Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: opions please

by Alan M
    Replies
    Views

The blues will be good as you have the TT ecu. ...

The blues will be good as you have the TT ecu. Set the actuator properly using a vacuum gauge as you want the preload at the correct tension so the ecu can cope and control boost properly. What...
  2. Replies
    Views

Sorry to hear of the problems but the company you...

Sorry to hear of the problems but the company you bought the parts from has supplied me with parts that were very good quality. These turbos do need balancing though if you change parts and if they...
  3. Replies
    Views

If your going to the point of new shells and...

If your going to the point of new shells and considering arp bolts while there you should change the rods. You can re use the pistons if they are in a good state of repair and new piston rings would...
  4. Thread: Chinese turbos

by Alan M
    Replies
    Views

The chinese turbos are being sold by companies on...

The chinese turbos are being sold by companies on ebay for more than they cost to them as a lot of them being sold outside of China are just resellers of the chinese turbos. They work very well if...
  5. Replies
    Views

The 850r clutch is designed to withstand a...

The 850r clutch is designed to withstand a natural higher clamping torque/force so is a better option in every way. I did run my T5 clutch up to 380lb at 10psi on my small turbo lol though the T5...
  6. Thread: Compression

by Alan M
    Replies
    Views

Its showing the engine is a little tired but...

Its showing the engine is a little tired but sealing quite well.
  7. Replies
    Views

By the way I have never used Tim for work either...

By the way I have never used Tim for work either but you have to respect the ethos and ethic he instils in the work he carries out for his customers who become his friends.
  8. Replies
    Views

The engine in that car linked earlier is not a...

The engine in that car linked earlier is not a motronic T5 engine. It is a late T5 engine probably the B5244 T5 engine from the 05 on cars. The most gains for less outlay on these engines has to be...
  9. Replies
    Views

The angled housing is the better item to have and...

The angled housing is the better item to have and they are less prone to cracking. The angled housing is a better shape and the outlet is in a better position for the exhaust gas to exit the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Devils own kits are good robust units at good...

Devils own kits are good robust units at good prices. The new progressive controllers are also a very good item to use.
  11. Thread: N/a cams on t5

by Alan M
    Replies
    Views

Its a well tried and tested route in the 850...

Its a well tried and tested route in the 850 world to do this. There are companies offering cams with up to 10mm lift for serious power cars so higher lift cams if set up properly can be used very...
  12. Thread: flywheel weight

by Alan M
    Replies
    Views

If its machined proportionally quite a bit of...

If its machined proportionally quite a bit of material can be removed. You still want some weight there so going to far would be unwanted. I would take 1.5kg to max of 2kg depending on the weight...
  13. V70r item was 22mm and the 850 item I had was...

V70r item was 22mm and the 850 item I had was 21mm so the swap was done and fresh polybushes were used. I think JT has my old one now.
  14. Replies
    Views

That manifold should be fine to use Paul if you...

That manifold should be fine to use Paul if you ditch the turbo. If I can find them on the other laptop I'll pull all the flow maps I have for the M series Superchargers. There are quite a few...
  15. Replies
    Views

The tuned map I found to be very conservative....

The tuned map I found to be very conservative. Best bet is to start from scratch and completely go over the base map given as it is very all over the place and not smooth at all. It does take a few...
  16. Replies
    Views

You wont need one if your standard regulator is...

You wont need one if your standard regulator is working correctly. It will also cause fuel trim codes to appear with regularity if the car is not mapped to accomodate it. Just buy larger injectors...
  17. Replies
    Views

One of the best ways for increasing the power...

One of the best ways for increasing the power output of these engines is head work. Having the head ported and polished properly does work very well and you should be able to get a good target...
  18. Replies
    Views

If from a T5 those blues should have 0 280 155...

If from a T5 those blues should have 0 280 155 830 stamped on the side as its a Bosch part. They flow the same as whites with a slight difference in impedance.
  19. Thread: Project Manual

by Alan M
    Replies
    Views

Have you made sure the Crank sensor is picking up...

Have you made sure the Crank sensor is picking up the flywheel properly? It could be a case of positioning as this was a manual conversion so maybe something isn't lined up correctly. Take the...
  20. Replies
    Views

A true full 3" system will always be a better way...

A true full 3" system will always be a better way to go also if well built.
  21. Replies
    Views

Motorsport developments sell genuine items.

Motorsport developments sell genuine items.
  22. Thread: rev problems

by Alan M
    Replies
    Views

If you have had the cams out the upper head cover...

If you have had the cams out the upper head cover is the bearing cover and if it wasn't fitted correctly it may be a cuase of some of your problems or it may not be lol.
  23. Thread: rev problems

by Alan M
    Replies
    Views

If your car is working up to 5500rpm your sensors...

If your car is working up to 5500rpm your sensors wont be the problem unless they are breaking down quite drastically. If it's the same after trying spare good sensors its not the sensors. It...
  24. Thread: lower arms

by Alan M
    Replies
    Views

I have some arms I can modify JT if you want that...

I have some arms I can modify JT if you want that route opened up. I would need to order the balljoints in first so money to cover the balljoints and machining to the arms would be required if you...
  25. Thread: lower arms

by Alan M
    Replies
    Views

Yes the two bolt type.

Yes the two bolt type.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready