Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Mmmm, not sure I would have chose the hotter...

Mmmm, not sure I would have chose the hotter opening stat.

You'll never know that without a CSPT kit. Removing the Header tank cap once hot is not an option, as this is both dangerous and counter...
  2. Replies
    Views

Hi Chris, from the looks of it the main pipe has...

Hi Chris, from the looks of it the main pipe has got a pinhole (going on the rust covering it and considering there is no water on the block and elsewhere).

1) It should be possible to remove that...
  3. Replies
    Views

There is a connection on the back of the head to...

There is a connection on the back of the head to the top right the manifold, it comes off the main water pipe. This is really sneaky as it sits right in the corner underneath the bit that sticks out...
  4. Replies
    Views

I very much doubt it. Anything to do with the...

I very much doubt it. Anything to do with the rack normally means you need to lower the rear part of the subframe ONLY! Remember to support the weight or you'll risk damage to the subframe bushes.
    I...
  5. Replies
    Views

As Dave has said. If the tracking was out on that...

As Dave has said. If the tracking was out on that side you would normally see some irregular on the opposite side as well due to the rear slightly crabbing in relation to the front.
    I suffered this...
  6. Replies
    Views

Yes I would also have a look at the arm that is...

Yes I would also have a look at the arm that is used for tracking they can bend if you have hit a pavement / rock, there are bushes on each side of the arm, see if there is any movement there,
    Dave
  7. Replies
    Views

Hi All Have just had to replace the master...

Hi All
    Have just had to replace the master switch in my car, after the the meet and greet driver at Heathrow knackered both window switches, in fairness they where both playing up!
    Luckily we had a...
  8. Replies
    Views

M sent , Pics attached

PM Sent, pics attached...

Is this what you are after? You can see from the length of cable to the connector that its a bit of a way inside the console.
    It sounds like a bit of a job but its...
  9. Replies
    Views

Pretty certain I have a spare cluster - will have...

Pretty certain I have a spare cluster - will have a dig around in the garage. I think I had similar probs to you, replaced it, and then grabbed another as a spare when I had the chance. If I have...
  10. Replies
    Views

Just changed my front bearing albeit on a ph2...

Just changed my front bearing albeit on a ph2 V70. There was no change in note when cornering in either direction and no play. However the one was as noisy as hell. When removed you could feel it...
  11. Replies
    Views

Shagged wheel bearings usually change note as you...

Shagged wheel bearings usually change note as you swing the car from left to right , slalom style, there is a driveshaft bearing on the right hand side drivshaft which can sound a bit lik a gubbed...
  12. This is how a professional does things !. ( I...

This is how a professional does things !. ( I hope you detect the sarcasm).:nono:

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r499/harveysr/P1000180_zps4a745529.jpg
  13. An expensive way to do it but what about a...

An expensive way to do it but what about a dedicated electrics kit...

http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-gb/V70(00-08)/Accessories/Document/VCC-425533/2005

I got similar for my Subaru Legacy...
  14. Replies
    Views

Not saying for definite, but you could try...

Not saying for definite, but you could try changing the oil filter (genuine would be best) if not done recently. Had similar noise from a recent V70 which stopped after doing this.
  15. It sounds like it's only under certain vacuum...

It sounds like it's only under certain vacuum level (hence the on/off whilstling). Could be when the engine is cold the idle valve is open more to maintain the revs so the vacuum level will be...
  16. Have you checked the PCV vacuum pipe that goes to...

Have you checked the PCV vacuum pipe that goes to the end of the inlet manifold (behind the steering pump)?

On mine the elbow which connects the plastic pipe to the manifold had perished and was...
  17. With it doing the same noise with the aux belt...

With it doing the same noise with the aux belt off just try running it with the cam belt cover off and the the top cam belt cover that's under the fuel pipes. If it still makes the same noise it's...
  18. I'd still say a tensioner/idler pulley or water...

I'd still say a tensioner/idler pulley or water pump.
    May be worth checking cam belt tension to make sure it's not over tight.

If it was anything to do with the drive belt/tensioner/PAS...
  19. Whine could be a belt tensioner/water pump. ...

Whine could be a belt tensioner/water pump.

When were they last renewed?
  20. Replies
    Views

Get yiurself a mechanics stehoscope they are...

Get yiurself a mechanics stehoscope they are cheap and v useful for tracking down noises.
  21. Replies
    Views

If that was a burnt exhaust valve you could have...

If that was a burnt exhaust valve you could have debris from it in your turbo, or damage to a vane as it went through.
  22. Replies
    Views

Have a read of this link. ...

Have a read of this link.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?46804-Major-misfire-I-could-really-do-with-some-good-news
  23. Mark on the flywheel is best. (Think the 5 pots...

Mark on the flywheel is best.
    (Think the 5 pots have one anyway.)

What's caused the burnt valve?
    Ran lean?
  24. Hmm... Somerset to Warrington is a long way to be...

Hmm... Somerset to Warrington is a long way to be running while down a cylinder.
    Personally, I wouldn't risk it. Do you have any breakdown cover?

If it could possibly help, I could maybe lend you...
  25. Thread: Maf?

by AAnickmac
    Replies
    Views

Might be worth cleaning the sensor. What air...

Might be worth cleaning the sensor. What air filter you running with? Sensor might just be contaminated/dirty. Bit of carb cleaner might work.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready