Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Yup - read the codes if you can. Also worth...

Yup - read the codes if you can. Also worth searching on here to find out about the little elbow vac pipe which is known to split, leak and give you the lambda light on the Phase 1.
  2. Replies
    Views

TCV (BCS) hoses are 1/4 inch / 6mm. Go with...

TCV (BCS) hoses are 1/4 inch / 6mm. Go with re-inforced silicone (Samco) or some decent internally braided SAE fuel hose.

HTH
  3. The wastegate is essentially a controllable turbo...

The wastegate is essentially a controllable turbo by-pass valve for the exhaust gases - as such, it is used to vent excess exhaust side pressure to control the boost the turbo produces. So, it will...
  4. Replies
    Views

I'd say if you've got symptoms from tickover...

I'd say if you've got symptoms from tickover upwards then it's less likely to be the TCV, however, depending on the state of tune you're running, you could be pushing positive boost around 2000 rpm...
  5. Replies
    Views

You might want to consider internally braided SAE...

You might want to consider internally braided SAE fuel hose as well - I replaced all the vac hoses on my TCV with this stuff and it works really well.
  6. Replies
    Views

When I had the roof on my Phase 1 V70...

When I had the roof on my Phase 1 V70 re-spreayed, they didn't re-seal the holes which are there for the roof rails (my car didn't have any) and I had water p1ssing in, down my drivers door and into...
  7. Replies
    Views

My simple advice, for what it's worth:- Early...

My simple advice, for what it's worth:-

Early D5s have a known possible injector problem - AVOID
    I've noticed several early D5 flywheel/ ring gear problems reported recently - CAUTION
    Early V70s...
  8. Thread: misting up

by princepugh
    Replies
    Views

My Phase 2 had the tiniest of leaks from the...

My Phase 2 had the tiniest of leaks from the heater matrix o-rings - that along with the pollen filter having been installed back to front resulted in badly misted windows. Have a good feel around...
  9. Replies
    Views

There's nothing to stop you running some...

There's nothing to stop you running some polyetheramine based fuel system cleaner through a tank anyway but it won't give the same results as a proper clean as per Jmthan.

I ran some Redline Si-1...
  10. Replies
    Views

If this is the problem I think it is, there's a...

If this is the problem I think it is, there's a fix for it. Basically there's a tiny little micro switch near the CD mechanism which gets stuck in the wrong position but it can be fixed just by...
  11. Replies
    Views

techron based

techron based
  12. Replies
    Views

I've never driven the six speed box but I'd...

I've never driven the six speed box but I'd imagine you have closer ratios but a similar or same final drive ratio to a standard 5-box.

Suppose the advantage is that you can always be at or near...
  13. Replies
    Views

The Griffin product isn't bad and I ran one for a...

The Griffin product isn't bad and I ran one for a while on my Phase2 V70, which has the integrated ariel, it never struggled to pick the signal up at all, although mobiles do cause bad interference...
  14. Replies
    Views

Well, the fly-by-wire set up might feel less...

Well, the fly-by-wire set up might feel less consistent, this is because the computer is ultimately deciding whether or not it can safely meet the demand of your right foot based on feedback from...
  15. Replies
    Views

I'm running some Redline Si-1 through mine this...

I'm running some Redline Si-1 through mine this weekend as it goes although I'm expecting to have to pull the injectors and ship to Jimathan also, at some point.
  16. Replies
    Views

You might find the video in this page helpful:- ...

You might find the video in this page helpful:-

http://www.ipdusa.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=4234&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1

Think it mentions calibrating to...
  17. Replies
    Views

The handbook does mention allowing a brief...

The handbook does mention allowing a brief cooling period following 'heavy load' driving conditions. As per loadsamiles, taking it easy in the last few minutes of the drive should suffice.
  18. Replies
    Views

Website suggests compatibility:-...

Website suggests compatibility:- http://www.usaspec.com/product.php?ProductID=35
  19. Replies
    Views

USA Spec PA11-VOL iPod adapter

It’s been on the cards for a while but courtesy of a forum member I’ve finally managed to source a nearly new PA11-VOL.

Installation
    Pretty much dead straight forward:– Climate panel out, slide...
  20. Replies
    Views

OK, according to my old TCV we've got:- A -...

OK, according to my old TCV we've got:-

A - RED - Turbo Compressor
    B - YELLOW - Wastegate Actuator
    C - BLUE - Vac tree

I'm not saying that the hoses are causing your problem but I read that...
  21. Replies
    Views

RED - down to the Turbo Compressor YELLOW -...

RED - down to the Turbo Compressor
    YELLOW - Wastegate Actuator
    BLUE - Vac tree at the bottom of the Intake Pipe
  22. Replies
    Views

Yes, I looked into the plastic hoses as far as I...

Yes, I looked into the plastic hoses as far as I could, no sign of any emulsion so sounds like I need worry no more, for now.

Thanks for all the advice, made the job a whole load easier.
  23. Replies
    Views

Sounds horribly familiar:- Firstly – you’re...

Sounds horribly familiar:-

Firstly – you’re probably better off starting a new thread about this as people may not pick it up as part of this IPD TCV thread, which is more for information. You’ll...
  24. Replies
    Views

Not having a UK direct supplier is a bummer and...

Not having a UK direct supplier is a bummer and as you say, when the TCV loses the plot, it's not something you want to wait for.

The TCV hoses on my 9 year old V70 look 'ok' but I did have to...
  25. Replies
    Views

IPD HD Turbo Control Valve (TCV, BCS)

Just for clarity, this post relates to the IPD Heavy Duty Turbo Control Valve (TCV) as a direct replacement for the standard fitment Pierburg TCV on a 2001 Phase 2 V70 T5 running an off-the-shelf...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready