Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Boost issues?

by glock19
    Replies
    Views

You didn't mention RPM or acceleration feel....

You didn't mention RPM or acceleration feel. Boost is a restriction to airflow. The more airflow (to the engine) you have, the less boost is captured at the manifold. When the charged air is consumed...
  2. Replies
    Views

The dirty cylinder walls (1,2,3) could be stuck...

The dirty cylinder walls (1,2,3) could be stuck oil rings on the pistons. Was the car smoking prior to this ? Did you get alot of blow-by ? What boost were you running ?
  3. Replies
    Views

The TCV is always open (from turbo compressor...

The TCV is always open (from turbo compressor snail to wastegate) unless the ECU fires some PWM voltage to hold boost. As mentioned 100% DC is fully closed and 0% is fully open.

Now on the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Get a medium size syringe, plug it parallel to a...

Get a medium size syringe, plug it parallel to a boost meter with the actuator hose.
    When pressuring the syringe, see if there is movement on the actuator, in comparisson to the boost meter. Some...
  5. If you go through your local agent, remind them...

If you go through your local agent, remind them to specifically remove the rev-limiter as your auto wiring loom will have the P&P switch fixed at neutral/park, so your car can start. At these two...
  6. You can contact RICA as they did a software for...

You can contact RICA as they did a software for XC70 auto using a s60r engine (manual) for me. The ECU is still the xc70 but map has been converted for the manual.
  7. Thread: running issues

by glock19
    Replies
    Views

Did you check your fuel pump ? It's not broken...

Did you check your fuel pump ?
    It's not broken (since you can start it) but the petrol hose inside could have shrunk & leak back into the tank, and the motor feeding fuel to the upper (fuel pump)...
  8. Replies
    Views

Some pins on the ECU could be loose (poor...

Some pins on the ECU could be loose (poor contact) and after pulling and re-inserting the ECU, the contact came clean. Another area will be the ECU is limping but MIL is not on yet.
  9. Check if yours is an AW50-42 or AW55-50. Both can...

Check if yours is an AW50-42 or AW55-50. Both can be repaired, you just need to get the right guy to do it.
  10. Replies
    Views

You might need to switch some wires at the OBD...

You might need to switch some wires at the OBD port in order for the generic readers to work.
    The K-line is not in the right places.
    Now.... where did I put my schematics.
  11. Hey good to know it's back on the road. Mind...

Hey good to know it's back on the road. Mind telling how much it set you back ?
    It's true you wouldn't know what condition the donor units will be and yo might be back to square one.
    That's why I...
  12. Replies
    Views

On each individual exhaust outlet, the gases are...

On each individual exhaust outlet, the gases are coming out in pulses, not a continuous flow of air (unlike the intake manifold). Give me some time and I'll calculate the amount of exhaust...
  13. Replies
    Views

You drive too slow ... :D Carbon build-ups and...

You drive too slow ... :D
    Carbon build-ups and you just need an italian tune-up
  14. Replies
    Views

Fuel sender won't give you this problem. If it's...

Fuel sender won't give you this problem. If it's serious enough, then you get a CEL.
    When was the last time the air-filter has been checked ?
    Is the BCs/TCV knackered ?
    Last but not least, a...
  15. If there's no communication to the ECM, it's the...

If there's no communication to the ECM, it's the ECM itself.
    I've repaired a few units for a small fee but I'm a great distance from you guys, so that's out of the equation.
    You can take a CEM, ECM...
  16. Thread: chips

by glock19
    Replies
    Views

You may be running too rich at the low RPM range....

You may be running too rich at the low RPM range.
    Use the guide below to tune your fuel table
  17. Thread: chips

by glock19
    Replies
    Views

To remove the strap, use a saw blade to make a...

To remove the strap, use a saw blade to make a groove on the rounded rivet-like fastener. With the groove done, just use a "minus" screwdriver to remove the fastener (recycle it). The ECM (sitting in...
  18. Thread: chips

by glock19
    Replies
    Views

You'll need a hot air station for the M4.4. ...

You'll need a hot air station for the M4.4.
    Been there, done that but for the novice, get a mobile phone repairer to get it out for you
  19. Replies
    Views

I would use the original Volvo disc with Ferrodos...

I would use the original Volvo disc with Ferrodos / Carbotech
  20. Replies
    Views

Check out brickboard (or something similar) which...

Check out brickboard (or something similar) which shows you can't fit one in the older models unless you want to run the post turbo hose downwards. You have to put the hot side on the passenger side...
  21. Replies
    Views

Use an addidtional vacuum pump like the S60/s80...

Use an addidtional vacuum pump like the S60/s80 where a pressure switch will turn the vaccum motor on where there's a lack of vaccum in the servo or go hydraulic (like me) :D
  22. Replies
    Views

1st: Brickman, you need to use paragraphs :D...

1st: Brickman, you need to use paragraphs :D
    2nd : Someone did ask me to assemble an eBay chip for him and from my experience, it'll work with a 15G. But put a 18T/19T inside and you'll have boost...
  23. Replies
    Views

The vaccum/boost is coming from the intake...

The vaccum/boost is coming from the intake manifold (Christmas tree) near the throttle body.
    Look out for the white plastic hose, it'll lead through the firewall, underneath the steering coloumn and...
  24. Replies
    Views

Your original hose to the actuator could be...

Your original hose to the actuator could be leaking and thus the force to push the wastegate was reduced, giving you more boost. Sort of like an MBC. When you renewed the hose, every bit of pressure...
  25. Replies
    Views

Lambda lamp is the yelllow triangle outline by...

Lambda lamp is the yelllow triangle outline by green (or the other way round). It has a roman character inside which is the lambda sign. When the engine doesn't catch, it could be the immo, main...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready