Join Today

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I own an s60r so I think I can comment on...

I own an s60r so I think I can comment on this.Just try to buy one that has had some of the `biggie` repairs done.Angle gear,clutch,fuel pumps or shocks.mine has been pretty bullet-proof for the past...
  2. Replies
    Views

Thats very good for an R.Well done.Just an early...

Thats very good for an R.Well done.Just an early warning for you.When you get the clutch you`ll also,almost certainly,need a dual mass flywheel too.They always go.Remember get the clutch from Volvo...
  3. Replies
    Views

No problem Lee. First prepare an old plastic...

No problem Lee.
    First prepare an old plastic bottle to catch the old fluid.Make sure it can hold at least a litre of fluid.I used an old 2 litre bottle for coke,irn bru etc.Leave the bottle cap...
  4. Replies
    Views

No Problem.Try this ...

No Problem.Try this

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35829&highlight=COLOUR+CODED
  5. Allow me to comment.I`ve owned my R for nearly 3...

Allow me to comment.I`ve owned my R for nearly 3 years.
    The ownership experience can only be described as a rollercoaster.I`ve had the fuel pumps fail,angle gear seals fail,clutch and DMF...
  6. Thread: 2005 v70r

by STEVO RRR
    Replies
    Views

As an R owner for nearly 3 years I have had all...

As an R owner for nearly 3 years I have had all the problems you speak of.The angle gear parts are less than a £100 + a liquid gasket.All it is are seals and gaskets.Not a biggie.IMHO an R is far...
  7. Replies
    Views

DEFINITELY A BELT.I believe the change is due at...

DEFINITELY A BELT.I believe the change is due at 96k as on my S60R.Or every 6 years.
    Deffo get the belt from Volvo.They are the best belts in the business.My mate ran a dragster and most dragster...
  8. Replies
    Views

Colour Coded S60R.WHADAYATHINK?

Just colour coded my R and fitted a more aggressive looking grille.Its shouldnt NEED to be done on a 35k car but there you go.

As far as I know.This is the only colour-coded Cosmos blue R in the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Hi James.Just reinstalled the ECU today and...

Hi James.Just reinstalled the ECU today and nearly had a heart attack.Started ok and idled but on driving it it hiccuped badly,then the electrical service reqd light came on then she cut out and...
  10. Replies
    Views

Top Man.The proper box.CEM stands for central...

Top Man.The proper box.CEM stands for central electronic module.Its behind the dash but you get to it through the engine bay.Under the windscreen cowling I believe.
    It sounds like a problem with the...
  11. Replies
    Views

I`m in aberdeen.Theres a company up...

I`m in aberdeen.Theres a company up here(Scotland) called `Blasted alloys`.No number to tell you but they are mobile and fix them in the back of a fully equipped van.I was quoted £50 a corner.I think...
  12. Replies
    Views

Nice one.To fail your car because of tyre contact...

Nice one.To fail your car because of tyre contact made months or possibly years earlier was frankly ridiculous.As buyers we are constantly told not to take a valid MOT as proof of roadworthiness as...
  13. Replies
    Views

The reason theres no noise is that the tyres have...

The reason theres no noise is that the tyres have worn down.The fouling marks were done when the tyres were new.I have an S60R on 235/18inch wheels and they are still rubbing.A T5 needs 225 tyres so...
  14. Replies
    Views

Dont most S60 and V70 tyres rub?More so on the...

Dont most S60 and V70 tyres rub?More so on the nearside probably.You have a choice.Fit narrower tyres or fit 3mm wheel spacers but these are not normally sold by Volvo as they do not recommend...
  15. Replies
    Views

All S60`s have sensors for TC and it could indeed...

All S60`s have sensors for TC and it could indeed be one failing.Bear in mind though it could be caused by something else including the slave cylinder in the clutch assembly.
    My S60R wouldnt go...
  16. Thread: Pics of my R

by STEVO RRR
    Replies
    Views

Pics of my R

Not bad for 104k
    Steve
  17. Replies
    Views

R back on the road the trilogy.

Right.Done.The turbo pipe was not connected properly.Now Re-attached everything is peachy.She`s purring like a kitten.
    Still may have an issue with the battery but I`ll see how it goes.

Steve.
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready