Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Apologies for the awful formatting... I'm not too...

Apologies for the awful formatting... I'm not too savvy with forum posts.

Got some pics of how the heater core and distribution box looks in these later models. It's held together with a load of...
  2. Replies
    Views

Thanks for the kind replies all! It's been a...

Thanks for the kind replies all!

It's been a while since I did anything performance wise, other than turning up the boost a bit further. Now running 1 bar on the 15G with a V cam, pulls hard but...
  3. Thread: Camshaft seals

by Timo.
    Replies
    Views

Camshaft seals

Owing to confusion I have only done one of the seals.

Most parts outlets confusing call them "front" or "rear" camshaft seals which made me order one of each. When in fact, "front" means the cam...
  4. Replies
    Views

Glad to hear all is good with your valves and...

Glad to hear all is good with your valves and there clearences, I'd have loved to be able to help with info when I saw your post go up, but as I will freely admit, I know nowt about the good old red...
  5. Replies
    Views

I did have to tap mine to get it in, it does...

I did have to tap mine to get it in, it does 'click' into place, also put some oil on it so it slid in easier.
  6. Replies
    Views

Only other advice I can give is make sure...

Only other advice I can give is make sure everything is spotlessly clean and there isn't any carbon trapped in the piston ring groove etc.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
  7. Replies
    Views

I've rebuilt a couple, don't remember having to...

I've rebuilt a couple, don't remember having to force anything to install the shaft.
  8. Pump won't automatically be knackered as if it's...

Pump won't automatically be knackered as if it's got an external clutch it won't have been engaged if there is no pressure in the system so the pump won't have been spinning but it may have seized by...
  9. Replies
    Views

My god, I forgot I wrote this post. Think I even...

My god, I forgot I wrote this post. Think I even cried a bit that day, I worked on jets easier than this job lol.
    I just bought a new 1 from FRF Volvo, with the discount, don’t remember being too...
  10. Hi woz Yes I do I’m in clevedon. They’re an ass...

Hi woz
    Yes I do I’m in clevedon. They’re an ass pain!
  11. Replies
    Views

Yep, you've got it. :D If you spent as...

Yep, you've got it. :D

If you spent as much on cameras, as you do on manifolds, you might get some decent pictures. :hilarious
  12. The Japanifold is a nice 'upgrade' (though I...

The Japanifold is a nice 'upgrade' (though I don't know how much difference it makes) as it is opened up a lot more and the routing is slightly different and it drops straight in, as does the S60R...
  13. Replies
    Views

They are all interchangeable, I swapped a...

They are all interchangeable, I swapped a standard T5 one for a japanifold on my pre ME7 C70 T5.
  14. Volvo 850 T5 GT3071R dyno 437/436 whp/tq vasttuning.com Aaron

Runing on E85 and 28psi of boost

http://i.imgur.com/DGO27by.jpg
  15. Replies
    Views

Turn steering, Try start again

Hi guys,

not posted in a LONG time! Sold my S70 2.5T couple years ago, was a great car (S908 RBE)....anyone here got it?

I bought a 2008 S40 2.0D R Design SE Sport (needed the economy!), also a...
  16. Replies
    Views

SOLVED It was indeed the boot that goes around...

SOLVED
    It was indeed the boot that goes around the steering column. I thought I had been seated properly but on closer inspection obviously hadn't and now it's very silent!

Thanks for...
  17. Replies
    Views

It would be far quicker and easier to ask for the...

It would be far quicker and easier to ask for the parts you need rather than every interchangeable part. Brakes and suspension arms are interchangeable.
  18. Replies
    Views

Well, finally made a start on this car, I do...

Well, finally made a start on this car, I do still have it believe it or not!

The first job I wanted to do was replace the jammed sunroof (tricky job).

Got the headlining out easily enough, in...
  19. Replies
    Views

the capacity works as a frequency blocker, it...

the capacity works as a frequency blocker, it stops the tweeter trying to do frequencies out of its efficiency range (ie mid-range & bass) & creating distortion
  20. Hi Woz, You are right in your theories and as...

Hi Woz,

You are right in your theories and as for the advice so far given, they should be asking you for advice! Not you asking them :uglyhamme

Closed loop is basically the ECU fuelling real...
  21. Boost readings on a standard 850 dash gauge how do they compare?

So having the car tweaked after the engine build it got me wondering about the readings the standard 850 dash boost gauge shows approximately. I have pondered over getting an aftermarket gauge but...
  22. Replies
    Views

ive experimented with 3 or 4 systems as i cant...

ive experimented with 3 or 4 systems as i cant stand it being to noisey in the cabin but i like the burble of the 5 pot outside. by doing this i learnt so much about materials build quality and so...
  23. Replies
    Views

From this thread:...

From this thread: http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/44465-stock-swaybar-question/

ront sway bar part #s:
    9173982 O.Dia 20 mm (marked red)
    9173983 O.Dia 21 mm (marked yellow)
    9173471 O.Dia...
  24. Replies
    Views

there are 5 850 rear anti roll bars listed in the...

there are 5 850 rear anti roll bars listed in the pocket data book, but they dont give up the sizes that easily !

if i were taking a best guess it will be :

estate, non nivomat and nivomat...
  25. Replies
    Views

Mikalor are T bolt clamps which have a much wider...

Mikalor are T bolt clamps which have a much wider and thicker band to them and exert a higher clamping force to the pipework. To be honest on my set up they are overkill, the silicone hoses are a...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready