Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. The cars with K24s have gaskets on the turbine...

The cars with K24s have gaskets on the turbine housing. Running without them shouldn't cause a problem. If you removed the V band clamp holding the core to the turbine housing you must clean all...
  2. As Colin said, the turbo doesn't have a gasket....

As Colin said, the turbo doesn't have a gasket. Check the exhaust gaskets if they're the individaul type that there isn't one upside down, as that will cause a leak and is an easy and a quite common...
  3. turbo doesn't normally have a gasket as far as I...

turbo doesn't normally have a gasket as far as I can remember.
  4. Replies
    Views

Well the R arrived this morning on a low loader...

Well the R arrived this morning on a low loader and is tucked up into my yard, (my old T5 is eyeing it up very suspiciously !). I will have a good snout about the engine this weekend and clean and...
  5. I can't believe the price of a P2 clutch / Flywheel

Just had a quote from a local indy to do my clutch, dmf and slave. I nearly fell off my chair...

£1200 + VAT fitted :yikes:

Now I've seen the clutch for about 150, but the DMF is frightning -...
  6. Replies
    Views

Success with an ELM cable and ProScan.

After a bit of Googling and looking around the forum it seems the question of 'connecting' to the Phase2 models via the OBDII port is asked on a reasonably frequent basis, with often unclear answers....
  7. Replies
    Views

LINK...

LINK
  8. Thread: Stepping down.

by Justin
    Replies
    Views

Stepping down.

Hi all.

I would like you all to know that i have decided to step down from the admin side of things now that the new crew are in full swing. I will no longer be associated with the running of the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Have you disconnected the battery since youv'e...

Have you disconnected the battery since youv'e changed the MAF? when you diconnect the MAF the car should revert to a in built map so the car still runs if the MAF fails.

If you put the MAF on...
  10. Replies
    Views

As above. I clean my MAF with half a can of carb...

As above. I clean my MAF with half a can of carb cleaner. In short bursts so you don't get it too cold. I'm not brave enough to use cotton buds or anything - they're bloody expensive lol (the MAF,...
  11. Replies
    Views

sounds like the replacement maf is dead sir.

sounds like the replacement maf is dead sir.
  12. Replies
    Views

Genuine volvo = Bosch. Try your local motor...

Genuine volvo = Bosch.
    Try your local motor factor but insist on bosch.

Salut!

Pookie
  13. Replies
    Views

I found they weren't much dearer that my local...

I found they weren't much dearer that my local factors either.
  14. Replies
    Views

For the price of them I'd sooner have genuine.....

For the price of them I'd sooner have genuine.. Especialy if you pm RUFE and tell him your a member on here, you'll get a decent discount off the normal price.
  15. Replies
    Views

The only problem with concentric slaves is that...

The only problem with concentric slaves is that if they start to leak you obviously have to drop the box to replace it. If you were thinking about changing your external one to a concentric forget...
  16. Now, back to the car! coat the inside of the...

Now, back to the car!
    coat the inside of the wishbone hole with good ol' copperslip
    http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/polybushandshocks/DSCF6966.jpg
    Using your socket...
  17. Replies
    Views

Idler pulley gone, took belt with it!

Having had a full belt service (180k) done last Friday, I had my power steering suddenly dissapear last night.

On inspection, my new auxilliary drive belt was lying separated in the bottom of the...
  18. Replies
    Views

That's right, just the front drivers side wheel,...

That's right, just the front drivers side wheel, wheelarch lining, move the alternator, serp belt etc. I think the tensioners work differently. Was gonna do it myself, but didn't fancy getting it...
  19. Replies
    Views

If the piston is ok, just change the head.

If the piston is ok, just change the head.
  20. Replies
    Views

I had the front lambda go- didnt notice any smoke...

I had the front lambda go- didnt notice any smoke but the engine definately ran rough for the few days It wasnt fixed + had the management light on!
    Strong smell of petrol, but fixed with no lasting...
  21. Replies
    Views

Is it the original sensor? If it is and the car...

Is it the original sensor? If it is and the car is beyond 100,000 miles it's time for a new one anyway.
  22. How to Change your Turbo without removing the exhaust Housing.

Well as it has been mensioned a few times I thought I would post a quick guide on changing the Turbo withoutout changing the exhaust housing.

So when would this be advantageous? Well If you have...
  23. Replies
    Views

I think I read somewhere that it's under the door...

I think I read somewhere that it's under the door mirror, not sure which side. There's a little nodule which hangs down a bit which can be seen from the driver's seat below the door mirror casing on...
  24. Thread: Immobilised!

by Alans26
    Replies
    Views

What year is yours. It will be the same setup...

What year is yours. It will be the same setup till I think it was 2003 or 2004 models then they changed to another style which goes bad as well.
    But that fix works for all the...
  25. Replies
    Views

Sounds like th start of a dying abs controller. ...

Sounds like th start of a dying abs controller. You can bring it back to life with a soldering iron if you feel confident enough. http://www.freewebs.com/dacvolvo/absrepair.htm Look at this for...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready