Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

You should be flushing the entire transmission...

You should be flushing the entire transmission every 5 years or 50,000 miles. I believe that volvo introduced this additional layer of servicing many years after production as “lifetime” fluid has...
  2. Replies
    Views

Note. When flushing using the Gibbons method take...

Note. When flushing using the Gibbons method take no more than 1.5 litres out and then put 1.5 litres in via the dipstick tube using a LONG flexible funnel. Ideally you need an extra pair of hands on...
  3. Replies
    Views

Yeah. 10 litres will do nicely. You can buy a...

Yeah. 10 litres will do nicely. You can buy a washing machine waste hose from a hardware store for a fiver. The rubber end of the hose fits snuggly over the upper radiator fitting. You will have to...
  4. Replies
    Views

Level diagram 33269

Level diagram 33269
  5. Replies
    Views

How have you come to the conclusion that the...

How have you come to the conclusion that the whole gearbox needs replacing? Flush the transmission fluid using the Gibbons method. If you have any concerns that the transmission is getting gunked up...
  6. Replies
    Views

B definitely

B definitely
  7. Thread: My Volvo V70 R

by uqj83l
    Replies
    Views

Wheels look fab.

Wheels look fab.
  8. Replies
    Views

I’ve just had 2 small leaks into my footwell in...

I’ve just had 2 small leaks into my footwell in both V70 and XC70. Here’s some images of the stuff I came across.
  9. Replies
    Views

The AC won’t produce 3” of water. You can whip...

The AC won’t produce 3” of water. You can whip off the trim in the passenger footwell and make sure the AC drain hose is connected. You can also cable tie the neck so it never pops off. The blower...
  10. Thread: Brakes Broke

by uqj83l
    Replies
    Views

If you have a few quid to burn buy some Snap On...

If you have a few quid to burn buy some Snap On FDX sockets. A 3/8” set from 8-19mm is commonly available. FDX stands for flank drive extra - this means they are an interference fit with socket...
  11. Replies
    Views

Also, if your car is a 2004 D5 surely it will be...

Also, if your car is a 2004 D5 surely it will be a Euro 3. That means it won’t have a dpf. Just a TWC- three way catalytic converter.
    You can unbolt the downpipe and wash it through with degreaser...
  12. Replies
    Views

Sounds like a split hose or charge pipe hose...

Sounds like a split hose or charge pipe hose popped off. Your guess is pretty good.
  13. Replies
    Views

Hi I’ve never had the A range faults. But that...

Hi
    I’ve never had the A range faults. But that may be because you are using a generic OBD2 fault code reader and not Vida. Vida is more specific.
    You could remove the turbo heat shield by undoing...
  14. Replies
    Views

I recently had a failing injector. It felt like...

I recently had a failing injector. It felt like the engine was chugging a bit and felt like a misfire at times. The car didn’t throw any fault codes. So I researched the issue and someone suggested...
  15. Replies
    Views

The transmission is cooled via the radiator. If...

The transmission is cooled via the radiator. If there is an internal failure it can kill your transmission. So consider bypassing the radiator and fitting an auxiliary air cooler for longevity.
  16. Replies
    Views

It’s interchangeable. I had a 1997 FWD P1 V70R...

It’s interchangeable. I had a 1997 FWD P1 V70R which was hit in the side on a roundabout. I went to a generic Volvo breaker and picked up a new rear beam as mine was bent after the accident.
  17. Replies
    Views

The lower headlight bolt is behind the bumper...

The lower headlight bolt is behind the bumper bracket. If you drill a 20mm hole through the bracket that’ll mean you never have to remove the bumper brackets to remove the headlights.
  18. Replies
    Views

Hi I can’t comment on the datalogging as I...

Hi
    I can’t comment on the datalogging as I haven’t got my car plugged in to compare. What I will say is that Vida fault trace is very reliable. When a part is beginning to fail it will flag up as...
  19. Replies
    Views

Spot on. £20 per hour is the norm. Gets cheaper...

Spot on. £20 per hour is the norm. Gets cheaper the longer you book, so 4 hours is £60 and 9 hours is £120 if that makes sense. Surprisingly you can get a lot done in just 4 hours because the access...
  20. Replies
    Views

Oil weep fix AWD angle gear

Hi Guys,
    Had oil weeping from my angle gear for a while now and finally got round to fixing it. Lucky I had a spare angle gear in my garage which I split open and sealed up first with some instant...
  21. Replies
    Views

On a different note I finally got round to...

On a different note I finally got round to fitting my Provent 200 catch can today. I found a bit of oil in my intake pipe so thought I’d do what I can to reduce the amount of oil mist in the intake...
  22. Replies
    Views

Hi Lee, fuel tank removal and refit is too much...

Hi Lee, fuel tank removal and refit is too much grief even when you have a 2 post lift! Instead I’m going to make sure I change the fuel filter annually with my oil service. It only costs a few quid,...
  23. Replies
    Views

I bought a variable angle jet wash nozzle, jet...

I bought a variable angle jet wash nozzle, jet washed the underside, allowed to dry, then used Bilt Hamber products such as Hydrate 80 rust killer, and UC clear spray which is breathable and doesn’t...
  24. Thread: D5 Decoke

by uqj83l
    Replies
    Views

No it doesn’t. But for the sake of £1.50 I fitted...

No it doesn’t. But for the sake of £1.50 I fitted the blanking plate for good measure just in case the software has a malfunction and it also stops air entering the EGR and causing any unwanted...
  25. Thread: D5 Decoke

by uqj83l
    Replies
    Views

Yes, but whoever does your stage 1 software will...

Yes, but whoever does your stage 1 software will also have to program the EGR as closed. Then you can fit a solid blanking plate without getting the “flow too low” fault come up.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready