Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Koni's Adjustable

by Ed.
    Replies
    Views

Hmmm which car? I last adjusted the ones on my...

Hmmm which car? I last adjusted the ones on my old car July last year. Lubricant maybe?

They do offer quite a bit of adjustment. Full soft and it is actually quite a comfortably dampened ride. ...
  2. I had a close friend kill himself by driving...

I had a close friend kill himself by driving dangerously on a public road. He wasn't even racing anyone at the time. Stories like this should serve as warning, people may not be so lucky next...
  3. Thread: 1.5 bar boost

by Ed.
    Replies
    Views

bye bye rods, nice knowing you :wave23d: lol

bye bye rods, nice knowing you :wave23d: lol
  4. Replies
    Views

:) I think both Andy and myself have proven you...

:) I think both Andy and myself have proven you can have a quick car without an mbc ;)

Ed
  5. Replies
    Views

My aux oil cooler has replaced the standard one...

My aux oil cooler has replaced the standard one on the side of the radiator. The top and bottom hoses that went into and came out of the standard cooler have been extended to fit to my aux cooler. ...
  6. Replies
    Views

I had my throttle body fitted and inlet manifold...

I had my throttle body fitted and inlet manifold ported last weekend and the difference is certainly noticeable. The car feels more responsive, even when driving normally.

The current spec of...
  7. Thread: Tuning questions.

by Ed.
    Replies
    Views

Generally from what i have read, you will need a...

Generally from what i have read, you will need a 200 cell cat for an exhaust with pre and post lambda sensors. Custom chrome in Nuneaton do sports cats, custom systems, etc. My 100 cell sports cat...
  8. Thread: eratic boost

by Ed.
    Replies
    Views

I don't think the remap will solve this problem,...

I don't think the remap will solve this problem, I would agree with the others, have a look at the spark plugs. Volvo plugs are adequate, even for a 400bhp 850s.

Ed
  9. Thread: Gear box Ratios

by Ed.
    Replies
    Views

No probs Dave. I reckon if your boost started...

No probs Dave. I reckon if your boost started coming in earlier, say 2500rpm at 5-7psi then you would see improvements both on track and on the road too.

I would also say that Russ' C70, with it...
  10. Replies
    Views

The spring on the std actuator is something like...

The spring on the std actuator is something like 4.4psi. I have been advised that 1.25 bar of boost is the absolute limit for 16t, std conrod combination. Any boost spikes above this and you are...
  11. Replies
    Views

I have a set of 4 used samco hoses (non dump...

I have a set of 4 used samco hoses (non dump valve version). The kit usually comprises of 5 hoses. The one missing in my set is the short hose that goes into the turbo which should be fairly easy to...
  12. Thread: Koni's now on :-)

by Ed.
    Replies
    Views

Your car sits really well with your suspension...

Your car sits really well with your suspension upgrades. I run the same koni yellows as you do and i have found that i'm happiest with the dampers set in the middle. I find the ride fairly hard and...
  13. Thread: boost

by Ed.
    Replies
    Views

Replace the ht lead and try again. It could be...

Replace the ht lead and try again. It could be that you have introduced a boost leak in the system when plumbing in your new boost gauge.

Ed
  14. Replies
    Views

If you can't find the source of your alternator...

If you can't find the source of your alternator whine, or can no longer be bothered to, try http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/raptor-nf125-noise-supressor.html

A purist would regard this as a bodge...
  15. Replies
    Views

Pretty sure the 850 would be running a bosch 4.3...

Pretty sure the 850 would be running a bosch 4.3 ecu, whilst the v70 is a bosch 4.4 so not compatible.

Ed
  16. Thread: Turbo types

by Ed.
    Replies
    Views

http://www.wothrline.com/Cars_engine/HW/turbocharg...

http://www.wothrline.com/Cars_engine/HW/turbocharger.htm

The link above is a good source of info regarding turbos.

Ed
  17. Replies
    Views

If you have nivomats already then the top mount...

If you have nivomats already then the top mount can be reused, if you are changing to nivomats then you would need nivomat top mounts.

Ed
  18. Thread: Self leveling?

by Ed.
    Replies
    Views

You would need to swap the springs and the shocks...

You would need to swap the springs and the shocks if you switch from nivomats. The existing top mounts can be reused.

Ed
  19. Replies
    Views

I've got a spare one at home. I basically bought...

I've got a spare one at home. I basically bought it for my 850 t5 when i was having this problem, but decided to get my original one refurbed. The original one is now back on my car. If you are...
  20. Replies
    Views

I've had this before and it turned out to be...

I've had this before and it turned out to be knackered alternator/dodgy alternator cabling. Basically found that the car was running just off the battery when all the dash was lit. Suggest you...
  21. Replies
    Views

Yep, agreed with the above. I've also got...

Yep, agreed with the above. I've also got Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas and they are excellent. I bought 215/40/17s from Camskill. Considering they are a mail order company, their packaging isn't...
  22. Thread: New Alloys!

by Ed.
    Replies
    Views

Look carefully on the tyres, they have 'inside'...

Look carefully on the tyres, they have 'inside' marked on one of the side walls. I 'think' the blue stripe is on the outer track of the tyre when fitted correctly.

HTH

Ed
  23. Thread: New Alloys!

by Ed.
    Replies
    Views

Mmmm ultrac sessantas ;) Wheels aren't bad...

Mmmm ultrac sessantas ;) Wheels aren't bad either :)

Ed
  24. Replies
    Views

Hi Nick, The motor is located on the right...

Hi Nick,

The motor is located on the right hand side of the seat about half way up the seat back. You have to unhook the metal clips at the bottom of the seat to get your hand up there. If the...
  25. Thread: ECU compatibility

by Ed.
    Replies
    Views

As far as i can remember, you have to match up...

As far as i can remember, you have to match up the colour of the ecu, i think earlier cars had orange and later cars had purple. The ecus are the same between the 440 and 480 turbos, but if you get...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready