PDA

View Full Version : dash clock lights

CAMO
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 19:53
Has anyone attempted to replace the dashboard lights behind the clocks. If so what sort of job - difficulty, and what type of buls are they?

T5ER
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 20:12
Has anyone attempted to replace the dashboard lights behind the clocks. If so what sort of job - difficulty, and what type of buls are they?

not sure about the bulbs and from the colourfull language some of our mechanics use must be a nightmare to do

Tomcat
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 20:40
Its not that difficult to be honest, you need to remove the top of the dash, this is held on by a series of torx screws. Two are just above the clocks, one hidden behind a cover on the right hand side of the dash(where the demister vent is), this also applies to the left hand side of the dash, there are two hidden above the middle two vents of the heater, get a screw driver and carefully prise the vents free. There may be some if you open the glovebox lid and look up(I cant remember). after that the dash top should slide forward and come off. Once you've accomplished that the clocks just unplug and lift out, the bulbs are quite obvious after that....
As to what type they are.....Hmm they're tiny little ones in a small round holder thats a twist fit into the dash(from memory)

Should take you about an hour or so if you haven't done it before. Good luck

CAMO
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 20:44
nice one tom cat, when i've got a day free I will give it a bash!

dicky b t5
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 20:48
nice one tom cat, when i've got a day free I will give it a bash!
As TC said, Its quite a nice little job to do....If you've got a Haynes Man, its all in there.

T5ER
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 20:53
i know see why i book mine into our service department to do the ££££y jobs on my car its in tomorrow for steering rack boots as i cant be arsed to do them

Justin
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 21:06
Dont forget the 2 torx screws in under the dash speaker vents ;)

T5ER
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 21:14
never had a look at mine at night time maybe i should then if any bulbs are gone ermmmmmm book it into work

oblark
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 21:50
Hi,

Ive changed the bulbs behind my clocks

check out :- http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6288&highlight=dashboard+bulbs

CAMO
Wednesday 3rd May 2006, 20:18
What other colours do they do?