turbo and the inlet manifold. Check all your hoses and also vacuum hoses from the intake vaccuum tree for leaks and splits.

C
  21. Hi All, Happily before engaging a man to look...

Hi All,

Happily before engaging a man to look into this for £££s I happened upon this page:

http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29563

And suddenly recalled that when...
  22. ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) Change - 850 - Howto

Hi,

Thought I would write this as IMHO the Haynes manual over-complicates the job by requiring the removing of the battery tray and the need for tubes and bungs and all sorts of intimidating...
  23. Replies
    Views

Yes indeed. :-) C

Yes indeed. :-)

C
  24. Thread: boot struts

by TenaciousC
    Replies
    Views

just done mine this morning. Refreshingly...

just done mine this morning. Refreshingly straightforward. If you don't have assistance - a telescopic walking pole can also be used to hold the lid open OR you can lie on your back in the boot and...
  25. Powerflex Bushes - Lower Control Arm - Howto

Thought I would write this as I couldn't find one and there are a few tips that are worth imparting. Sorry no pics.

1. Loosen Front wheel nuts, jack up front of car support on axle stands and...
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready