Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Thankfully it turned out to be a blown fuse !...

Thankfully it turned out to be a blown fuse ! Stopped my heart for a little while though !
  2. I got stuck a few years ago in a Tesco car park...

I got stuck a few years ago in a Tesco car park when my key fob just stopped working for some reason. Opening the door with the key resulted in the alarm sounding, even putting the key in the...
  3. Replies
    Views

The Vast ecu may have to wait, not easy...

The Vast ecu may have to wait, not easy convincing the missus that I need to spend lots of money on a 23 year old car !
  4. Replies
    Views

Only other advice I can give is make sure...

Only other advice I can give is make sure everything is spotlessly clean and there isn't any carbon trapped in the piston ring groove etc.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
  5. Replies
    Views

I've rebuilt a couple, don't remember having to...

I've rebuilt a couple, don't remember having to force anything to install the shaft.
  6. Pump won't automatically be knackered as if it's...

Pump won't automatically be knackered as if it's got an external clutch it won't have been engaged if there is no pressure in the system so the pump won't have been spinning but it may have seized by...
  7. Replies
    Views

Thought I would just post the results of my rack...

Thought I would just post the results of my rack search (may be of use to someone as 850 parts start to dry up !).

I emailed the guys at Norfolk Volvo Spares who have always been helpful to see...
  8. Replies
    Views

Check the wiring to the relay under the radiator...

Check the wiring to the relay under the radiator top panel. The wiring rots internally, gives intermittent starting issues and kills the cam sensor feed, took me a day or two of digging through the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Cheers mate, that's what I'll be doing also.

Cheers mate, that's what I'll be doing also.
  10. Replies
    Views

Think I've realised where the confusion regarding...

Think I've realised where the confusion regarding the pretensioner wiring coming from. The V70 seats are from an early pre 99 v70, I think the later ones had electrically fired SIPS rather then...
  11. Replies
    Views

If you mean the seal kits to stop your rack...

If you mean the seal kits to stop your rack leaking into the gaiters then.....no !. However mine was doing exactly this a few years ago, it was absolutely peeing out the of the rack clips. I used a...
  12. Replies
    Views

On mine I had to remove some star clips from...

On mine I had to remove some star clips from where the fixing bolts went through then carefully break away the thin plastic 'lip' around the joint, this exposes the sealant which you can then...
  13. Replies
    Views

Your showing your age now Biff.........party on !!

Your showing your age now Biff.........party on !!
  14. I'm only jealous mate, had a nice double garage...

I'm only jealous mate, had a nice double garage at my old house, only got a drafty damp gazebo to work under at this one !
  15. Replies
    Views

I wouldn't worry too much from having codes read...

I wouldn't worry too much from having codes read unless you have a MIL on. I scan probably a dozen cars or so a week and you get lists of codes from them, usually not related to the fault the car is...
  16. Thread: mot fails?

by nobananas
    Replies
    Views

Headlight wipers don't come into the MOT, nether...

Headlight wipers don't come into the MOT, nether does the rear wiper. The only time you need to worry about headlight wash is if you have factory Hids or Xenons but they usually just have a wash...
  17. Replies
    Views

The N/S/F tyre on my 850 always wears out faster...

The N/S/F tyre on my 850 always wears out faster then the other side, usually it's on the wear bars when the other side got a good 3mm on it.
  18. Replies
    Views

Incorrect camber will cause uneven tyre wear and...

Incorrect camber will cause uneven tyre wear and also can cause drifting/pulling to one side. The camber on the 850's is set by moving the hub carrier in relation to the front strut (slackening the 2...
  19. Replies
    Views

Thanks guys, don't mind it being a bit fiddly if...

Thanks guys, don't mind it being a bit fiddly if it opens up some options for sorting the drivers seat out !
  20. Replies
    Views

Well had a bit of a result, got a Nissens rad off...

Well had a bit of a result, got a Nissens rad off one of our suppliers for 90 quid+vat and they also got me a bottom rad hose for a tenner as mines almost chaffed through. Hopefully I can get them...
  21. Replies
    Views

Mikalor are T bolt clamps which have a much wider...

Mikalor are T bolt clamps which have a much wider and thicker band to them and exert a higher clamping force to the pipework. To be honest on my set up they are overkill, the silicone hoses are a...
  22. Replies
    Views

Unfortunately mate I've done it on my R which...

Unfortunately mate I've done it on my R which isn't technically on the road yet. Moved it down the driveway, felt ok then LOL !
  23. Replies
    Views

When I'm totally happy with how it all sits (I've...

When I'm totally happy with how it all sits (I've just ordered a hump hose to try on the top IC connection) I'll post up a list of parts although the bottom pipe was one of Black beasts so you will...
  24. Replies
    Views

Top pipe was an eBay special, came of these guys....

Top pipe was an eBay special, came of these guys.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sheffieldperformance

I haven't even had to shorten it so the beads have remained intact.
  25. Replies
    Views

Mocked up RIP kit

To try and distract myself from sh!7e bonnet I got for the R last week I decided to mock up the RIP kit that I have been clumsily putting together !

This was the motley collection of pipes and...
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready