Join Today

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: R-Spec MBC?

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

I have never been able to get any of my T5's to...

I have never been able to get any of my T5's to run more than 12psi with an MBC without hitting the overboost cutoff protection at SOME stage.

I currently have one fitted and yes, I can wind it...
  2. Thread: R-Spec MBC?

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

Loads of people run MBC's on the turbo engines. ...

Loads of people run MBC's on the turbo engines. They are very simply to fit with basic tools (screwdriver, knife etc) and make a significant difference to performance.

Ideally you would want...
  3. Thread: Smashed my 850r

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

Reading the road isn't gonna help much if there...

Reading the road isn't gonna help much if there is a multi car pile up...... even though I react and stop MY car in time some jerk in a transit will park up my ar5ehole promptly followed by 10...
  4. Replies
    Views

Carefully wind it up as well.... i wouldn't jump...

Carefully wind it up as well.... i wouldn't jump straight from 6 to 10psi.... keep an eye out for spikes on gear changes too and bear in mind it will probably boost slightly higher on cold mornings,...
  5. Thread: mbc

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

Yeah, so much easier to blow your car up when you...

Yeah, so much easier to blow your car up when you get greedy as well.....

Takes about half hour to set it up nicely, tie it in place and leave it out of sight IMO..

And the OP says he doesn't...
  6. Thread: So anoying

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

I can only tell you what HLM told me.........

I can only tell you what HLM told me...... basically there is no difference between the power figures, just the way it drives.

Also bear in mind that if you get the 304 you are going to be...
  7. Thread: 850 T5, more go.

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

Oh come on please, pull the other one......... ...

Oh come on please, pull the other one......... Now you are making generalisations!

I mean it doesn't take a genius to understand that a USED car is called USED for a reason....... it has...
  8. Thread: 850 T5, more go.

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

I didn't ask for your help, I have my own mind. ...

I didn't ask for your help, I have my own mind.

An off the shelf remap (BTW do you have any evidence which proves they are 'sh*tty') is slightly different from spending large sums of money...
  9. Thread: 850 T5, more go.

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

no no no no....... there is no risk at all as...

no no no no....... there is no risk at all as long as you get your car tuned by the lastest flavour of the month.............. however if you get the same work done anywhere else you are DOOMED.
  10. Thread: 850 T5, more go.

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

Sorry, I felt exactly the same before I came to...

Sorry, I felt exactly the same before I came to the conclusion that really it doesn't matter what other people have or say.......

Pick one at random and slap it on your car, you wont be...
  11. Thread: 850 T5, more go.

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

Look up and a little to your left and you should...

Look up and a little to your left and you should see some large pig shaped objects flying across the night sky right about now...........

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you!
  12. Thread: 850 T5, more go.

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

Why is is important what mods I have carried out...

Why is is important what mods I have carried out on my car (none fyi), this discussion was supposed to be about a new member who was asking advice about remaps and the safety of them especially with...
  13. Thread: 850 T5, more go.

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

Oh right, so anyone that is happy with any...

Oh right, so anyone that is happy with any product or service from hlm is a sheep? Guess we could say the same about most of the MTE Don lovers as well.....

I would rather be on my own than be...
  14. Thread: 850 T5, more go.

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

As ok....... just as long as people don't expect...

As ok....... just as long as people don't expect 300bhp, because it ain't going to happen with just a remap on these cars.
  15. Thread: 850 T5, more go.

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

I love these threads, after the first 5 or 6...

I love these threads, after the first 5 or 6 posts they always turn into a mud slinging contest between the same few people.... do none of you have a life at all?

It is discussions like this...
  16. Replies
    Views

I will hook my boost gauge up tomorrow and find...

I will hook my boost gauge up tomorrow and find out......... C70 doesn't have a stock gauge and I haven't got around to fitting my one yet.

Uhm, as for the lower gears thing..... I dunno, maybe I...
  17. Thread: Pipe

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

Take the pipe off and check there is no part...

Take the pipe off and check there is no part number on it underneath........ failing that take it with you to the volvo dealer and explain which bit it is, (vacuum tree/valve idle)......

IIRC it...
  18. Replies
    Views

Hi, sorry I can't really answer that as mine is...

Hi, sorry I can't really answer that as mine is an auto, although it is far more responsive now, you don't need to wedge the loud pedal to the floor to get moving anymore.

I had the 280 map, so I...
  19. Replies
    Views

Hi, I had my car done with a Rica map at HLM for...

Hi, I had my car done with a Rica map at HLM for £150 last week, I haven't blown up my car yet, it is a 98 C70 T5 with 90k and I have certainly noticed a big improvement, the car now takes off like...
  20. Thread: buying a T5???

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

I always drove my autos in sports mode all the...

I always drove my autos in sports mode all the time, as it didn't change the fuel economy and it gives a better response (IMO).

They are smooth and fast, yeah the manual might be 0.5s faster to 60...
  21. Thread: buying a T5???

by BigV
    Replies
    Views

Personally I would rather have an auto with...

Personally I would rather have an auto with higher miles...... at least you know some chav hasn't sat with their foot to the floor in second gear all day long.

High miles shouldn't be too much of...
  22. Replies
    Views

Well it is possible, a tuned one sold on ebay the...

Well it is possible, a tuned one sold on ebay the other day for about £1300....... low mileage too.

He could buy a tidy T5 for 1k, chip it for £350......... ok it wont be quite 300bhp, but close...
  23. Replies
    Views

Being honest I prefer the original T5...

Being honest I prefer the original T5 alloys......... 2nd set were terrible..... 3rd set I can take or leave....... I like white though, so I think the car looks pretty tidy anyway.
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready