Join Today

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Odd problem

by KPB
    Replies
    Views

Nope - about 50 yards and I was approaching a...

Nope - about 50 yards and I was approaching a queue of traffic where people approach very quickly from behind, and to be fair - I turn em off again when they arent needed!

Never bother with the...
  2. Replies
    Views

I've no problem with the space ball - seems quite...

I've no problem with the space ball - seems quite a sturdy box (lifted from the S60R I believe) with a short throw. Its not the slickest shift but positive.

I think I read somewhere that the...
  3. Replies
    Views

Well picked her up this morning, filthy dirty but...

Well picked her up this morning, filthy dirty but MOT'd and taxed. Passed with no advisories. Turns out the car has only done 3.5k miles in the last year, but has 3 dealer stamps per 16k miles...
  4. Replies
    Views

Cheers Turkish. Having re-read your first post I...

Cheers Turkish. Having re-read your first post I realise what you'd meant. I'd misunderstood 'FIRM' as being a mode in itself and thought '4-C' meant there were 4 modes.

I've slept since and...
  5. Replies
    Views

Just found out - they're called 'Orpheus' and are...

Just found out - they're called 'Orpheus' and are Volvo's own.
  6. Replies
    Views

Some good advice and info there fellas, thank...

Some good advice and info there fellas, thank you.

Ref the remap side of things, cheers for an alternative supplier. I wouldnt go back down the RICA route after paying £500 for a duff PPC and...
  7. Replies
    Views

Back in a volvo (nearly)

Well I guess it was only a matter of time.

Despite having a reliability nightmare with my last 01 S60 T5, I did enjoy the comfort and power so i've today done a 250 mile round trip to look at (and...
  8. Thread: My Boots V70 T5

by KPB
    Replies
    Views

Those Falken's have good reviews. You might want...

Those Falken's have good reviews. You might want to consider Kumho Ecsta 31's too. I was torn between the two for the rear of my 530d but plumbed for the latter. No complaints at all.

This site...
  9. Thread: D5 mpg

by KPB
    Replies
    Views

As a (semi) interesting comparison with an S60 D5...

As a (semi) interesting comparison with an S60 D5 competitor, my remapped 220bhp 530d manual returns 49mpg at 80% motorway/20% urban driving. Most of the motorway driving is 75-80mph.

This...
  10. Thread: Just a quicky.

by KPB
    Replies
    Views

I had to change the shoes on my S60 as the shims...

I had to change the shoes on my S60 as the shims had sheared right off on one side and were just rattling around. I think they'd perhaps bound on at some point.

Its a fiddly job to hold all the...
  11. Thread: Back from France

by KPB
    Replies
    Views

Wind resistance? (outside the car, not inside...)...

Wind resistance? (outside the car, not inside...)

My S60 with the RICA gave slightly better mpg but I think that was due to having to use a lighter throttle in urban environments. On a longer trip...
  12. Replies
    Views

My recently departed S60 T5 with 101k is...

My recently departed S60 T5 with 101k is currently for sale at £3.5k at a dealer in Nhants. Adjusting the value for mileage and the extra storage of an estate, then I think the ballpark figure he's...
  13. Replies
    Views

Nah, I briefly regretted selling the S60, but...

Nah, I briefly regretted selling the S60, but that was more based on disappointment with the overall experience. In hindsight, whilst there were a few enjoyably eye-widening moments whan the RICA was...
  14. Replies
    Views

Fantastic news. Suddenly I miss my recently...

Fantastic news. Suddenly I miss my recently departed RICA S60!
  15. Thread: PPC Problems

by KPB
    Replies
    Views

I had shedloads of problems with mine too. Froze...

I had shedloads of problems with mine too. Froze on first use, claimed it wasnt matched with my car on the second use and locked itself completely (Farnfield had used it successfully right in front...
  16. Thread: Down on power?

by KPB
    Replies
    Views

Well the car is back to rude health - worn...

Well the car is back to rude health - worn suspension bush and ropey clutch excepted - and boy does she feel fast after two weeks driving through treacle!

Dave did a great job although admittedly...
  17. Thread: Down on power?

by KPB
    Replies
    Views

Fitted the new MAF this evening - the car is much...

Fitted the new MAF this evening - the car is much better. Throttle response at low revs in particular. Its still not back to normal tho, so its into DPA tomorrow for some expert help.
  18. Replies
    Views

[QUOTE=dave stew;215552]I take it you're getting...

[QUOTE=dave stew;215552]I take it you're getting the good people at DPA to do it? RICA 280?
    QUOTE]

Farnfield Garages nr Southwell/Mansfield are also excellent. I had my RICA 310 done there. They...
  19. Replies
    Views

I have a Pipercross panel filter. I fitted it a...

I have a Pipercross panel filter. I fitted it a couple of weeks before my RICA remap. It seemed to rev slightly more smoothly but there are very little difference in overall performance. I suppose it...
  20. Replies
    Views

I dont have a BSR but do have a RICA 310 ppc. Its...

I dont have a BSR but do have a RICA 310 ppc. Its a sturdy bit of kit, very easy to use and basically the same map as the usual RICA 310 upgrade, but with the ability to downgrade back to standard.
  21. Replies
    Views

Hey mate I've bought one in Dec 08. 01/Y with...

Hey mate

I've bought one in Dec 08. 01/Y with 94k and full service history, phone, black leather etc for £2700. I'm no expert in these cars but i'll gladly pass on what I've learnt.

I tried 4...
  22. Replies
    Views

Top man - thank you. I'll give it a bash tomorrow.

Top man - thank you. I'll give it a bash tomorrow.
  23. Replies
    Views

Excellent and balanced advice Jez. Many thanks.

Excellent and balanced advice Jez. Many thanks.
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready