Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: My 850R story

by Fixiebob
    Replies
    Views

My 850R story

Hi all

Just got my first R yesterday, it’s very tired looking but everything seems to work, well in a fashion took long time to free up rear left wheel.
    I rescued it from a farm in north of...
  2. Replies
    Views

there is a connector inside the bonnet area, a...

there is a connector inside the bonnet area, a bit fiddly to feed through with the plug on the end. Had to do it myself due to frayed wire internally where it went through the wing. Got not pics, but...
  3. Thread: Oh bugger

by Jamest5r
    Replies
    Views

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?51457-T...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?51457-T5-Engine&highlight=
  4. Replies
    Views

I wouldn't use wax oyl. We removed and stripped...

I wouldn't use wax oyl. We removed and stripped everything wire brushed and sanded down inner wings to remove any surface rust, rust inhibitor on, underseal And then waxed using dinnitrol products....
  5. Replies
    Views

as pedro says, 850 piece of cake or for the yanks...

as pedro says, 850 piece of cake or for the yanks a walk in the park, as for p2's, james's will always more complicated and will need it's own thread, to be able to remove a simple piece of plastic,...
  6. Replies
    Views

they weren't on my 850. As said, a couple of...

they weren't on my 850. As said, a couple of pop-rivets to drill out & plastic nuts to undo & pull. I did get told (on an American forum) that there structural lol
  7. Replies
    Views

Glad it looks like a simple fault find :)

Glad it looks like a simple fault find :)
  8. Replies
    Views

I'd say probably an earthing fault or dead battery

I'd say probably an earthing fault or dead battery
  9. Replies
    Views

Check your earth strap as well.

Check your earth strap as well.
  10. Replies
    Views

I would just add that to get the top cover off...

I would just add that to get the top cover off you really need to slice around the side of it with a stanley or craft blade. Do this carefully, firmly and deeply to get as much of it released as...
  11. How to replace an 850 pollen filter in pictures

1. Remove 3 torx-head screws on nearside scuttle-tray front.

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/charliepippin/Pollen%20FIlter/PollenFIlter001.jpg
    2. Remove 3 nuts from strut-brace where...
  12. Replies
    Views

Door handle is independent of the mechanism. It...

Door handle is independent of the mechanism. It might have just cam'd over the postion it supposed to br and now be on the wrong side. Undo the screws and refit the handle should fix it. I did it to...
  13. Replies
    Views

just two torx screws behind a small rubber cover,...

just two torx screws behind a small rubber cover, then the door handle just pulls out.
  14. Thread: hids

by Dangerous Dave
    Replies
    Views

They are a generic kit, so take a bit of fiddling...

They are a generic kit, so take a bit of fiddling to mount the ballasts and route the wiring into the headlamp unit. Wiring is simple, you just plug the factory bulb connectors into the ballast (via...
  15. Replies
    Views

Check out my old thread (so to speak) on this: ...

Check out my old thread (so to speak) on this:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24697&highlight=mcgard
  16. Replies
    Views

yes mate. I did my own on my S60 T5 earlier in...

yes mate. I did my own on my S60 T5 earlier in the year.changed all my lights for blue LED's. there were a couple of other cars on here who had it done. but I think. I may well be the only car on the...
  17. Replies
    Views

Although it is a bugger, it is nothing compared...

Although it is a bugger, it is nothing compared to having spent days drilling out wishbone bolts on my old Imps. I agree that penetrating oil can work to some extent. I would get a decent drift and...
  18. Replies
    Views

I usually just give them a good shaleighlying (...

I usually just give them a good shaleighlying ( say it slowly ) with WD40, leave it 5 minutes then if they are the sort with the threadless ends i give them a love tap with a 2lb lump hammer and a...
  19. Thread: Ball joints

by Tomcat
    Replies
    Views

Genuine every time if you can afford it, the ball...

Genuine every time if you can afford it, the ball joints last longer.
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready