Join Today

Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I have done this. What a ballache of a job!

I have done this. What a ballache of a job!
  2. Replies
    Views

Job done! Was not looking forward to doing it but...

Job done! Was not looking forward to doing it but was a lot easier than expected.
    Just waiting for some new driveshaft bolts from the dealer to arrive on Monday and I'm finished.
  3. Replies
    Views

Happy days Dave!! Glad you are sorted. Start...

Happy days Dave!! Glad you are sorted. Start saving your pennies for a genuine Bosch or Piezo MAF though, don't think those cheapy MAFs last too long!
  4. Replies
    Views

THREAD RESURRECTION ALERT!!! Right. Finally...

THREAD RESURRECTION ALERT!!!

Right. Finally sorted the problem of MAF fault codes when I put free flow filter on. (hopefully!)
    I had everything standard for a long time as I could not get it to...
  5. Replies
    Views

Right. Got hold of a nice chap at Brook Crompton....

Right. Got hold of a nice chap at Brook Crompton. He was amazed that I had a motor as old as this still going!! Anyway, I need a 100uf 275 volt start cap. So cheers for that link James and thanks to...
  6. Replies
    Views

Hi mate. No to your question above. Do you get a...

Hi mate. No to your question above. Do you get a message on the dash? Car will tell you that a bulb has blown. The fact that both are not working suggests a relay. Hopefully something as cheap and...
  7. Replies
    Views

Do tell where from!

Do tell where from!
  8. Replies
    Views

Yep, I am a fan. Good work there!

Yep, I am a fan. Good work there!
  9. Blimey James!!! That looked like hard work. Good...

Blimey James!!! That looked like hard work. Good job though and good write up. Will be referring to this when I have the inevitable task of doing this.
    I remember doing the wishbones and it was the...
  10. Replies
    Views

As far as I can see, it's not. Was looking for...

As far as I can see, it's not. Was looking for ages and could not find them. Ring up the dealer and they will price them up for you. Though I think LeeT5 says they only come in an assembly which is a...
  11. Replies
    Views

Just had a look at those 2 little Vac one way...

Just had a look at those 2 little Vac one way valves. The one under the manifold I can blow through from either end, so that's a knacker. The other one sealed itself with just the slightest of blows....
  12. Replies
    Views

Great write up Lee. You have given me a few...

Great write up Lee. You have given me a few pointers with some of my issues. Got car going to Volvo for a smoke test. Dreading the results for that......... Am going to check those little one way vac...
  13. Replies
    Views

That's where I got mine from. No probs so far 18...

That's where I got mine from. No probs so far 18 months later. (that's just cursed it!).
    Come down in price too. mine was 100 quid with about a tenner import tax payable to postie, IIRC.
  14. Tighten to stated torque setting, then add...

Tighten to stated torque setting, then add another 120 degrees of turn, which is '20 minutes on a clock face'.
    Where is a good place to get some of these please chaps? Ta
  15. LINKY for where to buy good 'uns please...

LINKY for where to buy good 'uns please someone!!!

PS Good work James!
  16. Replies
    Views

Basically, your entire intake and vacuum system...

Basically, your entire intake and vacuum system is pressurised with smoke laden air and, hey presto, smoke comes out of any leaks. I was thinking of making my own, but have not worked out how to get...
  17. Replies
    Views

Happy days James. So pleased for you. The T5...

Happy days James. So pleased for you. The T5 keeps on rollin'!!
  18. Replies
    Views

FINALLY!!! People are starting to realise that...

FINALLY!!! People are starting to realise that the car belongs to James, and what he does with it is his business. LOL, it has only taken 120 odd posts. If he wants to plough money into what others...
  19. Replies
    Views

Hate to say it mate, but does not sound too good....

Hate to say it mate, but does not sound too good. Could be a few things, but they all have the ability to seriously lighten your wallet. Car engines are not designed to burn oil, so when they do...
  20. RESULT Lee!!! Just had my PCV replaced. Pig of a...

RESULT Lee!!! Just had my PCV replaced. Pig of a job, but at 112k miles and still the original, it needed doing. Was well clogged.
  21. Replies
    Views

Huh huh! He said 'boning'. And 'tools'

Huh huh! He said 'boning'. And 'tools'
  22. Replies
    Views

Yes he does. And if that doesn't work, THEN he...

Yes he does. And if that doesn't work, THEN he breaks out the chainsaw!
  23. Replies
    Views

You should ask Powerflex if they will use your...

You should ask Powerflex if they will use your car as a testbed for all round blacks!!! Save you a few quid if they would supply and fit them!
  24. Gotta say James, for a car that is giving you so...

Gotta say James, for a car that is giving you so much grief under the skin, it looks great from the outside!!!!:B_thumb:
    Pegs would look nice. Just put a set on mine.
  25. Replies
    Views

I reckon that is good advice there James. You...

I reckon that is good advice there James. You will know fairly quickly if they make a positive or negative difference if you test them methodically by going over roads you know intimately.
    Anyway,...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready