Join Today

Conversation Between Dangerous Dave and big fan volvo

4 Visitor Messages

1. Got mine from Braydons Volvo in London. There's a box on ebay at the moment, but its £300.
  2. Thanks for that. Going to look at it Friday on ramp

Where did you get gearbox from?

I will let you know outcome of our findings
  3. Hiya matey,

You need to look at the whole train starting from the gearbox output, unbolt the angle gear and check the splines,then check the angle gear for play, then check the propshaft cv joints and centre bearing. Not sure how to check the viscous coupling, but I've not yet seen anyone with one that has gone, and the rear diff is off a 960, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with that unless the oil has drained out of it.

My problem was with the output shaft from the gearbox. The splines on it had stripped and also on the connecting sleeve. My angle gear is spot on with no play in it, so that wasn't the problem.

I sourced a second hand gearbox from a place in london, cost me £200, and I bought a new connecting sleeve for £80 from Rufe. I spent 3 days taking the engine out and swapping the gearbox out, but that was because there were a few problems.

See my thread here
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24549

Good luck with it and give us a shout if you get stuck
  4. Hi Bomb 192Uk

I am sure I recall you loosing rear wheel drive on your awd. Mine has gone same way, i gues either torque tube or splines on gearboc. What did you do, how much time and how much cash. Did you have to replace angle gerar and did you do yourself

One keen but looks like pooreer v70 r awd owner!

Simon
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

ipv6 ready