Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Have a read here about the spec and what you can...

Have a read here about the spec and what you can and what not to?.......http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=171576

I had the `89 model and when fitting the MBC to around 14/15psi it...
  2. Replies
    Views

I wouln`t underestimate Tommy t4 as he has been...

I wouln`t underestimate Tommy t4 as he has been playing with T4`s for years.

There was a post a few years back on the other side.....where he had sussed out the ECU ......
  3. Thread: Cold compression

by 960kg
    Replies
    Views

Although some state hot when doing compressions...

Although some state hot when doing compressions it is REALLY all relative.......when cooled off all the clearances will alter correspondingly.

I would say cooler is better for a more accurate...
  4. Replies
    Views

The pre 2000 T4 is 1855cc 200bhp 81mm...

The pre 2000 T4 is 1855cc 200bhp 81mm bore....engine CODE is T4

The T4 model 2000 on is a 2litre 200bhp 83mm bore engine......the engine CODE is T5 NOT 5 cylinder as in 850 0r V70 models but 4....
  5. Replies
    Views

The 2.0T is 160 /165 bhp depending on year but is...

The 2.0T is 160 /165 bhp depending on year but is the weaker T3 engine.

Boost is around 8psi and can only be safely taken to 12psi with the manual boost controller.

Your proper T4 early model...
  6. Replies
    Views

Yes, quite a beast!........but for reliability...

Yes, quite a beast!........but for reliability you need the Phase 1 T4 before 2000.

The Phase 2 2 litre suffers the same as the later 83mm bore engines with split liners and the HG`s let go.
  7. Replies
    Views

The reason they are all prone to this gunge is...

The reason they are all prone to this gunge is because the "O" ring at the top of the stick either becomes hard and brittle or it is missing allowing cold air down the tube which is warm as it is on...
  8. Everyone too their own ...but this Torque pro i...

Everyone too their own ...but this Torque pro i have used for quite a few years and one day with my V40 T4 the temp. showed 133 C and did i panic as i had just plugged it in after a very quick run....
  9. Replies
    Views

If the A/C charge is too high the fan will run...

If the A/C charge is too high the fan will run continuous also some models it can mean a MAF problem!
  10. In my own experience of engine building , and i...

In my own experience of engine building , and i have done some, you will always hear a hiss on manual turnover....

You say the engine has been standing for a while and all the more reason for hiss...
  11. Replies
    Views

Just to help from my post years ago....lol The...

Just to help from my post years ago....lol

The early B234T4 850r had a spluttered coating upper connecting rod bearing halves for extra strength.

The B5234T3 which is in the `97 on p1 V70 T5...
  12. Replies
    Views

This may help?....... Engines and...

This may help?.......

Engines and turbochargers

13G - B5254T 193hp 1996-1998, straight outlet from turbine
    13G - B5244T 193hp 1999-2000, angled outlet from turbine
    13G - B5244T 200hp 2001,...
  13. Replies
    Views

Not arguing at all just discussing........but...

Not arguing at all just discussing........but this modern era thinks owners really are stupid so when buying a battery charger from Halfords they now rate them as for a small car...a medium size car...
  14. Replies
    Views

I gave you the wrong torque for the Knock Sensors...

I gave you the wrong torque for the Knock Sensors it should of been 20Nm for your model.

You cannot adjust the Ignition Timing as the ECU does it but at 1420 revs, a fast idle, it should be 4 to 8...
  15. Replies
    Views

As you have rebuilt the engine did you remove the...

As you have rebuilt the engine did you remove the Knock Sensors as they have to be reassembled to the correct low torque of 7nm i believe? ...and should also be in the same aspect on the engine as...
  16. Replies
    Views

After owning Volvos for about 30yrs Volvo seemed...

After owning Volvos for about 30yrs Volvo seemed to only recommend 5W 30 oil when they started using the VVT system ?

Before that they only said 10W 40 so i always used the thicker oil. Of course...
  17. Replies
    Views

As kmb says so long as the temp. guage is at the...

As kmb says so long as the temp. guage is at the correct place/level then no worries.

Having myself rebuilt quite a few performance engines in my time an engine is an engine and it has to run in...
  18. Replies
    Views

The only thing i can suggest seeing as you have...

The only thing i can suggest seeing as you have only undone the plug and removed it is to get an old plug and cut slots up the side of the thread with a hacksaw.

Gently tap in the protected...
  19. Replies
    Views

Try this..... I posted on another thread but...

Try this.....

I posted on another thread but maybe you didn`t see it?

Good Luck.
  20. Replies
    Views

Unless really tuned best fit Volvo plugs.......so...

Unless really tuned best fit Volvo plugs.......so now you don`t know if plugs or coils!!
  21. Replies
    Views

The Bars Leaks you put in should still be in the...

The Bars Leaks you put in should still be in the hole or crack that it previously blocked as it circulates with the coolant and becomes operative on finding these and will harden in the hole or crack...
  22. Thread: Deadlock!

by 960kg
    Replies
    Views

Try This...?

Try This...?
  23. Thread: S70T5 problem

by 960kg
    Replies
    Views

^^^^above bought my `97 V70 T5 off me and after a...

^^^^above bought my `97 V70 T5 off me and after a while developed smoke on idle which he had repaired with the valve stem seals but before he bought the motor from me at 160,000 it developed smoking...
  24. Replies
    Views

You lot on here are so demeaning and do not lay...

You lot on here are so demeaning and do not lay yourself open to others learnings or findings or others opinions!

The thing is if you consider having things better to do than put the correct fuel...
  25. Replies
    Views

If it helps i had a Yellow Spring in...

If it helps i had a Yellow Spring in mine......`97 V70 T5

Held 20psi easy on 16T and then 18T
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready