Join Today

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Gearbox oil

by Wally Dog
    Replies
    Views

I think im going to use the genuine Volvo stuff -...

I think im going to use the genuine Volvo stuff - I've read everything from 75/80, 75/90, 5w30 engine oil, DexronII, Dexrin III, synthetic, semi synthetic and full mineral.

My brain now hurts so...
  2. Mate, that would be blinding as I really don't...

Mate, that would be blinding as I really don't know where to start and if something looks out of place or not!

Problem is, I'm all booked up until I get married now - Monday night with a dance...
  3. Replies
    Views

Insurance is a funny one as your occupation,...

Insurance is a funny one as your occupation, address, value of car, etc all make up the rating. Some underwriters will ignore up to two SP30 convictions while others won't touch you at all with one...
  4. Replies
    Views

It's such a shame that Steve (dalhousie2008) has...

It's such a shame that Steve (dalhousie2008) has been banned from this site - he sold me my springs for £100 for the lot, only 1 year old off a car he was breaking. They will come up on this site if...
  5. I use Zymol - get it cheap from Halfords and you...

I use Zymol - get it cheap from Halfords and you really do have to do one pannel at a time, rather than slap it on all over then buff it off. Gives a brilliant deep shine that I haven't been able to...
  6. Replies
    Views

Ha ha - that's what I do - squeaking has started...

Ha ha - that's what I do - squeaking has started to appear from clutch - volume up to compensate!!!!

It's not the top mount by any chance?
  7. Replies
    Views

Yep, I have 2 N reg 855 T5's - one is older type...

Yep, I have 2 N reg 855 T5's - one is older type and one is newer type. Older type also has an extra ECU bolted to the right hand turret - something to do with the ABS I think. And the OBD II socket...
  8. Replies
    Views

Thanks for the advice chaps - I am going to have...

Thanks for the advice chaps - I am going to have a tinker next week and back it off a little as I have had the fuel cut chip in once and I am being careful with the loud pedal too!
  9. Replies
    Views

A BIG thanks for help and stuff...

I just wanted to take a second to express my greatest thanks to everyone on the site for help, advice and inspiration.

Special mention has to go to "Steve the parts pimp" for all the shiny stuff,...
  10. Replies
    Views

Right - got a MBC from Rob (Oblark) yesterday -...

Right - got a MBC from Rob (Oblark) yesterday - it's a two port one that's gone in between the BCS and the actuator - FFFEEEEEAAAARRRRCCCCHHHHHIIIIIINNNNNNNEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL - what a...
  11. Replies
    Views

Lookin good matey, like the paint job but to be...

Lookin good matey, like the paint job but to be honest, I don't think they're the right wheel for a 4x4 or a V70 - of which yours is clearly both!! (but then again, I put Amaltheas on mine so who am...
  12. Replies
    Views

I got the ICV from my scrapper, sprayed the...

I got the ICV from my scrapper, sprayed the little @@@@@ and shook as advised - worked a treat. Swapped that and to start off, the idle was about 1300rpm, but was starting to settle after a 15 mile...
  13. Replies
    Views

cheers for this, asking as I wanted to see what...

cheers for this, asking as I wanted to see what OEM upgrades I could consider once Ive got me 850 T5...alloys and bumpers seem like obvious choice for outside.

So the cams are the same in both...
  14. Thread: caught fire

by Wally Dog
    Replies
    Views

I had a similar thing quite a few years ago -...

I had a similar thing quite a few years ago - insurance would not cover it as I'd only overheated the wiring, it didn't actually catch fire. Sorry to say I can feel your pain. Good luck with...
  15. Replies
    Views

Sound advice - would you recommend any particular...

Sound advice - would you recommend any particular route to aim for - 2nd hand T5R suspension or is there a good after-market option?
  16. Replies
    Views

Ha ha, wicked, that's why I love forums, everyone...

Ha ha, wicked, that's why I love forums, everyone has different perspective! In an ideal world, I'd love some T5R wheels but the scrapper that I have in Chichester has 2 17" Amaltheas on it already....
  17. Replies
    Views

Newbie - where do you start?

Hello fellow Volvo enthusiasts. I have recently been given a 1996 850 T5 which was my Uncle's for the last 14 years. It has 228000 miles on the clock but pulls like a train, so I've decided to keep...
  18. Replies
    Views

I had a problem with mine on my 850 T5 - I...

I had a problem with mine on my 850 T5 - I changed the indicator stalk for one from a scrapyard and all was well.
  19. Replies
    Views

nope, not yet - I'm gonna start stripping off my...

nope, not yet - I'm gonna start stripping off my scrapper next week and see what's best. I'll check that sort of stuff out and keep the pipes in best condition.
  20. Replies
    Views

Not bad mate - I just got myself an N reg T5...

Not bad mate - I just got myself an N reg T5 Estate Manual for £200!! I'm having the turbo (to re-build and then replace mine), headlights, windscreen, steering rack, and a load of niggly bits, then...
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready