Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

There is a sandwich plate between the block and...

There is a sandwich plate between the block and sump, there is no gasket between them but it has Volvo pink sealant, and yes it's a engine out, sump off and sandwich plate off.
  2. Replies
    Views

That's debateable mate! In my job on a daily...

That's debateable mate! In my job on a daily basis I see 16", 17", 18" and 19" tyres with sidewall damage caused by driving through potholes. All depends on the size of the hole and the speed at...
  3. Replies
    Views

Sounds to me like yours was never working 100%. ...

Sounds to me like yours was never working 100%.

Four-C was just a name for the electronic suspension (Continuously Controlled Chassis Concept).
    Trying to 'disconnect' it from the car is...
  4. Replies
    Views

I'd be very careful as they look like copies of a...

I'd be very careful as they look like copies of a Monroe shock, not genuine!
    Personally, I'd rather pay more and get genuine than risk a cheap knock off copy.

The clues in the title....'OE...
  5. Replies
    Views

I'm gonna try the resistor mod and go coilovers...

I'm gonna try the resistor mod and go coilovers on the s60r or decent shocks and springs never been a massive fan of the 4c
  6. Replies
    Views

If you have a good search on the internet, you...

If you have a good search on the internet, you can get some good deals on the 4C Shocks.

(X2 Front monroe shocks) - £325.00...
  7. Replies
    Views

Shimming is easy and not terrible money same cost...

Shimming is easy and not terrible money same cost as head gasket and stops liners from splitting. I've put a sub in mine and it's a straight forward fit if the cable is there already. A lot of the...
  8. Replies
    Views

With 4c your looking at about £400-500 a corner...

With 4c your looking at about £400-500 a corner supplied & fitted for a fully rebuilt suspension from abn independent using Monroe shocks but Volvo springs. It'll be more if you have to buy your...
  9. Replies
    Views

After about 40k of brisk use new R springs tend...

After about 40k of brisk use new R springs tend to sag reducing the ride height by about 15mm. If old springs are retained with new shocks the shocks last considerably less time.

I think it's...
  10. That flowchart looks good for confirming whether...

That flowchart looks good for confirming whether the ETM needs replacing but for anything else I personally would be suspicious of it. Sounds like you have confirmed the ETM is OK though so that is a...
  11. So it's a cold start issue!! Your car, like...

So it's a cold start issue!!

Your car, like all modern day cars without a manual choke, relies on the opening and closing of the injectors to control the amount of fuel. More fuel on cold starts...
  12. There is an ex-volvo guy in Southwick, garage is...

There is an ex-volvo guy in Southwick, garage is named Scotts bank motors he might be able to help diagnose correctly

Or failing that there is a Volvo main dealer near A19/A1231 junction (Mill...
  13. Replies
    Views

Some of the problems I had with mine in the 6...

Some of the problems I had with mine in the 6 years I was running it (currently off the road, I will explain in a mo)

The connecting sleeve between the angle gear and the gearbox wore down the...
  14. Replies
    Views

Royal Steering Wheels do good work although he...

Royal Steering Wheels do good work although he doesn't have any Volvo steering wheels pictured on his web site so it might be worth dropping him an email. I've just had my BMW wheel re-trimmed by him...
  15. degrease the sub-frame - repaint it even?

degrease the sub-frame - repaint it even?
  16. Itsounds like theturbo return pipe seal is...

Itsounds like theturbo return pipe seal is leaking. This pipe runs from the bottom of the turbo to the back of the block and has a seal on the end which eventually wears and leaks (blowing oil up...
  17. Not seen you for a while Mark, why don't you...

Not seen you for a while Mark, why don't you bring it down the garage and i'll tell you exactly where the leak is.

99 R AWD only came in auto
  18. PCV system, Clean the inlet manifold, replace all...

PCV system, Clean the inlet manifold, replace all the engine mounts, inspect (and upgrade?) the turbo.

If it's the rear main seal (crank) then the gearbox and flywheel will have to come off -...
  19. Thread: R logo picture

by macV70R
    Replies
    Views

Did you get sorted with your logo mate ? I'm not...

Did you get sorted with your logo mate ? I'm not on here as much as I used to be so !!!
    EPS files are basically line art/ vectors,it Doesnt matter how big you make them they don't pixxelate like a...
  20. Thread: R logo picture

by M-R-P
    Replies
    Views

This any use?...

This any use?
    http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/RR.jpg

Should reduce down nicely...?
  21. Thread: R logo picture

by M-R-P
    Replies
    Views

Just how big do you want to enlarge this?

Just how big do you want to enlarge this?
  22. Thread: R logo picture

by macV70R
    Replies
    Views

I think I have it as an eps file, which can be...

I think I have it as an eps file, which can be changed into any colours you want.
  23. Replies
    Views

TBH I am VERY fussy and they have returned me...

TBH I am VERY fussy and they have returned me something that I cannot distinguish from a brand new wheel. I have seen some really duff results at wheel refinishers and I think this lot are such good...
  24. Replies
    Views

Brand new Volans!!! Well, nearly... :)

At long last got my Volans back from refurbishment at Lepsons of Gillingham today. I promise I will post photos tomorrow - but fitted them in the dark so pictures would not have done them any...
  25. Replies
    Views

no way mate, only certain 16" wheels will...

no way mate, only certain 16" wheels will accomodate them
Page 1 of 2 1 2
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready