Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

i think you should scrap it and get a 330 lol...

i think you should scrap it and get a 330 lol sorry mate i havent a clue on this the most modern car i ever owned is my current ovlov lol i dont do modern motors ;)
  2. Replies
    Views

Have you tried unplugging the maf?From what you...

Have you tried unplugging the maf?From what you saying O2 sensor 1 if messing around big time,when it goes 0.9 is the tolerance of rich fuel and then drops down to 0.1 is very lean.I had a 318 maf...
  3. Replies
    Views

sorry not make myself clear, yes diff is okay...

sorry not make myself clear, yes diff is okay mean't the shafts. 1.8 shafts are push fit into the diff and won't handle power of a 230 bhp motor for long. xr4 diff or cossie will handle power but i...
  4. Replies
    Views

i might be way off here but my 2p worth any on...

i might be way off here but my 2p worth any on diffs , the sierra came with 3 types of rear beam , the cossies has the different beams with the 2wd having the 7.5inch LSD and the 4x4 having the 7inch...
  5. Replies
    Views

:hihi:Quote: 'For no real reason other than I...

:hihi:Quote:

'For no real reason other than I felt like it at the time I decided to remove the rear door handles and fill them.
    Which resulted in my neighbours cars getting dusty... oops! ...
  6. Replies
    Views

keep up the good work mate ;)

keep up the good work mate ;)
  7. Replies
    Views

No worries,hope to c u at one of the meets even...

No worries,hope to c u at one of the meets even on a pushbike lol
  8. Replies
    Views

Keep it up mate.Have u got a new c70 yet?

Keep it up mate.Have u got a new c70 yet?
  9. Replies
    Views

Be good to see this completed, Well done Dave...

Be good to see this completed, Well done Dave watching with interest :B_thumb:
  10. Replies
    Views

i bought one back in august an 03 S60 with all...

i bought one back in august an 03 S60 with all the trim 175k now at 179k , i love it and i havnt had any problems with it mine needs a service though and i think i will clean out the mixer pipe just...
  11. Replies
    Views

Anything with over 130k or so on the clock will...

Anything with over 130k or so on the clock will be getting ready for an intercooler and probably a slave cylinder, clutch and possibly flywheel.
    Mostly it`s the usual Turbo Diesel related borkage...
  12. Replies
    Views

Has anyone mentioned the Clutch slave cylinder...

Has anyone mentioned the Clutch slave cylinder yet?
    Dave if you can get one that has already had the slave cylinder replaced that would be a bonus.
  13. Replies
    Views

Look for a face lift (usually has chrome trim in...

Look for a face lift (usually has chrome trim in bumper corners) started coming in around 54 plate, and has the black wheely bin lid on engine (grey was the 185 less economical engine) only other...
  14. Replies
    Views

Good thing about d5s is that its a reliable...

Good thing about d5s is that its a reliable engine, in the last 10years diesel engine have got more power but lost a lot of the reliability, but the d5 seems to be a stronger than most.
  15. Replies
    Views

when you take one for a test drive, give it a...

when you take one for a test drive, give it a good thrash (not just because it's not your car). If you get any vibrations higher up the rev-range then run away, the DMF needs changing
  16. Replies
    Views

Flip the menu on the info screen and look at the...

Flip the menu on the info screen and look at the average mpg. If it's under 35-39 ask when the mixer pipe was last done. If they say "I dunno" say it'll cost a few quid to get that sorted, knock some...
  17. Replies
    Views

believe me i spend hardly any time working on...

believe me i spend hardly any time working on Bonny (my D5), tbh i've never even changed the oil yet. D5's have got an electric throttle, but don't think its done via the usual ETM which has the...
  18. Replies
    Views

The electronic throttle problem, like the DIM was...

The electronic throttle problem, like the DIM was sorted for the models after 2003 mate. Never known of an issue with the throttle on a D5 at all. (different engine)
  19. Replies
    Views

i bought mine May 2009, & not regretted it at...

i bought mine May 2009, & not regretted it at all. Has had the DIM issue which my bro managed to sort(ish), & had to replace the intercooler which isn't a bad job to do yourself. As long as you give...
  20. Replies
    Views

Ok, the DIM problem is only with cars up to the...

Ok, the DIM problem is only with cars up to the end of 2003, '04 cars are fine in that department. After (iirc) 2007, the engines are less eficient.
    So, go for a D5 between 2004 and 2006 with a...
  21. Replies
    Views

I don't consider that she owes me anything. I...

I don't consider that she owes me anything. I bought her nearly 2 years ago for £1700 and have spent the usual amount on general maintainence and a stage 0.

If they are only going for peanuts, I...
  22. Replies
    Views

As said in my previous post......a T4 misfiring...

As said in my previous post......a T4 misfiring on boost is nearly always ignition, in fact most turbo motors.....why the T4 is fussy on plugs who know`s but now you can believe it, first hand...
  23. Replies
    Views

Even with forged rods, you can't bring in the...

Even with forged rods, you can't bring in the boost too early. There are other weakness in the crank shaft and pistons and if the rods don't get bent/break, any detonation (due to high boost, low...
  24. Replies
    Views

i would mate,like i said before its really not...

i would mate,like i said before its really not worth it!! not that im jealous or anything :cussing:
  25. Replies
    Views

Bring in mega boost whenever you like, the joy of...

Bring in mega boost whenever you like, the joy of forged rods.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready