Join Today

What type of riding do you do and what bike do you use.................

1. Santa
    Santa
    As the title says, what type of riding do you enjoy doing and what bike do you use.

I enjoy cross country riding mostly though do a little road/path/tarmac. I use a Mongoose Otero Elite (2008) as its my only bike. (Which I bought off Emlyn).

I will admit the bike is in need of service currently with much reduced brakeforce.

2. Immingham
    Immingham
    I've got a couple of bikes, an Orange patriot for downhilling (don't use it much as falling off hurts!) and a Jamis Durango sport hard tail for xc..
  3. seadog850r
    seadog850r
    i work part time in my local bike shop so my fleet of bikes is ever expanding and changing!

currently - cotic bfe hardtail used for everything from x/c to dh
    cotic roadrat, perfect for commuting and gettin around town
    electra rockabilly cruiser, mostly for looking cool going to the shops
    lemond roadbike, converted to hipster spec fixed wheel, no brakes, upside down bars etc etc
    1920's raleigh townbike with push rod brakes, next on the list for a full resto
    transition dirtbag freeride frame and norco a line dh frame, cant decide what to do with them!
    oh and a couple unicycles

me and friends have been doing some more enduro/dh races this past year so i just put in an order for a new carbon lapierre spicy, not here till january tho.
  4. 1112lewis
    1112lewis
    I currently have a Commencal meta 5.5 vip! awesopme bike, good for everything!
  5. Brett855tdi
    Brett855tdi
    Nice topic

I ride a custom (of course) 2012 Onza pro

Yes it is a funny place to keep it, but my place is cramped to say the least

And yes i know it doesn't have a seat, i use the bike to make a decent workout entertaining.
    Great thing is i can chuck it on the back seats of the C and take it anywhere, i usually go for an urban/industrial course rather than on the rocks.

soon to follow will be alloy stem, bars and forks to loose to weight and maybe drilled rims if i can find the ones i want

If this is of help to anyone i have hydraulic brakes and parts for sale pm for info
  6. merc85
    merc85
    Into Road cycling although winter weather has disrupted my regeme, doing around 30 miles during the week after work, and around 20-30miles on a sunday.

This is my current bike, Moser Speed sora

http://kevelo.com/product/moser-bikes-speed-sora-2013/
  7. MVR
    MVR
    Love my mountain biking!!

I'm into trail riding, abit of DH and some XC

Here's my ride, started off as a budget build but as got abit out of hand now!!!!!!

8. S40kieran
    S40kieran
    I've got two a full Susser and a 19inch hard tail pics to come tommorow
  9. S40kieran
    S40kieran
    my full Susser and my hard tail which is a pleasure to ride
  10. jdavis
    jdavis
    This is mine
    Cube Ltd pro 29er
  11. merc85
    merc85
    This is miy beasty lol
  12. MVR
    MVR
    Nice Cube!!!!

Little video of a local trail section
    https://youtu.be/nq16NM8TXrU
  13. S40kieran
    S40kieran
    I don't do as much riding as I'd like but the 29 inch wheels are a dream very smooth and fast, I need to stop working and indulge in my hobbies a bit more I've got a kayak aswell. Ahhh well such as life
  14. MVR
    MVR
    I'll stick to my old skool 26 tempted to get a newer Marin with 650b's tho. Heard mixed reviews about 29ers and for me the wheels are just too big
  15. jdavis
    jdavis
    The 29er is great for racking up the miles down trails or on the road, doesn't have the chuckability of a 26 though. I'm still getting used to it. Overall its good though.
  16. S40kieran
    S40kieran
    Jdavis I like the 29er as you say they munch the miles up with ease and are faster and smoother, bit strange at first because you sit quite high lol. Mine was a halfrauds bargain £100 I think it was in a sale so I snapped it up its nice and light aswell
  17. jonboy21t
    jonboy21t
    I ride a Cube Sting 29er.....it's a lovely ride & replaced my much used Marin Rocksprings - i fancied a change & test rode a few bikes & loved the 29" ride...so smooth & effortless cross country & on big climbs...
    It has sus settings:
    Climb: lock out for climbs & tarmac cruising
    Cross country: trail riding, bridleways, byways etc.......(i use this setting 99% of the time)
    Descent: full on for down hilling etc.....to be honest - i don't go crazy as i'm over 40 & could do with out any broken bones etc....
    A Saturday morning ride for me is 25 miles, cross country on trails & byways.....i love it..!!

ps....i can't seem to upload a photo on this page.......:-(
  18. mike 850
    mike 850
    I mainly do road biking with this

But have a voodo Bantu MTB too, did a 20 mile trail ride on it tonight
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready