Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Yes

Yes
  2. Replies
    Views

You can still make it recirc by pressing "manual"...

You can still make it recirc by pressing "manual" - I know because my AQS is faulty too so I took it off to hoover it and tried the manual button a few times to ensure the flap closed. My afterblow...
  3. Replies
    Views

Starter motor. It's drawing to much current on...

Starter motor. It's drawing to much current on cranking which means the ECU thinks there is an electrical fault - always throws a crank position code and sends the rev counter all over the place as...
  4. Thread: will it work???

by jardon
    Replies
    Views

Same pads and calipers for 316, 320 and 336mm...

Same pads and calipers for 316, 320 and 336mm discs.
  5. Replies
    Views

noise vibration and harshness

noise vibration and harshness
  6. Replies
    Views

I liked my TTV/Kalmar flywheel. More rattle from...

I liked my TTV/Kalmar flywheel. More rattle from the transmission at idle and more transmission NVH under load relative to a DMF but otherwise all positive. If increased NVH is not an option then I...
  7. Thread: will it work???

by jardon
    Replies
    Views

Sweet.

Sweet.
  8. Thread: will it work???

by jardon
    Replies
    Views

Hub is aluminium and easy to drill. However, the...

Hub is aluminium and easy to drill. However, the steering deflectors are steel and I blunted several expensive 14mm bits before taking them to friend who used a very slow pillar drill which just...
  9. Thread: will it work???

by jardon
    Replies
    Views

I have 320's under my amaltheas and 336mm XC90...

I have 320's under my amaltheas and 336mm XC90 carriers ready for when they next need changing. Happy to send you the carriers if you want to try it (you will need the calipers obviously). Plod...
  10. Replies
    Views

Agreed but if I can use it I reckon it's a cheap...

Agreed but if I can use it I reckon it's a cheap DIY tool.
  11. Replies
    Views

Volvo chemicals and lubricants catalogue

I found this a few weeks ago while looking into manual transmission fluids. Could be a handy reference guide.

Compressed with low image quality: 21925

Link to full size file:...
  12. Replies
    Views

My VVT was out but it didn't take Tim long to...

My VVT was out but it didn't take Tim long to resolve the problem. Quite a few get incorrectly set up and I'm not even sure that all main dealers can get it right. Symptoms can be subtle but...
  13. Replies
    Views

Good effort chaps.

Good effort chaps.
  14. Replies
    Views

Have either of you sought the help of T5D5 and...

Have either of you sought the help of T5D5 and VOC on this issue - I'd recommend canvassing a wider audience as this is a small community and lots of the members on the other forums don't read/post...
  15. Replies
    Views

Glad you got that fuel pump fixed Dave. I've...

Glad you got that fuel pump fixed Dave. I've been pleased with my DW300 and I have mistreated it. Seems quite robust.
  16. Yes.

Yes.
  17. Check the pas fluid level and possibly flush it. ...

Check the pas fluid level and possibly flush it. Sounds like a bearing to me but there are several possibilities. Don't buy a gearbox (or anything else) until somebody has checked it. You have...
  18. Replies
    Views

Further to the above - my diagnostic process...

Further to the above - my diagnostic process tells me the stock bcs leaks at high boost at full duty. Taking some of the stress off the bcs with a boost restrictor works but makes boost control iffy....
  19. Replies
    Views

Try finding a wide smooth downhill stretch and...

Try finding a wide smooth downhill stretch and let it coast (clutch in) at around 50mph. Make some gentle swerves left and right to load up alternate wheel bearings and note if the sound is louder...
  20. Replies
    Views

Does the noise rise with rpm or vehicle speed? I...

Does the noise rise with rpm or vehicle speed? I know it can be hard to tell. Vehicle speed - diff to wheel bearing. Rpm - gearbox and engine. If it is transmission related that is. You wouldn't...
  21. Replies
    Views

Quick update - I fitted a yellow (9 psi) spring...

Quick update - I fitted a yellow (9 psi) spring in my actuator and ran it with the 0.8mm restrictor. It still spikes on spool up but would not hold anywhere near as much boost as with the red (17.5...
  22. Replies
    Views

1.2mm orifice gives 1.13 square mm cross section....

1.2mm orifice gives 1.13 square mm cross section. This reduces volume of flow by 5 times. I'd try that (cautiously).
  23. Replies
    Views

OK.. so I tested my statement and it's §§§§§§§§. ...

OK.. so I tested my statement and it's §§§§§§§§. I held it at WOT from 2000 rpm in 4th and at 3000 rpm it spiked to the almost the end of my 2 bar gauge. I say spike because it didn't stay there...
  24. Replies
    Views

0.8mm and it sits in the line between the...

0.8mm and it sits in the line between the compressor housing and TCV. I think a larger one would offer better boost control but I haven't got around to trying. I'm happy with it as is. I never...
  25. Replies
    Views

I would talk to Nigel Altiss - this sort of issue...

I would talk to Nigel Altiss - this sort of issue is right up his street. You could run it by Tim while you're there.

http://www.altiss.com/
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready