Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

you're in the same boat as me then! the only...

you're in the same boat as me then!

the only thing i can think of, when changing the pcv the bottom hole in the block might not have been properly cleaned out.

I'm going to take off the inlet...
  2. Replies
    Views

Are you sure it is the valve stem seals? ...

Are you sure it is the valve stem seals?

Personnally I have never known a white block to need replacement seals, even at very high mileages...

I would be looking more towards a blocked PCV or...
  3. Thread: gear box oil

by LeeT5
    Replies
    Views

Impossible to say whether it needs doing unless...

Impossible to say whether it needs doing unless you have owned the car from new and never bothered! If your not sure then always best to change anyway. It is easy mate. Just need to locate the drain...
  4. Replies
    Views

As pedro said that's pretty normal. As long as...

As pedro said that's pretty normal. As long as your motor isn't using excessive amounts of oil I wouldn't worry. I rebuilt my lump a few years ago and my oil consumption went from a litre a...
  5. Thread: oil in pipeing

by orse
    Replies
    Views

Out of interest if there was quite abit of oil...

Out of interest if there was quite abit of oil could it be possible the pcv could need replacing?
  6. Replies
    Views

no thats fine, oil from the PCV (positive crank...

no thats fine, oil from the PCV (positive crank vent) is fed back into the air intake pipe before the turbo so it will go thru the boost piping
  7. Thread: injectors

by p fandango
    Replies
    Views

going by what Google found yes they just changed...

going by what Google found yes they just changed the colour

if your just running the off-the-shelf remap with the factory engine & turbo then i'm sure its designed to use the stock injectors,...
  8. Thread: injectors

by p fandango
    Replies
    Views

according to what i could find they actually...

according to what i could find they actually changed the colour from white to red so looks like its the same
  9. Thread: idle screw

by AlanG
    Replies
    Views

Mechanic to trade buddy but chucked it around the...

Mechanic to trade buddy but chucked it around the time these cars came out. Everything I know(well almost) about these cars,I learned from the good people on here. Was a member of the VOC but least...
  10. Thread: idle screw

by AlanG
    Replies
    Views

Defo put it back. Not sure where you could get a...

Defo put it back. Not sure where you could get a pressure test buddy. Mine was leaking and just went through each pipe till I found the rogue one. There aren't that many although if you have cruise...
  11. Thread: 1200 rpm

by AlanG
    Replies
    Views

Not necessarily my friend. Rule out all the usual...

Not necessarily my friend. Rule out all the usual suspects first. I know I've said it before but vacuum leaks are these cars bugbear. Once that is done,ICV. Trottle tubes get gunged up. You'll get...
  12. Thread: 1200 rpm

by AlanG
    Replies
    Views

Electronic climate control buddy. When the...

Electronic climate control buddy. When the compressor is engaged, the ecu compensates for the extra load.
  13. Thread: 1200 rpm

by Niles
    Replies
    Views

it may just be a simple case of the throttle...

it may just be a simple case of the throttle cable is wound up to tight & is lifting the butterfly. try disconnecting the throttle cable then start the car. Maybe that. Worth the 5 mins to do it.
  14. Thread: 1200 rpm

by Alan M
    Replies
    Views

Where are you from? A fresh pair of eyes may be...

Where are you from? A fresh pair of eyes may be able to pick up any problems you may have missed if you are local to any helpful members. Split hoses are common especially around where the hose...
  15. Thread: 1200 rpm

by PaulZX
    Replies
    Views

could be as simple as the butterfly not closing...

could be as simple as the butterfly not closing properly. I'd check the control arm on the throttle housing, is free and not fouling on anything at all before I spent any money on it.
  16. Thread: 1200 rpm

by AlanG
    Replies
    Views

:doh: Forgot about the ICV........1/2 hour job to...

:doh: Forgot about the ICV........1/2 hour job to give a thorough clean. I used WD40 as it was all I had but brake cleaner is better. Worth a try.
  17. Thread: 1200 rpm

by MARKY70RRR
    Replies
    Views

mine did this for ages and now and again it would...

mine did this for ages and now and again it would thro a light up on dash found it to be idle control valve,cleaned it and even soaked it in cleaner for a day,but after a run it went back to idling...
  18. Thread: 1200 rpm

by AlanG
    Replies
    Views

Not sure mate but my honest opinion is no. Sure...

Not sure mate but my honest opinion is no. Sure someone will be along to identify the part in question. Have you cleaned the throttle tube? They are prone to sticking in old age and can prevent the...
  19. Thread: 1200 rpm

by AlanG
    Replies
    Views

Should be same as mine then buddy. They're famous...

Should be same as mine then buddy. They're famous for the vac elbow to the timing side of the inlet manifold perforating. If you do a search on here,you'll find a "how to" on replacing the little...
  20. Thread: 1200 rpm

by AlanG
    Replies
    Views

Can't go wrong with that mate. Is your car...

Can't go wrong with that mate. Is your car pre-ME7?
  21. Thread: 1200 rpm

by AlanG
    Replies
    Views

Definitely no vac leaks mate? Mine was the...

Definitely no vac leaks mate? Mine was the same,and guess what? Yep......vacuum leak!!
  22. Replies
    Views

I shall put in to pictures rather than describe...

I shall put in to pictures rather than describe the differences so you know what you are looking at.

The front seat bases in the R are more supportive than the T-5R and the leather/alcantara is...
  23. Thread: blue smoke

by t5 pete
    Replies
    Views

It all depends on how good you are with the...

It all depends on how good you are with the spanners you will either need to make or buy a cam locking tool that holds them in place to the rocker cover while you bolt them down then theres the...
  24. Thread: blue smoke

by Chad
    Replies
    Views

where are you based????

where are you based????
  25. Thread: blue smoke

by t5 pete
    Replies
    Views

At a geuss i would say quite expensive as the...

At a geuss i would say quite expensive as the head needs to be removed the valves need to be remeved then a rebuild inc new gaskets
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready