Join Today

Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I did this, roughly following that guide and did,...

I did this, roughly following that guide and did, to be fair, an 'adequate' job. It was the first time I'd ever sprayed anything so didn't realise why half the steps were necessary. Which is why...
  2. Replies
    Views

Not trying to disagree ... but I had a mate with...

Not trying to disagree ... but I had a mate with fatter tyres on the front of his Mini and that was fine (though it was several years ago). If there is such a rule, I would think it would be not to...
  3. Volvo 480: 25th Anniversary of the first FWD Volvo

A few weeks too late, but never mind.

http://www.volvocars.com/intl/top/about/news-events/pages/default.aspx?itemid=202

By the way, they're brilliant.
  4. Replies
    Views

Poll: I'll probably be in trouble for posting with no...

I'll probably be in trouble for posting with no experience ... but regardless of the apparently debatable source of the tune, Bruce's dyno published on T5D5 was commented as "Spot on", "AFRs fine"...
  5. Replies
    Views

I suspect they've quoted for the two different...

I suspect they've quoted for the two different belts and pulleys separately, where realistically they can be done at the same time. If the engine is half out (or the front wing is off, or whatever)...
  6. Replies
    Views

Unless you're having other work done, I make it...

Unless you're having other work done, I make it £650ish...

The parts (V/S40 timing belt kit) from Rufe on this forum was £75 for a 2.0T engine; about £100 for a 1.8GDi. That was a couple of...
  7. Replies
    Views

Is this the thread you were looking for?...

Is this the thread you were looking for? http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21737
  8. Replies
    Views

Others have recommended...

Others have recommended http://www.liquidleather.com/liquidl.htm. Not used it myself to confirm though.

Plenty of generally useful leather care information there too. Obviously selling their...
  9. Replies
    Views

I just had a thought (that's probably as...

I just had a thought (that's probably as irrelevant as my first, but no matter, it won't hurt). I had this once on a Citroen diesel (it was before I saw the light). It cranked and cranked and just...
  10. Replies
    Views

That or fuel pressure regulator. Give it a touch...

That or fuel pressure regulator. Give it a touch of gas after it's been cranking for about 20 seconds and see if it wants to start. A good ol' stink of fuel and I reckon that'd be the issue.
  11. Replies
    Views

Going back to the original question ... ...

Going back to the original question ...

Turbos work by voodoo. It's essentially just a fan and a compressor and it sits in the exhaust. The exhaust gases turn the fan, which blows air into the...
  12. Replies
    Views

Though to supply here: 440, 460, 480: PCD :...

Though to supply here:

440, 460, 480: PCD : 4x100 Offset : 35 to 45 Bore : 52.1
    7-series: PCD: 5x108 Offset : 15 to 25 Bore : 65.1
    850 4 Stud: PCD : 4x108 Offset : 35 to 45 Bore : 65.1...
  13. Replies
    Views

Some are 4 stud and some are 5. Fitments are...

Some are 4 stud and some are 5. Fitments are nickable from www.alloywheels.com, which has a database of fitments for lots of cars. I haven't actually used them for wheels, but their data was good!
  14. Increasing base boost / shortening wastegate arm (how-to)

Thought I'd post this in case it helps anyone else. The procedure was carried out on a V40 2.0T, but I suspect most other engines are pretty much the same.

Here's the pre-requisites:

1. Your...
  15. Replies
    Views

The 1.6 is underpowered; the 1.8 is usually a...

The 1.6 is underpowered; the 1.8 is usually a Mitsubishi GDI engine that will get carboned up, which leaves the 2.0. There's only about 4mpg between all the petrol engines (1.6 is 36mpg, T4 is...
  16. Replies
    Views

The colour coded pipes currently go to the BCS,...

The colour coded pipes currently go to the BCS, which is probably attached to your airbox (assuming it's a similar set up to the V40). There will be three pipes attached to the BCS:

* Yellow -...
  17. Thread: Oily Plugs

by daveforber
    Replies
    Views

This may be of help?...

This may be of help? http://www.spark-plugs.co.uk/pages/technical/diagnosis.htm
  18. Replies
    Views

Water loss in my (limited) experience is due to...

Water loss in my (limited) experience is due to any of the following, in order of cost:

1. Poor attachment of a water hose clip
    2. Split hoses (coolant-coloured puddles)
    3. Leaking radiator caps...
  19. Replies
    Views

If she's driving it after just passing her test,...

If she's driving it after just passing her test, it probably won't matter, but I find it quite nose-heavy.

They're comfortable, reliable enough (the accepted wisdom I think is to go for later...
  20. Replies
    Views

I did find a site somewhere to compare them for...

I did find a site somewhere to compare them for me, and I believe they were the same (damned if I can find the link now though!)
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready