PDA

View Full Version : fuel/ignition warning light

blackbooty
Monday 1st May 2006, 11:44
hi everyone, after rebuiling my 96 854 auto, i am left with the fuel/ignition system warning triangle light on.
the car is driving just fine (other than the bouncing revs) , would anyone know if leaving the oxygen sensor (lambda) unscrewed from the exhaust for a few months would damage it or possibly cause the light to remain on for some reason?
i may be looking in the wrong direction, but taking the exhaust off is the only part of fuel/ignition system ive touched, other than disconnecting and reconnecting the evap cannister.

wayne.

fraz13
Monday 1st May 2006, 11:50
Only way to be sure is get the codes read, it could be 1 of a million things mate ;)

Try the wee rubber elbow to the left of the inlet manifold under the powersteering resvoir first tho....

JUDGENINJA
Monday 1st May 2006, 17:16
I had the lambda light come on when my exhaust failed (it snapped before the flexihose near the the manifold). I repaired the fault and the light stayed on, but after a while I think the program reset itself, because gradually the light went out. So far the light has stayed off..

I'm not sure how the volvos are programmed but I've never had the fault codes checked or reset, but once you've fixed your problem wait a few days and see what happens....

blackbooty
Monday 1st May 2006, 17:38
cheers guys

blackbooty
Monday 1st May 2006, 20:25
Only way to be sure is get the codes read, it could be 1 of a million things mate ;)

Try the wee rubber elbow to the left of the inlet manifold under the powersteering resvoir first tho....

You could well be bang on Fraz, ive just felt the rubber elbow and the larger pipe it goes into has well deteriorated, and is basically falling apart.

i must have damaged it further cos i then went to the shops and car wouldnt accelerate properly and then took off like a scolded cat all of a sudden.

nice one that man.