Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Thank you - I've seen a few of his videos before...

Thank you - I've seen a few of his videos before and they do seem helpful.
    I hear what you say re. redblocks/whiteblocks etc (although I've not heard of them before), but the reality is that I have...
  2. Replies
    Views

Thanks for your post. Yes, that all makes sense....

Thanks for your post.
    Yes, that all makes sense. I've got a pre-MOT test booked in now so I'll see what that produces. Fingers crossed it's manageable.
    The PCV and Cambelt Service are my main areas...
  3. Replies
    Views

Thanks for everyones advice. This will...

Thanks for everyones advice.
    This will inevitably turn into a "how far do you go" project! I have been wanting to get my 855r back on the road for some time now but the prospect of big bills and...
  4. Replies
    Views

For the aux belt tensioner I use a 1/2" to 3/4"...

For the aux belt tensioner I use a 1/2" to 3/4" socket drive adapter lightly ground down on 2 of its flats so it fits easily
  5. Replies
    Views

Whilst it's apart, maybe a good idea to replace...

Whilst it's apart, maybe a good idea to replace the water pump too?
  6. Replies
    Views

I bought a variable angle jet wash nozzle, jet...

I bought a variable angle jet wash nozzle, jet washed the underside, allowed to dry, then used Bilt Hamber products such as Hydrate 80 rust killer, and UC clear spray which is breathable and doesn’t...
  7. Replies
    Views

Glad to hear it is working better for you now. ...

Glad to hear it is working better for you now.

I've just listened to the video you posted above and it sounded like a sticking lifter. If the valves were bent it would have been idling a lot...
  8. Replies
    Views

I'm pretty sure that once it's all timed back up...

I'm pretty sure that once it's all timed back up correctly it will be fine, it wouldn't need to be far out to run sounding like a diesel and as you said it was fully rotated a good few times to check...
  9. Replies
    Views

I did see your post on the FB channels Rolling...

I did see your post on the FB channels Rolling Thunder, I hope with DD'S and Shem's advice and your new cam locking tool you are easily able to sort the issue, I'd not ever thought of slackening the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Yeah check just to be sure. But I've re-read...

Yeah check just to be sure.

But I've re-read your original post and of course you said it sounded like a diesel. Was it really tappety? (if that's even a word lol)

As for the compression test...
  11. Replies
    Views

If there was no interference when you rotated the...

If there was no interference when you rotated the engine the you're probably going to be ok as there is some clearance with the valves anyway. The elongated holes allow for the cam timing to be...
  12. Thread: cambelt calamity

by kmb
    Replies
    Views

Hope you get away with it, logically thinking...

Hope you get away with it, logically thinking there should be enough clearance if the alignment was very minor, keep us posted!
  13. Replies
    Views

Then I got hungry for something bigger....... ...

Then I got hungry for something bigger.......

Browsing eBay I came across a guy breaking a V70. So I fired off a quick message to him and 2 days later these were delivered.
  14. Thread: 302's

by jamesy12345
    Replies
    Views

Apologies I accidentally posted a picture of a...

Apologies I accidentally posted a picture of a volvo...try again

viola

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAoJia-axglxckzzUB6RrX8rCiSSvJjDOo47CA0TV4mwKNY6IU11eJ286b

I...
  15. Well, its been a while - bringing the old beast...

Well, its been a while - bringing the old beast back has had to play second fiddle to the day to day humdrum of family life & work for the past few months - but fear not progress has been made:
  16. Replies
    Views

I'll see what I can do, as I'm sorting bit's and...

I'll see what I can do, as I'm sorting bit's and pieces at present and trying to collate them together as I go so I'll try and get something up before the weekend is out
  17. Replies
    Views

Nice one, I've got a couple of donors lined up...

Nice one, I've got a couple of donors lined up now then :)

AWD is crap and I've ran this with the prop out for over 10k now!
    I'd imagine getting an AWD box and a matching prop that fits the...
  18. Replies
    Views

as far as I recall they can be fitted with some...

as far as I recall they can be fitted with some washers to take up the slack and improve operation, not actually done it myself but will have to soon on our v70r awd, as that is getting bad on the...
  19. Replies
    Views

I can offer MTE's Swedish written calibrations...

I can offer MTE's Swedish written calibrations for £395 including VAT. You carry out the installation yourself so there is no need to travel. You use an XP equipped laptop to make an initial read-out...
  20. Replies
    Views

Cheers bud tbh the wheels were really clean it...

Cheers bud tbh the wheels were really clean it was only the front two that were coated internally with lithium grease from a bust cc boot and just wanted to show how well they came up.
    I'm really...
  21. Replies
    Views

Cheers bud tbh the wheels were really clean it...

Cheers bud tbh the wheels were really clean it was only the front two that were coated internally with lithium grease from a bust cc boot and just wanted to show how well they came up.
    I'm really...
  22. Replies
    Views

I'll let the pictures do the talking ...

I'll let the pictures do the talking
    http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/20150120_103350_zpsacvqaoki.jpg
    http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/20150120_103407_zpsrhku1sn3.jpg...
  23. Replies
    Views

Haha! I was wondering how long this thread would...

Haha! I was wondering how long this thread would go before a RobertDIY video would be shared. This legend!
    I'll get a ring around for quotes on labour alone before deciding, I cannot stand doing...
  24. Replies
    Views

The guls second set of boots just been dropped ...

The guls second set of boots just been dropped of by Sam
    http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/20150118_141915_zpsyb9a3ozo.jpg

was good to meet you today and thank you
  25. Thread: PAS pump?

by Wobbly Dave
    Replies
    Views

Stupid question but are the PAS fluid levels...

Stupid question but are the PAS fluid levels correct & has the system been properly bled?
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready