Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Cold compression

by 960kg
    Replies
    Views

Although some state hot when doing compressions...

Although some state hot when doing compressions it is REALLY all relative.......when cooled off all the clearances will alter correspondingly.

I would say cooler is better for a more accurate...
  2. Replies
    Views

Mate, I had a list somewhere but could not find...

Mate, I had a list somewhere but could not find it - probably on a piece of paper somewhere. So did a search - found this here......
  3. Replies
    Views

Simon, You could try rubbing down with a coarse...

Simon, You could try rubbing down with a coarse W&D used wet, or emery, to remove the sandcast effect from teh calipers being sandcast. You will get rid of all the previous coatings AND level the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Right, it may be different for your car, as yours...

Right, it may be different for your car, as yours is a P1, but the part for a P2 is:

#31101355 - Service kit £10.40
    #1161842 Tape rattle and SQ £26.00

Labour £78.75

Total was £115 plus vat.
  5. Replies
    Views

I would also highly recommend that you let the...

I would also highly recommend that you let the job done by the dealership.
  6. Replies
    Views

No mate. Dealer changed mine and it only cost £75...

No mate. Dealer changed mine and it only cost £75 fitted.
  7. Replies
    Views

What your referring to is called a WHIPS bracket!...

What your referring to is called a WHIPS bracket!
    It's not expensive to replace as the part is fairly cheap, though I advise this is done by a main dealer. My local dealer replaced mine when my car...
  8. Replies
    Views

In my experience, it's the size of the mid box...

In my experience, it's the size of the mid box that makes or breaks an exhaust. The very reason aftermarket full systems are so expensive is because you're paying for all that fettling, tuning and...
  9. Thread: Hiss behind dash

by woz
    Replies
    Views

Hi Simon - who did your Zorrst in the end? I was...

Hi Simon - who did your Zorrst in the end? I was going to recommend Infinity in Yate, not that I have used them but my mate has for his kitcar, having previously had a very bad experience with one...
  10. Replies
    Views

From the pic below the triangle bits look like...

From the pic below the triangle bits look like they go on the top each side and attach to the bumper mounts (between the bumper bracket and the chassis rails, or to the body just behind the bumper...
  11. Replies
    Views

It's not just the gauge, you would also need a...

It's not just the gauge, you would also need a wideband sensor and a bung in the down pipe for the sensor.
  12. Replies
    Views

Try adjusting the seat forwards or back a bit so...

Try adjusting the seat forwards or back a bit so it's on different teeth..constant pressure from getting in out,breaking and acceleration could have simply worn,opened out the gear teeth. I knotice...
  13. Replies
    Views

Hmm, looking at some parts diagrams it seems it...

Hmm, looking at some parts diagrams it seems it goes through the bulkhead into the engine bay. This must be the ecu cooling pipework

Apparently air is directed from the a/c system into the bottom...
  14. Replies
    Views

Nice one! Something so simple....

Nice one!

Something so simple....
  15. Thread: Hiss behind dash

by htomi
    Replies
    Views

Perhaps its a long shot, but: Is this noise...

Perhaps its a long shot, but:
    Is this noise definitely coming from behind the dash?
    There is a rubber gromett plug thingy on the steering column where it connects to the boot under the pedals and...
  16. Replies
    Views

I'd have thought a vacuum leak in the servo would...

I'd have thought a vacuum leak in the servo would have some impact on the braking 'assistance', depends on how big the leak is. It would still operate, there would just be less of a vacuum to help....
  17. Replies
    Views

Brake servo? Apparently they can leak at the...

Brake servo?

Apparently they can leak at the bellows (grey bellows in pic below) under the dash behind the brake pedal. If you remove the drivers under dash cover you should be able to see it...
  18. Replies
    Views

if you thinks it's the exhaust fella get it up on...

if you thinks it's the exhaust fella get it up on a ramp with the engine running & hold a piece of tissue paper near all the joints/holes to see if any movement. or a BBQ lighter if you are feeling...
  19. Replies
    Views

Try clamping off the hoses that run to those two...

Try clamping off the hoses that run to those two items you mentioned, to see if the noise stops. Not the the brake servo though :)
    ...or...
  20. Replies
    Views

They don't look to be running lean but if you...

They don't look to be running lean but if you haven't driven it hard it won't be possible to see if it's lean when pushed.
  21. Replies
    Views

They are due a change, importantly they don't...

They are due a change, importantly they don't show signs of burning oil but they do show you drive like a pussy lol.
  22. Replies
    Views

Here's one of those mad colour charts that all...

Here's one of those mad colour charts that all look similar to me unless the plugs are FUBAR'd
  23. Thread: Clutch slip

by MoleT-5R
    Replies
    Views

An 850r clutch should easily be able to handle...

An 850r clutch should easily be able to handle the small increase in power and torque that any Rica map would give, as fare as I'm aware of.
  24. Thread: Clutch slip

by MoleT-5R
    Replies
    Views

This is what I've been running for the last few...

This is what I've been running for the last few years, the flywheel looked to be in good condition for the 270,000 miles it had covered and was fitted with an 850R clutch plate and an up-rated Sach's...
  25. Replies
    Views

You mean my 850TDi may not be making 500bhp? ...

You mean my 850TDi may not be making 500bhp?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready