Join Today

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

My friend uses wet sandpaper and hard cut e.g....

My friend uses wet sandpaper and hard cut e.g. 'scratch remover' type polishing compound to renew plastic type headlight lenses.
    My advise would be to use 1500-2000-3000 wet sandpaper - obviously...
  2. Replies
    Views

I buy Bosch parts from ...

I buy Bosch parts from http://www.buycarparts.co.uk/ try and pay with PayPal as their credit card process is weird I guess due to being victims of online fraud.

Leads from PartsForVolvo,...
  3. Replies
    Views

I just bought Bosch HT leads, rotor and...

I just bought Bosch HT leads, rotor and distributor cap for my 850 T5, they turned up yesterday - it was less than £100 delivered...

If I'd gone with high quality non OEM parts it could have been...
  4. Replies
    Views

Use genuine plugs and I'd be very careful fitting...

Use genuine plugs and I'd be very careful fitting pattern parts especially where dizzy caps, HT leads and rotor arms are concerned. From experience, they tend to not fit well, leads are way too long...
  5. Replies
    Views

worth doing the pcv whilst the manifold is off...

worth doing the pcv whilst the manifold is off and you can get to it easily, if it hasn't had it done recently
  6. Replies
    Views

If the injectors were leaking and over fuelling...

If the injectors were leaking and over fuelling the cylinders then you'd have loads of dark grey smoke from the exhaust and the plugs would be black. Over Fueling does not burn out plugs but the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Burned up electrodes is usually lean rather than...

Burned up electrodes is usually lean rather than rich, you could do a flow back test on the injectors to check they are all working properly .
  8. Replies
    Views

as MRP said might be running lean..maybe...

as MRP said might be running lean..maybe injectors needs a clean? could that elbow be letting air in although that wouldn't explain only 2 pots being affected
  9. Replies
    Views

Might be running a bit lean on 1 and 2?

Might be running a bit lean on 1 and 2?
  10. Have you checked the PCV vacuum pipe that goes to...

Have you checked the PCV vacuum pipe that goes to the end of the inlet manifold (behind the steering pump)?

On mine the elbow which connects the plastic pipe to the manifold had perished and was...
  11. Replies
    Views

Hi All, Apologies for my delayed reply. There...

Hi All,

Apologies for my delayed reply. There is still a lot going on in the background.

Thank you Justin and Emlyn for your posts and thank you for the support you've shown over the last few...
  12. Replies
    Views

New management for VPCUK

Hi all,

As you are aware there have been some mod changes over the past week and different people involved in the running of the site and forum.

The reason for this is that due to work...
  13. Replies
    Views

Just in case no one has mentioned it re the...

Just in case no one has mentioned it re the tensioner close the pin very slowly with a vice do not try and rush/force it closed :)
  14. Replies
    Views

personally i wouldnt do it if your not too sure as it will be a very costly mistake if you get it wrong............
    it is an easy job if you know what your doing,like any job if you know what your...
  15. Replies
    Views

not 2 big a job just make sure the timeing marks...

not 2 big a job just make sure the timeing marks line up..and some thing 2 compress the pin..lol
  16. Replies
    Views

It's been breathing to much of that clean sea air...

It's been breathing to much of that clean sea air down there in Ilfracombe, that's your problem. Try a run to Weston that will really make it feel ill :)
  17. Replies
    Views

This isn't the same stuff (can't find it) however...

This isn't the same stuff (can't find it) however it sounds like it'll give the same result..

Ebay Linky
  18. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Posted scanner today to "wellsy" also included a...

Posted scanner today to "wellsy" also included a copy of the manual.

Who's next?
  19. Replies
    Views

VPCUK codereader for loan

Hello fellow VPCUK-ers,

I was thinking of a way to give a little something back to the VPCUK community, which has been so helpful to me over the last few years - particularly recently with my...
  20. Replies
    Views

assuming it is the bulbs its not difficult, there...

assuming it is the bulbs its not difficult, there are about 5 IIRC

and (But don't hold me to this) part number is 30618290

Rufe should be able to help (SC802 and 805 have same bulbs, little...
  21. Replies
    Views

Should do your cars OBD11 complient i bought a...

Should do your cars OBD11 complient i bought a similar reader a while ago reads all the generic OBD11 codes
  22. Replies
    Views

Hi Wellsy, when i did mine, i just undone the...

Hi Wellsy, when i did mine, i just undone the grub screw afew turns and the door should slide up and off real easy. Be ready for the weight of the door though, they aint light.

Dicky.
  23. Replies
    Views

if you open the door on the hinge you'll find a...

if you open the door on the hinge you'll find a little grub-screw near the top, this is basically keeping the 2 parts of the hinge together & stopping the door from lifting off. Warning tho it won't...
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready