Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Replaced the oil return seal again, as the other...

Replaced the oil return seal again, as the other one was clearly still weeping a bit. Tightened to 20Nm - which is 8Nm more than the book value. I am toying with the idea of an aftermarket ECU,...
  2. Replies
    Views

The pin hole in the inner CV boot is fixed. There...

The pin hole in the inner CV boot is fixed. There was a minor oil weep from the oil return which I have tweaked today.

However I am feeling a bit frustrated. One of the main issues was running...
  3. Replies
    Views

Shem is a good tuner - but really hard work....

Shem is a good tuner - but really hard work. Betsy was with him for the best part of 2 years & progress was painfully slow - I had more patience than most hospitals & saints combined - in the end I...
  4. Replies
    Views

Here is a sobering thought after the recent...

Here is a sobering thought after the recent euphoria. The 2014 graph on the dead MJA engine in red vs. the ShemTek engine in blue ( from Friday last) . I am giving away a lot of torque lower down -...
  5. Replies
    Views

Wow - What a Day!

I got to Sitech Racing in Dunfermline just before 1 pm. We put Betsy on the dyno & started fairly gently around 1.25 bar just to see what was going on. We did 14 runs in just under 90 minutes...
  6. Replies
    Views

like many bill boards - a lot has turned to...

like many bill boards - a lot has turned to social media groups instead.
  7. Replies
    Views

Our new house has a steep drive and getting in...

Our new house has a steep drive and getting in and out of the garage is a PITA, especially with the low ground clearance on BR coilovers. I finally finished the necessary ramps needed to get Betsy...
  8. Replies
    Views

3316633167 Wife overlocked a section of heat...

Wife overlocked a section of heat wrap to form a heat shield for the new AFR sensor loom. Fits nicely into the space. A bit of fettling to do (suspect that there is a small exhaust...
  9. Replies
    Views

33162331633316433165 The new actuator bracket...

The new actuator bracket has been painted and fitted now and the port on the W/G opened out to as much as possible. I've had the bung welded in to the downpipe and redone the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Picking Betsy up with new MOT and paint job from...

Picking Betsy up with new MOT and paint job from the body shop end of this week. Really looking forward to it. Once I've got her to Jedburgh - I can start trying to remediate the overboost and...
  11. Replies
    Views

Volvos never die - they just live off old ones....

Volvos never die - they just live off old ones.
    I used the opportunity to have some long overdue paintwork done on Betsy. Windscreen has been removed to sort the rust around the apperture...
  12. Replies
    Views

Well after looking through some recommendations -...

Well after looking through some recommendations - I went ahead and ordered the AEM X series AFR gauge from DemonTweeks - which comes with an ODBii pass-through connection. It has a very high sample...
  13. Replies
    Views

A long overdue update. I sent Betsy to Shemtek...

A long overdue update.

I sent Betsy to Shemtek back in March 2018. My Volvo SME list has grown shorter over time and I still like Shem, however communication over that time was protracted and...
  14. Replies
    Views

Not posted anything for a year.

GWE exhaust was replaced for one fabricated by ShemTek. There is a long list of additional work going on not just including replacing the fuel sender with an 850 so that a return line can be added....
  15. Thread: Rip kit

by Wobbly Dave
    Replies
    Views

You can have my old one for postage (ME7 right?)

You can have my old one for postage (ME7 right?)
  16. Replies
    Views

Moved on a bit.. 31613 I'd say I was 90% of...

Moved on a bit..
    I'd say I was 90% of the way there now. Still battling a few minor niggles - but the stupid rebuild following me bending the exhaust valves on #5 on the first cam cover fit...
  17. Replies
    Views

I haven't been entirely idle or lacking in...

I haven't been entirely idle or lacking in Wobblyness. https://drivetribe.com/p/EUQXEkuPS8Sm078waEjSSg/FSTNJ2LDSHqbqMlslB5Icg

Besides this I also fitted my bottom pulley (for the aux. belt) on...
  18. Replies
    Views

I have ordered the new crane now, so I am just...

I have ordered the new crane now, so I am just waiting for it to arrive.
  19. Replies
    Views

Happy New Year to all - I have done quite a bit...

Happy New Year to all - I have done quite a bit of reassembly over the last 3 months - most of which I have moaned and droned on about on my new project drivetribe channel (linky below).

Had some...
  20. Replies
    Views

The chassis is better in the Focus based CC IMHO...

The chassis is better in the Focus based CC IMHO but lacked any steering feedback - not something I felt was lacking in my coupe.

The weakness was the lack of stiffness in the chassis of the...
  21. Replies
    Views

Personally I would embrace the weaknesses in the...

Personally I would embrace the weaknesses in the handling and just enjoy the top down motoring. I wouldn't try to stiffen anything. I appreciate the C70 shape which is why I have both. If you really...
  22. Replies
    Views

sadly no poly bush option for front lower arms...

sadly no poly bush option for front lower arms AFAIK - plus the notion of trying to make a cabbie "tight" is some what futile, given the considerable skuttle shake.
  23. Replies
    Views

When I moved my miltec cat back from the 850R to...

When I moved my miltec cat back from the 850R to the black C70 - I had to chop a small section off the tube just behind the furthest rear box, because the bumper is curved and the exhaust tip sticks...
  24. Replies
    Views

Nearly forgot to mention I have taken delivery of...

Nearly forgot to mention I have taken delivery of the 15mm H&K wheel spacers and a set of elongated wheel bolts, so that the 17s will fit over. It increases the track width for better cornering. I am...
  25. Replies
    Views

And today my new sparco 4 point harnesses arrived...

And today my new sparco 4 point harnesses arrived to compliment the new cobra seats going in. Planning to use a harness bar, with a stripped interior (removed rear seats). The dash will be retained...
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready