PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Flap not opening

ammo1981
Monday 1st May 2006, 15:01
hello. Ever since i removed the door card to investigate my d/s window not closing (which turned out to be switch pack), the fuel flap doesnt open via the release in the door. The boot release works fine. It just gets a bit annoying always going to the boot to pull the string! Any ideas chaps?

Ross9
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 12:14
Happened on our 850, I pulled the string and then bent the tab back so that the lock doesn;t engage to get around it for the short term (still in the short term apparently as I didnt do anything else about it lol) MOT fail like that though if the actual cap under the flap isn't lockable so tab would need bent back for the MOT test.

Ross

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 13:01
I have a spare fuel flap solenoid if you need it (from a C70). £35 plus P & P

ammo1981
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 19:44
i just find it a coincidence that as soon i take off the door card, for some reason the fuel flap doesnt open anymore......if it is a solenoid....where does it fit. easy job??

SaffronC70
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 19:54
Perhaps it's only the connector on the switch that has fallen off ?

Chris

ammo1981
Tuesday 2nd May 2006, 20:49
isnt the connector the for boot release switch the same one as for the fuel flap release. Behhind the door panel, all i could see is one block connector on the boot & fuel flap release. Or have i missed something??

Wobbly Dave
Friday 5th May 2006, 09:02
The one connector in the door card has a number of connection wires - they have to be otherwise everytime you opened the fuel flap - the boot would open.

Suggest removing the fuel flap release solenoid - and testing it with a 12 volt supply. Solenoid's either work or dont.