Join Today

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

ahhh the old dump valve problems lol as claymore...

ahhh the old dump valve problems lol as claymore said,if its a single piston dv then throw it away as itll leak!! quick test would be take the vacuum pipe off the top of it tie it in a knot or cap it...
  2. Replies
    Views

Boost is dictated by load, there will be very...

Boost is dictated by load, there will be very little load in second gear so it won't hold it unless you're going up a very long, steep hill. my car will boost to 22psi then drop back to 18psi as the...
  3. Replies
    Views

I think there is a problem judging by the...

I think there is a problem judging by the symptoms. Better to check and make sure, I always say "follow your instincts".
  4. Replies
    Views

Engine Smoke/Leak Test. I had one done on my T5...

Engine Smoke/Leak Test. I had one done on my T5 the other week and to be fair the guy who did it was an absolute Gem and even spent a couple of hours fiddling about trying to fix them for me.
  5. Replies
    Views

I think someone suggested it to you before, maybe...

I think someone suggested it to you before, maybe look for a local company that offers boost leak testing. Smoke testing should show up any obvious leaks you have. Don't be surprised if you see...
  6. Replies
    Views

You should need to pull the actuator rod out by...

You should need to pull the actuator rod out by about 4mm to get it over the peg on the arm (as a rule of thumb) if it hits 19psi then wind it back half a turn (maybe even a full turn)

There...
  7. Replies
    Views

I don't think the engine mounts are hydraulic...

I don't think the engine mounts are hydraulic mate, they're fixed. A CV joint will generally 'click click click' when it's worn whereas the wheel bearings tend to rumble which gets worse when you...
  8. Replies
    Views

I'd go with the wheel bearings, a 'rumble' is...

I'd go with the wheel bearings, a 'rumble' is typical of a wheel bearing on it's way out.
  9. Replies
    Views

The wheel bearings on these can be nigh on...

The wheel bearings on these can be nigh on falling to pieces and the wheel won't 'rock'. But if you jack the car up and spin the wheel with one hand on the coil spring you will feel the vibration if...
  10. Replies
    Views

It's supposed to be tight, a bit of pressure...

It's supposed to be tight, a bit of pressure needed to pull it into position if it's moving freely it's knackered
  11. Replies
    Views

Get an 850r clutch use my reg if you need to

Get an 850r clutch use my reg if you need to
  12. This shows where to connect the 5/8" hose to...

This shows where to connect the 5/8" hose to which you then try to blow through:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/442/20130119130607.jpg

If you end up taking the sump off get a new...
  13. Easy check is to remove the PCV catch tank and...

Easy check is to remove the PCV catch tank and attach a length of 5/8" diameter rubber hose to the lower port in the front face of the engine block where the PCV tank connects, if you can blow...
  14. Replies
    Views

hi will, check fuse number 6 that is the...

hi will, check fuse number 6 that is the alarm/immobiliser fuse, can i ask the technique you used to relink the fob to the car??:)
  15. Replies
    Views

plugs, leads, dissy and coil would be my...

plugs, leads, dissy and coil would be my suggestion. I wouldn't expect one element of the ignition system to outlast another by much.
  16. Replies
    Views

May I also recommend that you change the rotor...

May I also recommend that you change the rotor arm and dizzy cap. Do that before the leads. Because it could be this and may prove a cheaper fix.
  17. Replies
    Views

Hmm, 850 T5, you can but you'd eventually need a...

Hmm, 850 T5, you can but you'd eventually need a remap to get the most of it all.
  18. Replies
    Views

welcome mate.....I'm based in Guildford most of...

welcome mate.....I'm based in Guildford most of the time so you might see a black T5 saloon on gunmetal wheels kickin around...

If you need any help i'm local and happy to pull appart other...
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready