Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

If coolant was leaking directly at the turbo and...

If coolant was leaking directly at the turbo and into the exhaust, the car would be undriveable! You would have plumes of white smoke from the exhaust, so I guess, you can rule that one out.

If...
  2. Replies
    Views

255g/s is enough air for approx 320bhp. I would...

255g/s is enough air for approx 320bhp. I would be checking for boost leaks first.
  3. Replies
    Views

Rear silencer could have collapsed. There's a...

Rear silencer could have collapsed. There's a thread somewhere where somebody cut in half the rear section of the exhaust to see that the filling of the silencer had collapsed causing blockage to...
  4. Replies
    Views

If you are down this way I know someone who can...

If you are down this way I know someone who can help too
  5. Replies
    Views

A Cooling system pressure test kit can test the...

A Cooling system pressure test kit can test the cap as well as the cooling system.
  6. Replies
    Views

Just gonna add my own experience here. I had a...

Just gonna add my own experience here.

I had a mystery leak too. It started as top-up (warning lamp) once a month and randomly progressed to a couple of times a week.
    I took it to my mate who did...
  7. Replies
    Views

Could it possibly be showing a large coolant loss...

Could it possibly be showing a large coolant loss after initial filling due to air locking in the system. You don't say over what sort of mileage or timescale you are losing the coolant or indeed how...
  8. Replies
    Views

There is one test you have not performed! A...

There is one test you have not performed!

A cooling system pressure test.

I have one as I'm sure Tim does too. We would be able to pressurise your cooling system with the engine off up to about...
  9. Replies
    Views

If you have a large coolant loss and no coolant...

If you have a large coolant loss and no coolant smell in the cabin or combustion gas in the coolant it must be possible to see where it's going. You have a very obvious external leak that you just...
  10. Replies
    Views

To do a refresh, bearings, water pump, cam belt...

To do a refresh, bearings, water pump, cam belt kit, piston rings, stem seals and valve clearances the parts come to about £1000.

I wouldn't advise rebuilding an engine that has an undiagnosed...
  11. Replies
    Views

I've had engine work done by Shemtek in...

I've had engine work done by Shemtek in Nottingham, can recommend him. Tim Williams is also in that area although I've never used him directly he's done work on 2 cars I've owned & has a very good...
  12. Replies
    Views

To be fair, your going to need a sniffer test...

To be fair, your going to need a sniffer test kit, cooling system pressure test kit and a laser thermostat to have any chance of accurately diagnosing this problem. My advice to you is to get the car...
  13. Replies
    Views

My thermostat opens at 88 degree , so is the...

My thermostat opens at 88 degree , so is the level dropping still ?. The steam from the exhaust is hard to say is it from burning the petrol or coolant.
  14. Replies
    Views

If you've drained the system then the BARS leak...

If you've drained the system then the BARS leak will be drained also!
    You don't need to pressure test the cylinders, you need to pressure test the cooling system. It will help to do a sniffer test...
  15. Replies
    Views

I'd be inclined to agree with everything 960kg...

I'd be inclined to agree with everything 960kg has said. If you've already used a leak inhibitor and it stopped the leak then, unless it's leaking from a hose join that you can easily disturb, you...
  16. Replies
    Views

The Bars Leaks you put in should still be in the...

The Bars Leaks you put in should still be in the hole or crack that it previously blocked as it circulates with the coolant and becomes operative on finding these and will harden in the hole or crack...
  17. Replies
    Views

Any luck finding where it's going ?

Any luck finding where it's going ?
  18. Replies
    Views

It should be quite easy to see that amount of...

It should be quite easy to see that amount of loss.

Does it produce a lot more steam when idling than other cars and have very hard coolant hoses when running? If so it may be the head gasket.
  19. Replies
    Views

Mine had the same issue until 2 weeks ago the...

Mine had the same issue until 2 weeks ago the expansion tank finally gave up... The leak was on the expansion tank, that had a small crack on the bottom. Check yours.
  20. Replies
    Views

Mine leaks at the bulkhead connections to the...

Mine leaks at the bulkhead connections to the heater matrix (in the engine bay) it's quite hard to see but you can feel it.
  21. I'm guessing (from taking mine apart) that...

I'm guessing (from taking mine apart) that they're probably the same as the upper bolts for which there are two part numbers listed (different lengths). Have you any originals to compare?

If so...
  22. It could've been the leaking boost pipe that...

It could've been the leaking boost pipe that covered everything with oil, it gets messy when boost escapes.
  23. The bottom bolts do not unscrew all the way. You...

The bottom bolts do not unscrew all the way. You just rest the manifold onto them as a guide to fitting in the correct place. You only fully remove the top bolts.

If you've removed the manifold,...
  24. check the hose between the turbo and the rip pipe...

check the hose between the turbo and the rip pipe is on tight as this has a habit of coming loose
  25. Replies
    Views

As above or noisy flywheel they klunk when drive...

As above or noisy flywheel they klunk when drive engaged, either way might be box off job.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready